Author Topic: Priceline car rental - no vehicles available  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Ploni3

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Priceline car rental - no vehicles available
« on: March 30, 2018, 06:39:03 AM »
Hi. I had reserved a van at Dollar via Priceline (pay at the counter) but when I showed up to get it yesterday they told me that they were  out of vehicles entirely for at least the next four hours. After twenty minutes of arguing with the agent and Priceline - and a quick online search showing no suitable alternatives that I could immediately secure, my family's schedule left me no choice but to start ubering everywhere. Of course, I racked up a couple hundred dollars in uber fees, in excess of what the van would have coated, by the end of the day.  Does anyone think that I have any recourse?

Offline Mo2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Priceline car rental - no vehicles available
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 01:03:50 PM »
Hi. I had reserved a van at Dollar via Priceline (pay at the counter) but when I showed up to get it yesterday they told me that they were  out of vehicles entirely for at least the next four hours. After twenty minutes of arguing with the agent and Priceline - and a quick online search showing no suitable alternatives that I could immediately secure, my family's schedule left me no choice but to start ubering everywhere. Of course, I racked up a couple hundred dollars in uber fees, in excess of what the van would have coated, by the end of the day.  Does anyone think that I have any recourse?
that sucks for you. Unfortunately I dont think so. Perhaps if your reservation was prepaid but even then prob not
Common sense is not a gift, it is a punishment.
Because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

Offline Essen est zich

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 01:20:14 PM »
That's why whenever I travel i make multiple car rental reservations with different companies in case something would go wrong. It doesn't hurt and nothing happened if you don't show up.
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 03:21:54 PM »
That's why whenever I travel i make multiple car rental reservations with different companies in case something would go wrong. It doesn't hurt and nothing happened if you don't show up.
You make multiple car reservations every time you rent a car?

I've made more then 1 reservation when there was reason to believe that I wouldn't get the vehicle (corporate codes etc )

Offline Essen est zich

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 04:24:18 PM »
Only when I go to unfamiliar locations where I would not know what to expect.

@Ploni3 for the future I would recommend that whenever renting any car bigger than a full size to always call 4-5 hours ahead of time to guarantee the car is available. I know that when renting a van (specifically) from hertz they guarantee the vehicle to be ready and will charge for a no-show.
Shloffen Shloft Zich