Topic Wiki

Shabbos options
La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas RedRock/Summerlin 20 feet away from shul(in the same parking lot!) YI  AISH

chabad suites(only 3 available book early)
http://www.chabadlv.org/templates/articlecco_cdo/aid/1578011/jewish/Chabad-Suites.htm

KOSHER DINING
Adar Pizza
Dairy & Fish Restaurant
Cholov Yisroel
Kosher Supervision: Chabad
***CLOSED***

Hours: Sun - Thurs: 10am - call | Fri: 10am - 3pm | Saturday night 1 hr after Shabbos until....??

Phone: 702-385-0006
Address: 318 West Sahara Ave. Las Vegas, NV (just west of the strip)
Web: www.adarpizza.com   

Burnt Offerings
Fish & Meat Restaurant
Kosher supervision: OU

Hours: Sun - Thu: 4 - 11pm | Fri: 11am - 1:30pm

Phone: 702-848-2876
Address: 3909 W Sahara Ave Suite 10, Las Vegas, NV 89102
Web: www.burntofferings.com

Ace of Steaks - http://aceofsteakslv.com/. They have a persion menu but plenty of steak/ American options.
Haifa Restaurant
Meat Restaurant
Glatt Kosher- Chassidishe Shechita

Hours: Sun - Thurs: 11:30am - 9:30pm | Fri: 10am - 2pm | Sat: 6:30pm - 10:30pm

Phone: 702-940-8000
Address: 855 East Twain Ave. #101, Las Vegas, NV (corner of Twain & Swenson) - As of Oct 2014, they're in the process of moving & may be closed for a couple weeks - call ahead to be safe.
Web: www.haifarestaurant.com   

Jerusalem Grill
Mediterranean Cuisine Meat Restaurant
Chassidishe Shechita
Kosher Supervision:  Chabad

Hours: Sun - Thurs: 11 am -10 pm | Fri: 10am - Sundown

Phone: 702-341-5555
Address: 4825 W. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV (Flamingo & Decatur)
Web: www.jerusalemgrillvegas.com

Kosher Gourmet Restaurant & Bakery
Authentic Mediterranian Cuisine & Healthy Vegetarian Dishes.

Address: 3743 S. Las Vegas Blvd*                            Phone:(702)202-2674

**Located at the Hawaiian Marketplace on the Strip

Panini Cafe

Dairy Restaurant 
Cholov Yisroel

Hours: Sun - Thurs: 10am - 10pm | Fri: 10am - Sundown

Phone: 702-558-6555
Address: 2521 S. Fort Apache Rd. #100, Las Vegas, NV(Fort Apache & Sahara)
Web: www.paninicafelv.com   
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=914.msg1787161#msg1787161

Sababa Grille & Restaurant
Meat Restaurant
Glatt Kosher - Chassidishe Shechita

Hours: Sun - Thurs: 10am - 9pm | Fri: 10am - 3pm

Phone: 702-547-5556
Address: 3220 South Durango Drive, Las Vegas, NV (N.E. corner of Desert Inn Durango)
Web: http://www.sababavegas.com/

Shawarma Vegas
Meat Restaurant
Glatt Kosher

Hours: Sun - Fri: 9am - 9pm

Phone: 702-651-1818
Address: 2521 S. Fort Apache Rd, Las Vegas, NV (Sahara & Fort Apache) #102
Web: www.shawarmavegas.com

Nina's Cafe
Dairy Restaurant
Cholov Yisroel
***CLOSED***

Hours: 9 am - 9 pm
Phone: 702-659-7776
Address: 4825 W. Flamingo Rd. #9 Las Vegas, NV (Flamingo & Decatur)
Web:  www.ninascafelv.com   

Genesis Restaurant
Meat Restaurant
Address:4561 W Flamingo Rd Las Vegas, NV 89103 
Phone: 725-244-4034

Web: http://genesisrestaurantlv.com/

Anis Tapas & Grill
Meat Restaurant
Address:3100 S Durango Dr, Spring Valley, NV 89117
Phone: (702) 586-4088

www.anisetapas.com

KOSHER CATERING
Rafi's Catering
Glatt kosher meals delivered to hotels for Shabbat and weekdays. To order food for Shabbos, you must call at least 24 hours in advance.

Phone: 702-348-8778

KOSHER SUPERMARKETS
Albertson's Market
This is a non-kosher grocery store in Las Vegas with an extensive Kosher section which includes fresh Kosher meat cut twice a week under the supervision of Chabad, Cholov Yisroel Milk and cheese, Pas Yisroel breads, Challahs and cakes.

Phone: 702-242-1138
Address: 2550 S. Fort Apache, Las Vegas, NV (at Sahara and Fort Apache)

Smith's Food and Drug Store
NEW IMPROVED SELECTION! This is a non-kosher grocery store with an extensive Kosher section which includes fresh Kosher meat cut daily, fresh bakery products including jelly donuts baked daily.  We have rotisserie chicken, deli meats, fresh salads, hot soups and a wonderful assortment of wines.  Cholov Yisroel Milk and cheese are also available.  All the breads, cakes and bakery items are pas Yisroel.  The supervision is under Chabad of Southern Nevada. 

Phone: 702-256-5200
Address: 2211 N. Rampart Blvd. Las Vegas, NV

KOSHER SERVICES
Car and Limousine Service
Kosher Services Las Vegas Car & Limousine Service across Las Vegas For all your Kosher needs!! Special service for Jewish clients seeking: Synagogues, Kosher supermarkets, Kosher restaurants and mikvah. We provide a personal and unique service that fits all our customers needs.

Phone: 702-460-9752
Web: www.kosherserviceslv.com  ---WEBSITE IS NOT WORKING AS OF TODAY 3/2/14

Author Topic: Las Vegas Master Thread  (Read 360299 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Las Vegas Master Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2010, 09:54:23 AM »
 If having a private pool is that Important to you then you shouldnt be going to Bryce,Zion or the GC areas. Little to no private homes in those areas especially vacation homes some cabins maybe .But seems Florida or parts of Phoenix is what you need

For Bryce or Zion maybe in St George or the town just North of there in Utah but dont expect to find much in the way of kosher food

For shabbos dont believe any restaurant or Chabad has any meals, so youd need to either buy it all from a restaurant before Shabbos or the Albertsons on the corner of Fort Apache and West Sahara a supermarket in a strip mall, its on the South East corner

I cant believe you actually asked what is there to do in Bryce,Zion or the GC, seems you either saw too many pics others took at them or heard about these places, from that alone it doesnt seem like places you should be heading to,sorry. Go to Disneyland or Legoland instead

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2010, 11:00:51 AM »
http://www.chabadlv.org/
http://www.chabadlv.org/templates/articlecco_cdo/aid/973808/jewish/Minyon-Maker.htm
http://chabadlv.org/media/pdf/164/BJjk1640969.pdf
http://www.chabadlv.org/templates/articlecco_cdo/aid/475153/jewish/About-Chabad-of-Southern-Nevada.htm

are any of them walkable = 1 mile max from a Hotel?

there is a LaQuinta a few feet away from YoungIsrael/Aish haTorah which is a little west from Fort Apache & West Shara

heres another good list of places some not on the Chabad list: http://www.yiaishlv.com/community-links.php?c=54&w=2&r=Y

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2010, 11:13:33 AM »
are any of them walkable = 1 mile max from a Hotel?

there is a LaQuinta a few feet away from YoungIsrael/Aish haTorah which is a little west from Fort Apache & West Shara

heres another good list of places some not on the Chabad list: http://www.yiaishlv.com/community-links.php?c=54&w=2&r=Y

Nope, but would you really want to go to LV and stay in a LaQuinta?  :P

Maybe go down to Phoenix and rent a vacation home near a shul there with a private pool near a shul.

Or if you don't need a minyan for a shabbos consider spending it in the Grand Canyon Nat'l Park, you can hike around the rim without any worry of T'chum due to the lodges that dot the south rim.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2010, 11:32:34 AM »
Nope, but would you really want to go to LV and stay in a LaQuinta?  :P

Maybe go down to Phoenix and rent a vacation home near a shul there with a private pool near a shul.

Or if you don't need a minyan for a shabbos consider spending it in the Grand Canyon Nat'l Park, you can hike around the rim without any worry of T'chum due to the lodges that dot the south rim.

I wouldnt want to stay in a LaQuinta even if an all suite place like the 1 I mentioned, but if someone wants to go to a minyan on Shabbos theres no better choice since in the summer its boiling and Id want to walk the least amount I had to

Be careful with the GC since the Hotels in the park are in 1 area and that wont let you Hike around the Rim, it will allow you to get to the Rim in a limited area, in teh immediate area of the Hotel. Or just stay at the ElTovar which has a great pouch etc etc

But if a shul isnt needed and a person wants to be out West then Sedona,Az is the answer its apx 2-2/12 hrs drive to the GC (South), dont expect anything kosher but a home and pool should be in the cards Sedona = Red Rock country and tons of outdoor activities

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2010, 11:49:43 AM »
The "one area" where the hotels are is not that small.  There are about 8 hotels and lodges that stretch out for a nice amount, plus of course you can walk the tchum area (1-2 miles depending on your LOR) past the hotels on either side.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2010, 12:10:46 PM »
The "one area" where the hotels are is not that small.  There are about 8 hotels and lodges that stretch out for a nice amount, plus of course you can walk the tchum area (1-2 miles depending on your LOR) past the hotels on either side.

1-2 miles Wow is thats Chabads take? I never even heard of 1 mile yet 2, but as you said best to ask ones LOR before hand

there are 8 Lodges including Phatom Ranch on the bottom so thats 7 and 1 of those is the trailer park now 6 left of which 3 are close to 1 another while the others are more like 1/4 - 1/2 mile from the rim see here: http://www.grandcanyonlodges.com/lodging-overview-627788750-411.html

Id say those 3 in the pic which are right by the Rim are the best as I dont really think the tchum is 2 or even 1 mile from the end of the other lodges, but staying at any of those 3 will surely allow 1 to walk up to the Rim even if in a limited area. the main question is how far is Bright Angel Lodge from the last of the 3 and does the tchum go that far, thats walking West walking East if I remember correctly there isnt anything past the lodge thats to the Right of ELTavor, El is the middle Lodge in the pic on the supplied link

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2010, 12:32:55 PM »
1-2 miles was just what a quick google search came up with, like I said ask your LOR.

Here's a map of some of the lodges:
http://www.grandcanyonhotelssouthrim.com/photo/grand_canyon_hotel_map_246.jpg
None of them are a mile apart.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2010, 12:50:11 PM »
1-2 miles was just what a quick google search came up with, like I said ask your LOR.

Here's a map of some of the lodges:
http://www.grandcanyonhotelssouthrim.com/photo/grand_canyon_hotel_map_246.jpg
None of them are a mile apart.

yur map confirms what I posted that 3 are close together nothing East of the most right Lodge in the pic on the home pg of the link I provided .I think Bright Angel is more then 1/4 mile west of the furthest Lodge of the 3. Which brings us back to how far does a tchum go? taht needs to be asked before a person should decide which if any of the Lodges to stay at, was my Pt. also there can be 12 lodges that doesnt mean there will be anything available especially over a weekend in the summer.

Most Park lodges sell out within a week or 2 from when they open the reservations for that coming summer.But cancelations happen from time to time

I know when I used to stay with friends at their colony that since they wasnt any Colony nearby surronded by farms that they showed me where I could walk till on the road and it wasnt far at all  but way less then 1 mile, it was a Yeshivish Colony

Bryce and Zion also have Lodges but not in the #s like the GC. I think its 1 apiece. Zions is in the valley while Bryce is not far from its Rim but dont know the distance so I dont know if its walkable on Shabbos (tchum wise) Yosemite has a few in its valley at Yellowstone theres the Old Faithful Inn right opposite its namesake which is nice if watching a geyser is a persons interest
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 12:54:24 PM by steve2 »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2010, 01:24:35 PM »
yur map confirms what I posted that 3 are close together nothing East of the most right Lodge in the pic on the home pg of the link I provided .I think Bright Angel is more then 1/4 mile west of the furthest Lodge of the 3. Which brings us back to how far does a tchum go? taht needs to be asked before a person should decide which if any of the Lodges to stay at, was my Pt. also there can be 12 lodges that doesnt mean there will be anything available especially over a weekend in the summer.

Most Park lodges sell out within a week or 2 from when they open the reservations for that coming summer.But cancelations happen from time to time

I know when I used to stay with friends at their colony that since they wasnt any Colony nearby surronded by farms that they showed me where I could walk till on the road and it wasnt far at all  but way less then 1 mile, it was a Yeshivish Colony

Bryce and Zion also have Lodges but not in the #s like the GC. I think its 1 apiece. Zions is in the valley while Bryce is not far from its Rim but dont know the distance so I dont know if its walkable on Shabbos (tchum wise) Yosemite has a few in its valley at Yellowstone theres the Old Faithful Inn right opposite its namesake which is nice if watching a geyser is a persons interest
Afaik, Tchum is definitely more than 1/2 mile according to all opinions and I don't think that any of the lodges or cabins are that far from each other.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2010, 06:19:02 PM »

I cant believe you actually asked what is there to do in Bryce,Zion or the GC, seems you either saw too many pics others took at them or heard about these places, from that alone it doesnt seem like places you should be heading to,sorry. Go to Disneyland or Legoland instead

I meant what hikes would you reccomend specifically. I was looking into Angel's Landing and the Narrows at Bryce. I was looking for specific reccomandations for good hikes. I am big into hiking and the outdoors and I was looking for specific reccomendations for things to do. No desire to go to Disney of Legoland, thank you
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2010, 07:11:59 PM »
I meant what hikes would you reccomend specifically. I was looking into Angel's Landing and the Narrows at Bryce. I was looking for specific reccomandations for good hikes. I am big into hiking and the outdoors and I was looking for specific reccomendations for things to do. No desire to go to Disney of Legoland, thank you

In that case ,yes most Definitely do Angels Landing but make sure you go all the way which means following the chains till they end, otherwise you will end up missing the most beutiful part of the Landing an AWESOME view of Zion Valley At my fitness peak Iw as able to do in in an hour now maybe a day :-((( avg is 1 1/2 - 2. Went into the narrows only a very short distance was never properly equiped = it will be very slippy so make sure you have something so you dont slip all over and fall. if U do angels then you dont need to do Observation Pt even thou its higher up AL has a better view IMO theers another turnout that has 3 falls on it its ok an easy hike if we can call it that at all

BTW The Narrows is at Zion and not Bryce last stop on the shuttle. Oh the good ole days when I was able to drive thru with my car :-((

Bryce walk down where Wall St is and make the loop to come back up, the Queens Garden was a nice place to relax awhile before starting the climb up. Do drive the way thru and stop at the turn outs some very nice hoodoos at each. Best time for Great colors is sunset or sunrise otherwise it will be like Vegas during the Day. OK lets put it this way as nice as a woman may look during teh day its at night thats shes dressed to kill and theres a very big difference between teh 2. Vegas at night is alike a woman at night , Bryce by sunrise or sunset is like a woman at night its then that they are at their best. too much sun and the hoodoos look OK but not drop dead beautiful. even better was when Bryce was covered in snow WOW was that something, but didnt hike down too dangerous but teh views WOW

for the GC the Northern Rim is 1000% better then the South Rim alot less typical tourists and more people there for the beauty  and nature = a complete different attitude of those there. you can hike down also but I dont believe theres any mule trains to take you down & up

Now if you are in great shape and really want to test yopurself, forget everything written and head to Yosemite and hike up to Half Dome daven the natz and head out bring a flashlight for the way back.Although it says its at least a 1 night hike, I can 100% tell you if you it can be done in 1 day, its 9 miles each way I think and yes I did it. Now the best part is when you get to the end of the trail and teh last 1/4 mile is ahead of you. Pick out a good pair of fitting gloves and carry on, its not for the Faint of heart or those not in top physical shape. Bring plenty of water and trail mix. If you make it to teh top walk to the end and dangle your feet over the side with a view of Yosemite Valley that will remain with you the rest of your Life and is well worth it!!! Im ASHAMED to admitt I couldnt do it today but Id like very much to go back there and once again dangle my feet over the side and this time go with a working camera

If U still want to hit Utah theres Moab after Bryce continue driving till U hit the I-70 and go east. Moab is AWESOME as well with Arches, Canyon Lnads both parts, Dead Horse state park, the Towers state park, then head south and hit Natural Bridges Park and hike down and walk till you have seen the bridges from below. BTW after Bryce and on the way to Moab you will drive thru do stop! in Capital Reef National Park sone really great hiking in there and before there on your left is 1/2 Creek Falls a long level hike that ends at a very nice Water Falls the parking lot entrance is on the left as the road curves

Im getting Home Sick!!!  yea Ive done my time in the Parks and miss them greatly

If you plan to hit a few do purchase the annual pass at the 1st park you hit, it gives you free admission for all those in your car for 1 y9ok I know who Im talking to so everyone that means theres 1 card issued and every in that 1 car gets in when they are passengers in a car with the driver holding an annual pass, it doesnt mean everyone in the car will get a card (pass))

any other questions???
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 07:23:55 PM by steve2 »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2010, 01:59:07 PM »
Panini Cafe now has cheap GC's!
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/7777

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2010, 12:44:05 AM »
How many days would you reccomend each for bryce, Zion, north rim? Where would you reccomend flying in and out of? I have around 75k miles on american but am also willing to pay for tickets.
Thanks again,
Eli 
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2010, 09:03:02 AM »
 Fly into LV or ONT (which is in Cali and 2 1/2 - 3 hr drive from LV) Best is St George but no way on AA only UA or DL (puddle jumpers from their Hubs).

Time in each is a personal thing and depends where you slept the night before, time you get there, shape your in = time to do the hikes, time you want to simply stop and hang at a Vista pt. No 2 people will have the same timings. But at least a FULL day for each, so if yiou get there at noon you wiont hav e afull day. Also Massive construction to Zion Roads this summer will slowww you down as its opened and closed to allow the traffic from the other direction to pass.

Offline Yoel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Gold Medallion, Premier Platinum
Las Vegas
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2010, 11:31:58 AM »
Anyone can suggest which hotel is nicer in Las Vegas, Encore/Wynn or Venetian?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
Re: Las Vegas
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2010, 11:46:01 AM »
 Dan why didnt you start a Master thread for Vegas ;-)

Yoel Thanks for having started a new thread when there was 1 already started, otherwise DD would be easy to navigate w/o all the needless new thraeds being started

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2010, 12:11:41 PM »
Never stayed at the Venetian, but the Encore is simply awesome!

Offline E

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2010, 12:55:29 PM »
the wncore/wynn is definitely nicer but there are so many nice hotels and some great deals now like
Aria

Venitian

if you go a few pages back on this thread I have a post with tons of link to vegas deals

Offline sl

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2010, 10:59:54 AM »
Anyone have any thoughts on Venetian vs. Palazzo? Same price, just wondering which is nicer.