Author Topic: Chase UR booking tool for hotels - taxes and fees? fully refundable?  (Read 808 times)

Offline DoB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I'm looking at hotel rooms in Europe in the Chase UR booking tool.

First - each listing includes the line, "Taxes and Fees not included." Will the hotel collect this from me in cash? Is there a general guideline of how much I should expect this to run?

Second - even if I'm looking at refundable rooms, the terms always include the line, "Change or cancellation fees may apply." If the listing shows the room as refundable, do I need to be concerned about cancellation fees?

Thanks.

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: Chase UR booking tool for hotels - taxes and fees? fully refundable?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 01:02:09 AM »
I remember being charged ~$8 for my 5 night stay in BCN. Don't know anything about cancelation policy, but I'd assume it's the same as the hotels (don't quote me on that). Also, remember that UR doesn't allow same day bookings.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline nescafe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Chase UR booking tool for hotels - taxes and fees? fully refundable?
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 03:01:43 PM »
I'm looking at hotel rooms in Europe in the Chase UR booking tool.

First - each listing includes the line, "Taxes and Fees not included." Will the hotel collect this from me in cash? Is there a general guideline of how much I should expect this to run?

Second - even if I'm looking at refundable rooms, the terms always include the line, "Change or cancellation fees may apply." If the listing shows the room as refundable, do I need to be concerned about cancellation fees?

Thanks.

May European hotels charge a local city tax. IME, I paid this when checking out of the hotel (even on prepaid stays)