Author Topic: US ESTA program for flying without visa  (Read 795 times)

Offline MoYS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
US ESTA program for flying without visa
« on: March 25, 2018, 12:40:42 PM »
I apologize if this was alread asked i couldnt find it (whenever i searched esta it showed up rESTAraunt :) )
Im flying Norwegian and on the site they require me to sign up for the us visa waiver program called esta even though i am a us citizen and im flying to israel not us, esta is only applicable for those flying to the us so it doesnt make sense to me that i should have to do it but still i am not sure. any help is appreciated. TIA

Offline MeirS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: US ESTA program for flying without visa
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 04:05:00 PM »
I apologize if this was alread asked i couldnt find it (whenever i searched esta it showed up rESTAraunt :) )
Im flying Norwegian and on the site they require me to sign up for the us visa waiver program called esta even though i am a us citizen and im flying to israel not us, esta is only applicable for those flying to the us so it doesnt make sense to me that i should have to do it but still i am not sure. any help is appreciated. TIA
You shouldn't need it. Is there any point which it won't let you proceed? Seems like they put it on for any flight involving the US whether or not you have US citizenship.
I have a similar alert on my NYC-LON flight with them.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: US ESTA program for flying without visa
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 12:06:57 AM »
I took a flight from Tel Aviv stopped over in Stockholm Sweden and then to New York City, had the same thing pop up on my reservation just ignore it means nothing if you are u.s. citizen.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501