Author Topic: Torah & Hashkafa Questions (PC Free For All)  (Read 152059 times)

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Re: Torah & Hashkafa Questions (PC Free For All)
« Reply #1000 on: February 16, 2023, 09:52:55 PM »
FTFY
Ahem.
Interesting we learn of this Brooklyn Eiruv from the Times. Who's initiative is it? Who's overseeing it? Weird story.
Not sure what triggered the NYT article now, but pretty sure I saw this in the Jewish news months ago.

ETA: https://www.boropark24.com/news/mayor-adams-completes-brooklyn-eruv-project-by-signing-99-year-lease-for-1

Same askanim behind it as the BP eruv. I recognize the faces. Rav Fishel Zatzal and L'Havdil Bein Chaim L'Chaim the Sederhele Ruv Shlita were very pro.

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: February 17, 2023, 12:37:44 AM »
Rav Fishel Zatzal and L'Havdil Bein Chaim L'Chaim the Sederhele Ruv Shlita were very pro.

Their being pro the BP Eiruv doesn't mean they'd support this one too. An Eiruv for entire Brooklyn encompasses Atlantic, Flatbush, Fulton avenues, let alone the responsibility of overseeing and maintaining an Eiruv of such scale. I don't see any prominent Rov in the photos with Frank Carone.

Offline imayid2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: February 17, 2023, 09:50:53 AM »

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: February 17, 2023, 12:18:02 PM »
Their being pro the BP Eiruv doesn't mean they'd support this one too. An Eiruv for entire Brooklyn encompasses Atlantic, Flatbush, Fulton avenues, let alone the responsibility of overseeing and maintaining an Eiruv of such scale. I don't see any prominent Rov in the photos with Frank Carone.
Why don't you call the Sederhele Ruv Shlita and ask him if he supports it? As far as I remember, he is the Rav Hamachshir of the eruv in BP and perhaps of this one, too.

ETA: Seems like there is some collection of letters here:

https://www.brooklyneruv.com/rabbinic-letters/

Offline imayid2

• View Profile

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile

Offline Definitions

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: February 21, 2023, 08:01:45 PM »
What's wrong with people?!
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline rbs-g1.5

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 26, 2023, 03:40:38 PM »
https://matzav.com/maran-rav-chaim-kanievskys-pants-removed-from-auction-sale/
I am still hoping it was just a rosh chodesh adar prank.The title holy pants lends to that feeling.....

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #1010 on: March 14, 2023, 09:31:26 PM »
Can someone send me a picture from an artscroll of the daf on סא: מסכת ברכות.
 From the גמרא half way down. Starting with
 ״וְאָהַבְתָּ אֵת ה׳ אֱלֹהֶיךָ״. תַּנְיָא, רַבִּי אֱלִיעֶזֶר אוֹמֵר: אִם נֶאֱמַר ״בְּכָל נַפְשְׁךָ״, לָמָּה נֶאֱמַר ״בְּכָל מְאֹדֶךָ״?,

Till the end of the amud?
 Thanks just don't have a gemara with me.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Definitions

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: March 14, 2023, 10:58:32 PM »
PMd Hebrew if that helps
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline Philosophypsych

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: March 15, 2023, 01:03:24 AM »
Of course, but some people only remember the first part and not the second.
I don't know who the mechaber is, but doesn't sound right. I'm sorry.
R Yosef Albo has 3 Ikkarim, Rambam has 13.
To say you're not bichllal Yehudi for an inyan of Emunah that isn't even an Ikar is totally uncalled for, and just wrong!
I don't even see the issue at all if someone does not believe it, he flips the words around says הקבה גוזר והצדיק מבטל.. chazal say צדיק גוזר והקבה מקיים..two very different things ...whatever.. but always off putting when u see these seforim say "and anyone that does this and this, אינו בכלל יהודי" like what are you doing, if it's a rishon it's one thing but otherwise there are clear things that make or don't make u בכלל יהודי don't add on to what we have please, כלל ישראל is dealing with enough as it is.

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 15, 2023, 01:22:31 AM »
I don't know who the mechaber is, but doesn't sound right. I'm sorry.
R Yosef Albo has 3 Ikkarim, Rambam has 13.
To say you're not bichllal Yehudi for an inyan of Emunah that isn't even an Ikar is totally uncalled for, and just wrong!
I don't even see the issue at all if someone does not believe it, he flips the words around says הקבה גוזר והצדיק מבטל.. chazal say צדיק גוזר והקבה מקיים..two very different things ...whatever.. but always off putting when u see these seforim say "and anyone that does this and this, אינו בכלל יהודי" like what are you doing, if it's a rishon it's one thing but otherwise there are clear things that make or don't make u בכלל יהודי don't add on to what we have please, כלל ישראל is dealing with enough as it is.

Whoa! I'm not sure I even want to address this garbage, but what what I do find extremely ironic is after having gone through with you about your belief that anyone and everyone should learn Kabbalah, (AKA קליינע אותיות), but very weirdly you state with the most confidence about an open gemara - not a sefer Ikrim or other sifrei Kabalah you're so enthusiastic about- that it's non existent, and not only that, it was a distortion made by nearly all the sifrei Chassidus. ::) ::) ::)

:מו״ק טז
אָמַר אֱלֹהֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל לִי דִבֶּר צוּר יִשְׂרָאֵל מוֹשֵׁל בָּאָדָם צַדִּיק מוֹשֵׁל יִרְאַת אֱלֹהִים״. מַאי קָאָמַר? אָמַר רַבִּי אֲבָהוּ, הָכִי קָאָמַר: אָמַר אֱלֹהֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל, לִי דִבֶּר צוּר יִשְׂרָאֵל, אֲנִי מוֹשֵׁל בָּאָדָם, מִי מוֹשֵׁל בִּי — צַדִּיק, שֶׁאֲנִי גּוֹזֵר גְּזֵרָה וּמְבַטְּלָהּ.

The Tiferes Shlomo is one of the most famous and most learned Sifrei Chassidus out there, but that's just another area where your ignorance and arrogance go hand in hand.

Offline Philosophypsych

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 15, 2023, 01:29:21 AM »
Huh?
So this is the 14th Ikar? The yesod of Emunah that a tzadik is mevatel a gzeirah..?
We know a tzadik can do that at times using methods whether tfilah  etc..this notion that a tzadik takes on in chasidic literature is diff then the pasuk and that maamor chazal..what if I told you tzadik is referring to the sefirah of yesod and that's what we mean by צדיק מושל בי..but clearly you have some personal hatred I see how u mention how every post I made rubbed u specifically hard I apologize!

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: March 15, 2023, 01:33:52 AM »
Huh?
So this is the 14th Ikar? The yesod of Emunah that a tzadik is mevatel a gzeirah..?
We know a tzadik can do that at times using methods whether tfilah  etc..this notion that a tzadik takes on in chasidic literature is diff then the pasuk and that maamor chazal..what if I told you tzadik is referring to the sefirah of yesod and that's what we mean by צדיק מושל בי..but clearly you have some personal hatred I see how u mention how every post I made rubbed u specifically hard I apologize!

Acknowledge your ignorance first and back down from your brazen accusation on our biggest sages when you're the one who had that wrong. Afterwards if you have questions you can ask with derech eretz and you might get an explanation.  :)

what if I told you tzadik is referring to the sefirah of yesod and that's what we mean by צדיק מושל בי..

I can see why delving too much into Sefiros etc can create difficulties in understanding a Pashut Gemara. 

Offline Philosophypsych

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 15, 2023, 01:35:10 AM »
Whoa! I'm not sure I even want to address this garbage, but what what I do find extremely ironic is after having gone through with you about your belief that anyone and everyone should learn Kabbalah, (AKA קליינע אותיות), but very weirdly you state with the most confidence about an open gemara - not a sefer Ikrim or other sifrei Kabalah you're so enthusiastic about- that it's non existent, and not only that, it was a distortion made by nearly all the sifrei Chassidus. ::) ::) ::)

:מו״ק טז
אָמַר אֱלֹהֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל לִי דִבֶּר צוּר יִשְׂרָאֵל מוֹשֵׁל בָּאָדָם צַדִּיק מוֹשֵׁל יִרְאַת אֱלֹהִים״. מַאי קָאָמַר? אָמַר רַבִּי אֲבָהוּ, הָכִי קָאָמַר: אָמַר אֱלֹהֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל, לִי דִבֶּר צוּר יִשְׂרָאֵל, אֲנִי מוֹשֵׁל בָּאָדָם, מִי מוֹשֵׁל בִּי — צַדִּיק, שֶׁאֲנִי גּוֹזֵר גְּזֵרָה וּמְבַטְּלָהּ.

The Tiferes Shlomo is one of the most famous and most learned Sifrei Chassidus out there, but that's just another area where your ignorance and arrogance go hand in hand.
It's arrogant of you to claim that someone isn't a Jew cause they didn't believe in something that you believe is the only interpretation of a Gemara somewhere..you still don't see it do you?

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: March 15, 2023, 01:37:58 AM »
It's arrogant of you to claim that someone isn't a Jew cause they didn't believe in something that you believe is the only interpretation of a Gemara somewhere..you still don't see it do you?

I'm not the mechaber of תפארת שלמה. I can assure you that much, before you take me to court.

Offline Philosophypsych

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 15, 2023, 01:44:20 AM »
You showing me a Gemara like it's a "got you" when it wasn't even the point, Ikkarim are Ikkarim for a reason so I know it's wrong the second you say it even though I didn't remember the Gemara although it's been not too long since I did it with daf yomi, that's how bad my memory is, your sages are my sages, I hold our sages very dearly, and I look at the GREATEST sages first and then later sages...and so yes for someone in the 1700-1800 to say you are not bichllal Yehudi if there isn't a rishon that holds like that I don't consider that authoritative...I apologize if you have an issue with that.

Offline Philosophypsych

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: March 15, 2023, 01:56:49 AM »

I can see why delving too much into Sefiros etc can create difficulties in understanding a Pashut Gemara.
Your asking for it! פשוט פשט?!?! Dyu know that all the sodos of kabbalah are included in Torah shb'al peh, and chazal hid it throughout the אגדות  in ש"ס ... So YES absolutely when you referring to any aggadah don't be so quick to say you have the pashut pshat