Author Topic: Lounge access question at SFO  (Read 790 times)

Offline loveddeals

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Lounge access question at SFO
« on: March 23, 2018, 08:43:05 AM »
Traveling on Cathay Pacific this weekend out of SFO. I have MP Explorer card, and one-time United pass. Can I access the United lounge at SFO using the one-time pass? I might be mistaken, but think I read somewhere that one needs to be flying United to use United lounges with one-pass. Is it true or I am wrong?

I recently signed up for Reserve, but haven't received PP card yet. Chase told me that they will reimburse one RT lounge access charges (only for the primary, no guests). There is a PP lounge at SFO (Air France - KLM Lounge). Should I just use this lounge instead? Which lounge would you recommend (United or this PP lounge).

Thanks.

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Lounge access question at SFO
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 09:33:15 AM »
Traveling on Cathay Pacific this weekend out of SFO. I have MP Explorer card, and one-time United pass. Can I access the United lounge at SFO using the one-time pass? I might be mistaken, but think I read somewhere that one needs to be flying United to use United lounges with one-pass. Is it true or I am wrong?

I recently signed up for Reserve, but haven't received PP card yet. Chase told me that they will reimburse one RT lounge access charges (only for the primary, no guests). There is a PP lounge at SFO (Air France - KLM Lounge). Should I just use this lounge instead? Which lounge would you recommend (United or this PP lounge).

Thanks.
IINM you don't need to fly united to use the one time pass.
You can pay for entry at a PP lounge with the CSR and Chase will refund the charge twice each year, you can pay for guests as well but make sure its only one charge for all people.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 09:34:46 AM »
I believe there is also an Amex lounge if you have a plat card
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline loveddeals

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 09:49:44 AM »
Thanks for the replies. Just called PP, and got digital card. Think I am all set with PP access now.