Author Topic: Master Thread of Discussion on Marriott / SPG Merger  (Read 181331 times)

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Master Thread of Discussion on Marriott / SPG Merger
« Reply #680 on: September 06, 2018, 01:42:44 AM »
That is what confused me, I was this year Marriott Gold from Marriott stays not from SPG gold , previous year was Platinum.
Same thing.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 06, 2018, 09:55:59 AM »
Of course not, he obviously was confused, not that I blame him, MT continues to be a mess. If true at all, it's probably referring to people who got it through SPG gold.
So people who got it through SPG gold are supposed to be Platinum? I thought Gold?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #682 on: September 06, 2018, 10:35:20 AM »

Just had 10 lifetime nights clawed back.

Did yours go down too?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 06, 2018, 10:37:50 AM »

Did yours go down too?
My account was just adjusted to reflect the actual YTD amount, it was wrong from the 18.
They initially had it @ 68 and they just changed it to 72.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 06, 2018, 10:38:57 AM »
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 06, 2018, 10:40:11 AM »

Did yours go down too?
Mine, too! But I think it was from earlier this year that they never clawed back... My points balance jumped by 50k points, too for some reason. Not sure why. Nothing in account activity. I wish they kept the SPG ratio. I hate that everything is times 3 now. Makes it more confusing to keep track.

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #686 on: September 06, 2018, 10:41:01 AM »

Did yours go down too?
I lost 50

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #687 on: September 06, 2018, 10:43:47 AM »
Mine, too! But I think it was from earlier this year that they never clawed back... My points balance jumped by 50k points, too for some reason. Not sure why. Nothing in account activity. I wish they kept the SPG ratio. I hate that everything is times 3 now. Makes it more confusing to keep track.
How many?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 06, 2018, 10:43:58 AM »

Offline yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 06, 2018, 10:50:14 AM »
How many?
I'm not sure. I have 46 now, I think it said 56 before. But it may have been 52. I don't have a screenshot.... I checked... My points balance increased by about 10-15,000. I don't remember exactly how much it was before..

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #690 on: September 06, 2018, 10:59:43 AM »

Offline yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 06, 2018, 11:02:55 AM »
Probably just an IT error.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 06, 2018, 11:05:33 AM »
Probably just an IT error.
The previous number or the new number :P

Offline yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 06, 2018, 11:15:12 AM »
The previous number or the new number :P
I don't even know, that's how confusing this whole merger is.

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 06, 2018, 11:15:26 AM »
Quote from: lucky
I do wonder if this was their plan all along, or if they now feel that they have too many lifetime elite members, and they were looking for ways to decrease those numbers.
That would be insane. But I don't put it past them
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Wizmanison

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 06, 2018, 05:59:15 PM »
DP for who ever this would help: I spent the 75k for Plat on Ritz by July 5th. Status never changed even after 8 weeks and no matter how many times I called Chase or Marriott they kept on blaming the other and it would lead to nothing. A couple day ago I had enough of it and called Chase one more time and kept on pushing and pushing till they agreed to call Marriott and sort it out while I was on the line. They did just that but only was able to upgrade me to Platinum Elite. I told them since I met the spend before the merger I should be getting Platinum Preferred Elite and they said they will start a case as all she can do is upgrade at most to Plat Elite. Took a couple days and following up and some arguing but finally have Platinum Preferred Elite!

How this helps you is that if you at one point during the Merger you were Plat elite, even if it was just for a day, and then revered to Gold elite call in and ask to be transferred to the appropriate department that handles status upgrades and downgrades and tell them it was a glitch that downgraded you and you'd like to request an upgrade up to Plat Elite. I was Plat Elite for that one day during Aug 18 and she was able to see that and claim that she does not know why they downgraded it but she can easily upgrade it... Good luck and as always HUCA

Offline yakrot

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 06, 2018, 06:17:47 PM »
DP for who ever this would help: I spent the 75k for Plat on Ritz by July 5th. Status never changed even after 8 weeks and no matter how many times I called Chase or Marriott they kept on blaming the other and it would lead to nothing. A couple day ago I had enough of it and called Chase one more time and kept on pushing and pushing till they agreed to call Marriott and sort it out while I was on the line. They did just that but only was able to upgrade me to Platinum Elite. I told them since I met the spend before the merger I should be getting Platinum Preferred Elite and they said they will start a case as all she can do is upgrade at most to Plat Elite. Took a couple days and following up and some arguing but finally have Platinum Preferred Elite!

How this helps you is that if you at one point during the Merger you were Plat elite, even if it was just for a day, and then revered to Gold elite call in and ask to be transferred to the appropriate department that handles status upgrades and downgrades and tell them it was a glitch that downgraded you and you'd like to request an upgrade up to Plat Elite. I was Plat Elite for that one day during Aug 18 and she was able to see that and claim that she does not know why they downgraded it but she can easily upgrade it... Good luck and as always HUCA
This might help me as I spent 10k on my ritz to get gold elite prior to the merger. Was hoping it would upgrade to platinum it did not. When I called I was told that the spend earned from spending on my ritz will not help to upgrade me even after the switch over. They claim if my gold elite was earned from spend on the ritz I remain gold elite after

Offline zagguru

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 06, 2018, 09:07:27 PM »

What number did you call?

Offline KSMH

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 06, 2018, 09:08:44 PM »
Did any one have any luck attaching a Tier 4-5 Cert to a Cat 7  SPG property?
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline shulem92

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 06, 2018, 09:10:07 PM »
This might help me as I spent 10k on my ritz to get gold elite prior to the merger. Was hoping it would upgrade to platinum it did not. When I called I was told that the spend earned from spending on my ritz will not help to upgrade me even after the switch over. They claim if my gold elite was earned from spend on the ritz I remain gold elite after
i got plat elite, and the only reason i can think of was because i spent 10k on ritz last year