Author Topic: Early JFK Check-In to Int'l Flight, then going out for pre-flight dinner?  (Read 1141 times)

Offline DTM

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
How much before an International flight (NY JFK to MAD) may one check in luggage?

Delta Airlines Flight leaves JFK at 7:30 pm and arrives 7 hours 45 minutes later, 9:15 am Madrid Time. Thinking of checking in maximum early and then going out (or back home 15-20 minutes away) for dinner. We have Priority Pass for Wingtips Lounge in Terminal 4, but I read that they restrict access after 5 pm, and they do not serve a kosher meal.  We also have KSML dinner available on board but will prefer to sleep through the flight if possible. I will have to pay to park while checking in, but I'm ok with that.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
How much before an International flight (NY JFK to MAD) may one check in luggage?

Flight leaves JFK at 7:30 pm and arrives 7 hours 45 minutes later, 9:15 am Madrid Time. Thinking of checking in maximum early and then going out (or back home 15-20 minutes away) for dinner. We have Priority Pass for Wingtips Lounge in Terminal 4, but I read that they restrict access after 5 pm, and they do not serve a kosher meal.  We also have KSML dinner available on board but will prefer to sleep through the flight if possible. It will have to pay to park while checking in, but I'm ok with that.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?
What airline?
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline DTM

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Delta

Offline yhaller14

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Sixt plat, national ee, united 1k, hertz pc,
"In the end we only regret the chances we didn't take"

Offline shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
4 hours iirc
Seems like a waste of time. You should be ok getting to the airport 2 hrs before the flight and getting rid of the headache of going 2x to the airport.