Author Topic: Amazon Prime Visa Card  (Read 20102 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: Amazon Prime Visa Card
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2020, 02:45:56 AM »
how do you link it
Is the account name the same as the card holders name?
 If yes, try linking the rewards to the account the same way you would link the MR from an amex or UR with cash and etc.

By me, I applied through my amazon prime account, which automatically gave me the 5%.

If above doesn't work, try calling chase, and if still no luck see what amazon recommends.
 Good luck!
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Mootkim

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2020, 11:41:41 AM »
how do you link it
Just add it to the credit cards on the account.

Offline m65

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2020, 10:52:24 AM »
can anyone confirm if the chase amazon prime card is available for those over 5/24?
there isnt much of a signup bonus, so its not like churners have what to do with this card...

Offline TheDroid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2020, 06:44:08 PM »
can anyone confirm if the chase amazon prime card is available for those over 5/24?
there isnt much of a signup bonus, so its not like churners have what to do with this card...

No DP but I think the census is now every Chase card is subject to 5/24. You are welcome to try and be a DP.  ::)

On the other hand, you can always get the Amazon store card which gives the same discount.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2020, 08:36:46 PM »
  I just discovered you can redeem your Amazon Reward points for a cash value credit, either transferred to your attached Bank account or statement credit on your cc, Vs using to pay for your Amazon purchases.

I always thought I'm tied to redeem for my Amazon purchase, felt the need to buy something to redeem my rewards and I lost out on a $500 purchase.
 For Example If i would use my Amazon Rewards card I would gain an additional 2500 ($25) Points or have the ability to use my Amex or Chase cards which have the Extended warranty and protection.

That means there shouldn't be any reason one would be redeeming their points on Amazon upon checkout, rather redeem it for cash back and then use a cc on the purchase to earn additional points like meantioned before.

Can't believe that I'm only bumping into this option now.
 And for the longest time I was redeeming my points on Amazon.
 I've collected many Amazon points over the years and I lost out while not knowing this redemption ability.

Quote from: Dan - February 6, 2017 2:29PM
That makes your effective rebate on Amazon purchases at least 7.5%.
   That's a true statement, but then again your 7.5% is limited to use only at select places like meantioned; airfare, hotels, car rentals, and activities.
   While if you're not traveling then your better off using the Amazon Prime card from the comfort of your home Vs going to an office supply store and buying a GC, as well you're not getting any of the benefits that the Amazon Prime card has to offer, just to name one off the top of my head, Theft and damage protection up to $500 Per claim.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 08:40:29 PM by myi »
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Mootkim

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2020, 01:11:44 AM »
  I just discovered you can redeem your Amazon Reward points for a cash value credit, either transferred to your attached Bank account or statement credit on your cc, Vs using to pay for your Amazon purchases.

I always thought I'm tied to redeem for my Amazon purchase, felt the need to buy something to redeem my rewards and I lost out on a $500 purchase.
 For Example If i would use my Amazon Rewards card I would gain an additional 2500 ($25) Points or have the ability to use my Amex or Chase cards which have the Extended warranty and protection.

That means there shouldn't be any reason one would be redeeming their points on Amazon upon checkout, rather redeem it for cash back and then use a cc on the purchase to earn additional points like meantioned before.

I've collected many Amazon points over the years and I lost out while not knowing this redemption ability.

That's a true statement, but then again your 7.5% is limited to use only at select places like meantioned; airfare, hotels, car rentals, and activities.
   While if you're not traveling then your better off using the Amazon Prime card from the comfort of your home Vs going to an office supply store and buying a GC, as well you're not getting any of the benefits that the Amazon Prime card has to offer, just to name one off the top of my head, Theft and damage protection up to $500 Per claim.
Yeh sorry you lost out on so much more potential cash back. Every month I like to challenge myself to apply it to the most possible purchases leaving me with the fewest points possible. My record was actually this month when I had just a remainder of 2 points after applying to past purchases.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2020, 01:56:40 AM »
Yeh sorry you lost out on so much more potential cash back. Every month I like to challenge myself to apply it to the most possible purchases leaving me with the fewest points possible. My record was actually this month when I had just a remainder of 2 points after applying to past purchases.
Good for you.
  Don't know why I didn't think about applying the points  towards my purchases for cash and put it in my bank account.
 Oh well, you live and learn.

Offline bb1836

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 154
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2020, 08:16:14 AM »
Wait...what? So just to be clear, if I’m buying a $10 item, instead of using 1,000 Amazon points, I can transfer $10 worth to my bank or statement credit and then just use the card to purchase the item?
As @davidmal says: "Likes" feed the family

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2020, 08:20:50 AM »
Wait...what? So just to be clear, if I’m buying a $10 item, instead of using 1,000 Amazon points, I can transfer $10 worth to my bank or statement credit and then just use the card to purchase the item?
not sure about bank transfer, but statement credit yes.
In your scenario the benefit is 50 cents

Offline bb1836

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 154
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2020, 09:12:09 AM »
By bank transfer I meant cash value credit. But yeah, it’s not the $10 I’m taking about. It’s the many thousands over the years...oh well. You live and you learn.
As @davidmal says: "Likes" feed the family

Offline Mootkim

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2020, 11:50:57 AM »
The question is though, and I never tried it, if you apply it to a purchase that was made in the current statement that you never earned the points for yet, would that negate the charge and therefore not earn points or would it be no different than applying to purchases from the previous billing statement that already earned the points?

Offline Danlover111

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2020, 04:35:10 PM »

would you mind telling us how to do that?

Offline Mootkim

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2020, 12:25:31 AM »
login and click redeem my points

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2020, 03:27:30 PM »
Yes you can redeem those 1,000 points for $10 cash.
 Either by transferring it to your bank account or as a credit on your cc statement.

Yes that's correct you can now use your card to make that $10 purchase and receive 5x points. As meantioned $0.50 Saved or earned.

Bank transfer was one of the options to my checking or savings.

The question is though, and I never tried it, if you apply it to a purchase that was made in the current statement that you never earned the points for yet, would that negate the charge and therefore not earn points or would it be no different than applying to purchases from the previous billing statement that already earned the points?
I think it comes on as a statement credit nothing to do with the points. Meaning it won't counteract against any points being earned.

Yep it's that simple log on to your Chase account and click redeem points,  one of the options is going to be to use on Amazon for 1 cent per point or redeem for cash back as a statement credit or as a payment(meaning a cash deposit) to your checking or savings account.

login and click redeem my points
👍

Offline Mootkim

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2020, 03:41:45 PM »
Bank transfer was one of the options to my checking or savings.
I only have the Amex version and I don't think there is an option to transfer to bank. You are probably referring to the Chase version.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2020, 03:56:58 PM »
I only have the Amex version and I don't think there is an option to transfer to bank. You are probably referring to the Chase version.
Yup, header of this thread is Amazon Prime "Visa".

The Amex version offers the same perks as the visa/Chase card?

Offline Mootkim

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2020, 06:39:21 PM »
Yup, header of this thread is Amazon Prime "Visa".

The Amex version offers the same perks as the visa/Chase card?
Yes I dont know why anyone wouldnt get the amex version over the chase version. The amex is business card so no issues with carrying balance if you were doing this for bg. Doesnt waste a 5/24 spot and it offers more of a bonus for signing up ($125)

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2020, 07:23:33 PM »
Yes I dont know why anyone wouldnt get the amex version over the chase version. The amex is business card so no issues with carrying balance if you were doing this for bg. Doesnt waste a 5/24 spot and it offers more of a bonus for signing up ($125)
Now the downside is you can't redeem for cash credit on your statement or bank account.

Offline Mootkim

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2020, 10:30:18 PM »
Now the downside is you can't redeem for cash credit on your statement or bank account.
By cash credit you mean different than applying to past purchases?

Offline a good yeshiva bachur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2020, 02:38:59 AM »
are you sure?