Topic Wiki

1) The Holocaust happened because Jews were unable to obtain guns due to Poland's notoriously strict gun laws.
2) The left wants an absolute gun ban - no guns at all, any type, for anyone, ever.
3) The right wants mass shootings, especially school shootings.
4) Everyone agrees we need to require better background checks and use more discretion in handing out gun licenses.
4.a The right cannot pass such legislation because it is a slippery slope to banning all guns, everywhere, for everyone.
4.b The left cannot pass such legislation because it is not enough.
5)  Every school in the US should have metal detectors at the entrance, be surrounded by a 30' cement wall and have armed guards in every classroom and hallway. The more guns around kids the better.
6) 7 year olds going through half an hour of security theater every day just to go to school is a perfectly normal and acceptable solution.
7) The second amendment entitles every US citizen to an AR-15.
8 ) Laws don't prevent crimes.
9) Guns don't kill people
10) Stats prove my side of the argument 100% correct. (D)
11) Stats prove my side of the argument 100% correct  (R)

Author Topic: Parkland, FL 2/14/18 School Shooting, 17 Killed (Another mass shooting!)  (Read 200232 times)

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Parkland, FL 2/14/18 School Shooting, 17 Killed (Another mass shooting!)
« Reply #1460 on: October 02, 2018, 10:17:59 PM »
Maybe this will help the ignorant ones who keep repeating "but Chicago has the strictest gun laws".
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/atf-guns-stolen-from-tennessee-found-outside-chicago/ar-BBNQFtn?ocid=spartanntp

Correct, gun laws won't stop murder. But, banning legal gun ownership causes more murders.

It's impossible that eradicate guns, it's incomprehensible that murders by knife can be stopped by anything short than the Messianic era.

There is no logic that can morally dictate that since a gun may be stolen and used to kill people. Ban guns and let their owners be killed .

It's akin to saying that women wearing wigs provocate men, burn the women!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: October 02, 2018, 10:42:05 PM »
But, banning legal gun ownership causes more murders.
...and this is based on what?
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: October 04, 2018, 11:50:39 AM »
...and this is based on what?

Based on the many people who saved their lives because they be had guns abd defended themselves against murder or rape etc

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: October 04, 2018, 11:58:40 AM »
Based on the many people who saved their lives because they be had guns abd defended themselves against murder or rape etc
...and how many lost their lives or that doesn't matter?
So you believe if guns were banned we would have more murders?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 12:02:44 PM by ChaimMoskowitz »

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: October 04, 2018, 12:00:30 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45749886
The problem is we don't have enough guns.   ::)
When is everyone going to wake up?   >:(

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: October 04, 2018, 12:49:34 PM »
...and how many lost their lives or that doesn't matter?
So you believe if guns were banned we would have more murders?

Your moral compass is so screwed you have me worried if you have any human feelings.

Your logic dictates in banning guns would prevent killings or at least lessen them.

On a realistic real life fact, that isn't true. The murders in Chicago while even if banning guns might have made those guns harder to aquire, would in no way stop gun aquisituon and murder. Home made guns and smuggled guns would take over.

Increases in stabbing, car ramming etc would also make up.

Now, what you instead do, is deprive law abiding citizens their God given and constitutional affirmed rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Why ? Because you moral compass dictates so! So because some criminal's used guns, there for disarm the law abiding masses and throw them prey to the animals.

But an analysis of five years' worth of stats collected by the federal Bureau of Justice Statistics' National Crime Victimization Survey puts the number much, much lower — about 67,740 times a year. Guns used in self defense

Versus 8342 criminal homicides.

How many lives we're saved ? Dunno, maybe 5000 maybe 250,000?
How many of those 8342 would have been killed with an alternative weapon if no guns ? Dunno

I'm going with the 67,000 numbers because it's my God given right and duty to defend myself, my heart mourns for senseless murders, it's time we bring God, morality, the seven noahide laws and the value of human life back into the national debate.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: October 04, 2018, 12:59:31 PM »
Your moral compass is so screwed you have me worried if you have any human feelings.

Your logic dictates in banning guns would prevent killings or at least lessen them.

On a realistic real life fact, that isn't true. The murders in Chicago while even if banning guns might have made those guns harder to aquire, would in no way stop gun aquisituon and murder. Home made guns and smuggled guns would take over.

Increases in stabbing, car ramming etc would also make up.

Now, what you instead do, is deprive law abiding citizens their God given and constitutional affirmed rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Why ? Because you moral compass dictates so! So because some criminal's used guns, there for disarm the law abiding masses and throw them prey to the animals.

But an analysis of five years' worth of stats collected by the federal Bureau of Justice Statistics' National Crime Victimization Survey puts the number much, much lower — about 67,740 times a year. Guns used in self defense

Versus 8342 criminal homicides.

How many lives we're saved ? Dunno, maybe 5000 maybe 250,000?
How many of those 8342 would have been killed with an alternative weapon if no guns ? Dunno

I'm going with the 67,000 numbers because it's my God given right and duty to defend myself, my heart mourns for senseless murders, it's time we bring God, morality, the seven noahide laws and the value of human life back into the national debate.
If you want debate my moral compass against yours you might want think twice about that.

If you think banning guns would not reduce murders I am not sure what world you are living in.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: October 04, 2018, 01:43:01 PM »
If you want debate my moral compass against yours you might want think twice about that.

If you think banning guns would not reduce murders I am not sure what world you are living in.

A world that had me attend funerals of people killed because they were unarmed and a world where I attended celebration's of those saved because they were armed.

You fail to show any valid arguments showing how one would defend against knife other devices..

Nor how the old and weak could defend against others.

Nor how one armed person could prevent a mass murder.

Because you can't, you would have to say damned be the law abiding masses! Which is your argument.

Me, I'm saddened and pained at the loss of human lives, I'm not saying that those killed we're collateral numbers so that the rest of us may live.

However society needs to adapt a better world view into the value of human life and education. See what the lubavitcher rebbe said.

The numbers do not report how often someone who's life was in danger pulled a gun and had the threat run away.

Lastly, the world is full of jerks who have predatory dogs and don't secure them, yes I feel secure with a gun on me at times if I'd have to shoot a dog.. and yes I've read plenty of stories where it's happened.

But by your logic, if cars kill, ban all cars including ambulances, damn the sick, who gives a hoot!! We are saving lives!!!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: October 04, 2018, 01:58:29 PM »
A world that had me attend funerals of people killed because they were unarmed and a world where I attended celebration's of those saved because they were armed.

You fail to show any valid arguments showing how one would defend against knife other devices..

Nor how the old and weak could defend against others.

Nor how one armed person could prevent a mass murder.

Because you can't, you would have to say damned be the law abiding masses! Which is your argument.

Me, I'm saddened and pained at the loss of human lives, I'm not saying that those killed we're collateral numbers so that the rest of us may live.

However society needs to adapt a better world view into the value of human life and education. See what the lubavitcher rebbe said.

The numbers do not report how often someone who's life was in danger pulled a gun and had the threat run away.

Lastly, the world is full of jerks who have predatory dogs and don't secure them, yes I feel secure with a gun on me at times if I'd have to shoot a dog.. and yes I've read plenty of stories where it's happened.

But by your logic, if cars kill, ban all cars including ambulances, damn the sick, who gives a hoot!! We are saving lives!!!
I never said such things. If guns cause more deaths then they save you to need rethink things.

You might feel secure with owning a gun but it is a false sense of security. We have examples of that every day in Chicago. No matter how many guns you or I own we will never be safe because of them.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: October 04, 2018, 02:40:30 PM »
I never said such things. If guns cause more deaths then they save you to need rethink things.

You might feel secure with owning a gun but it is a false sense of security. We have examples of that every day in Chicago. No matter how many guns you or I own we will never be safe because of them.

So then tackle inner-city education.. why should guns be banned in Florida because you have violence in Chicago?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: October 04, 2018, 02:45:21 PM »
So then tackle inner-city education.. why should guns be banned in Florida because you have violence in Chicago?
I guess you missed my original point. Where do you think these guns are coming from used in the Chicago murders?
What about the Florida nigh club shooting or LAS massacre? That was an inner-city education. You can come up with 1001 things that are the problem. One thing you can't deny is the single common denominator, GUNS!!!

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: October 04, 2018, 05:06:05 PM »
I guess you missed my original point. Where do you think these guns are coming from used in the Chicago murders?
What about the Florida nigh club shooting or LAS massacre? That was an inner-city education. You can come up with 1001 things that are the problem. One thing you can't deny is the single common denominator, GUNS!!!

You are latching on high profile murders while ignoring the small everyday events. A mother who saves herself and small kids and may never make the news.

The Anti-gun rhetoric is very strong, you cannot prove prevention works. You cannot prove that because A had a gun, B didn't kill her.  What about when A had a gun and killed B before B could start a LAS massacre.

@ChaimMoskowitz FL nightclub was Jihad, they would have smuggled in a gun. And yes in that case having a gun will save your life.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: October 04, 2018, 05:26:54 PM »
You are latching on high profile murders while ignoring the small everyday events. A mother who saves herself and small kids and may never make the news.

The Anti-gun rhetoric is very strong, you cannot prove prevention works. You cannot prove that because A had a gun, B didn't kill her.  What about when A had a gun and killed B before B could start a LAS massacre.

@ChaimMoskowitz FL nightclub was Jihad, they would have smuggled in a gun. And yes in that case having a gun will save your life.
I am not ignoring what you call the "small everyday events". It is these killings that no amount of guns will stop. The amount of guns so readily  available contributes to these "small everyday events".

What we do know about the rhetoric is what we currently have does not work. You can cling to your gun and pretend it is working but that doesn't change the facts.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: October 04, 2018, 05:54:24 PM »
I am not ignoring what you call the "small everyday events". It is these killings that no amount of guns will stop. The amount of guns so readily  available contributes to these "small everyday events".

What we do know about the rhetoric is what we currently have does not work. You can cling to your gun and pretend it is working but that doesn't change the facts.

The world has good and bad. Evil flourishes when the good submit.  Why should we the good submit to the bad? that is letting evil win.  Why should I be a martyr and give my life so that bad people may be limited ?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: October 04, 2018, 06:25:06 PM »
The world has good and bad. Evil flourishes when the good submit.  Why should we the good submit to the bad? that is letting evil win.  Why should I be a martyr and give my life so that bad people may be limited ?
Let me ask you a simple questions. Do you believe guns save or take more lives?

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: October 29, 2018, 10:26:58 AM »
How many more must die?
Does everyone have to lose a Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, Daughter or Son before we wake up as a country?

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: October 29, 2018, 05:19:58 PM »
How many more must die?
Does everyone have to lose a Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, Daughter or Son before we wake up as a country?

Put God back in schools for one. Gun control will cause more murders!

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: October 29, 2018, 05:21:44 PM »
Put God back in schools for one. Gun control will cause more murders!

Makes a lot of sense to me.

And it's good that none of the crazy murderers of the last century were religious...