Author Topic: Global Entry  (Read 164653 times)

Offline sddd

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Global Entry
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2018, 05:34:04 PM »
Applied 9/5
Approved 9/13

and how long is avail. for app't.s

Offline outinstyle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2018, 05:36:30 PM »
I reserved Friday for today. Calendar is wide open

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2018, 03:08:54 AM »
and how long is avail. for app't.s
Basically once you get an conditionally approved application meaning you can apply today you won't get conditionally approved till a week later then from that date you get a conditionally approved status you have 365 days to go and take your interview.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2018, 03:11:20 AM »
Anyone familiar with Nexus meaning I have a conditionally approved application for global entry and I'm going to take the interview in Pearson International Airport that's in Canada for the same price I can go and apply for Nexus or they will only allow me to apply for Global Entry?
Meaning even if they want another $50 which I'll pay will they allow me to take the interview for Nexus vs. Global Entry?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2018, 03:43:00 AM »
Seems like it's only $38 when applying through the Canadian website for nexus.

What is NEXUS?
NEXUS is a bilateral program governed by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).

The NEXUS program allows pre-screened travelers expedited processing when entering the United States and Canada. Program members use dedicated processing lanes at designated northern border ports of entry, NEXUS kiosks when entering Canada by air, and Global Entry Kiosks when entering the United States via Canadian Preclearance airports. NEXUS members also receive expedited processing at marine reporting locations.

Travelers interested in participating in NEXUS must complete an application through the TTP website. You can apply online or by mailing/faxing the application to the Canadian Customs Processing Center (CPC). Please see the CBSA website for a list of regional CPCs, mailing addresses, and fax numbers.

To qualify, an applicant must pass law enforcement checks by both the United Sates and Canada and be interviewed at a NEXUS Enrollment Center. Membership may be denied if the applicant provides false or incomplete information or has been convicted of a criminal offense.

Payment must be made at the time of application. Applicants are encouraged to apply online as paper applications will be phased out. The processing fee for a five-year membership is $50 USD or $50 CAD (for applicants 18 years of age and older). Children under 18 can apply with no fee. Applicants who submit their application via the U.S. CBP TTP website will pay $50 USD while applicants who submit via the Canadian GEC website will pay $50 CAD. Canadian-based applicants who apply through US CBP TTP might be charged more or less than $50 Canadian, because of fluctuating exchange rates. Likewise, U.S.-based applicants who apply through Canadian GEC may pay more or less than $50 USD because of fluctuating exchange rates. There may also be a finance charge for foreign transactions.

If you submitted an application through CBSA, then you will need to create a TTP online account and link it to the PASSID (which is your membership number, not your passport number) to be able to schedule an interview and activate your card.

And under 18 is free.

Offline an613

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2018, 09:51:39 PM »
   What I really wanted was to get Nexus as I go constantly from the u.s. to Canada but being that in YYZ there is no availability for an appointment up untill Oct 16th, I tried in the past walking up today agent asked him if I can take an interview he told me I have to book it in advance online so that takes care of that, I guess we'll have to do with GE until I can get Nexus, and lastly find a seller for 15$ to get the ge application fee, or find a freind of mine who has an au who never made use of the credit yet.

i had the same issue. People cancel all the time but unless you're constantly refreshing the page, you'll never get the dates you want because the way the website works is that the next person who signs up will automatically see the first available slot, which is the cancelled one.

Instead of checking myself all day, I wrote a program that checks every 2 minutes and texts me when a slot on a specific day opened up. Once i set it up, took less than a week and I was able to get interviews at YYZ for both wife and son on the day I wanted, within 30 minutes of each other.

PM me if you have specific dates in mind and want me to set it up to alert you.

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2018, 11:04:44 PM »
i had the same issue. People cancel all the time but unless you're constantly refreshing the page, you'll never get the dates you want because the way the website works is that the next person who signs up will automatically see the first available slot, which is the cancelled one.

Instead of checking myself all day, I wrote a program that checks every 2 minutes and texts me when a slot on a specific day opened up. Once i set it up, took less than a week and I was able to get interviews at YYZ for both wife and son on the day I wanted, within 30 minutes of each other.

Very nice. Wish I knew how to write programs. :)
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2018, 11:13:59 PM »

That's kind of you offering to help.
 But believe it or not I found an open slot for today the 26th at 10:30am.
  I applied for GE vs Nexus on erev Y"K as the slots for the nexus enrollment center(In YYZ) was backed up till October 16th, having something(GE) is better then nothing as I'm only in Toronto for Y"T.
 Little did i know I would not be conditionally approved until a day before Suckos so flying out of jfk for a few dollars more was a bust vs lga for $99, hoping I would be conditionally approved and take the interview @jfk, but being that all that went south I looked periodically at the nexus enrollment center availibilty to see if anything opened and to my surprise I saw before yt that today morning was available, so took the 10:30am appointment and came at 11am and was in and out within 5 minutes, the whole interview is to be fingerprinted.
 Was a bust that I didnt apply for nexus if I was already going to yyz for the interview,the officers were also surprised why book an appointment for GE and pay $100 while Nexus includes the whole shebang for $50..
Ah gitten moed.

And yes was approved for GE,now it's time to sign the family up for Nexus.(Under 18 is free)

Offline Josef.koney

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2018, 12:48:43 PM »
Oops!  Would love some advice... I charged global entry to a card 2 months ago , but didn't realize I already used that card a year ago... Now the credit won't apply... Any ideas? 

Offline outinstyle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2018, 12:50:53 PM »
Made same mistake. AMEX wouldn't credit.

Offline oldguy

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2018, 04:14:17 PM »
Just to add a DP, I lost my GE a little over 2 years ago, because i was caught in EWR with checks and cash totaling more than $10k. juat today I tried my luck to see if I would get approved with TSA Pre and BH I was! I was told that i lost my GE forever. at least now i have TSA Pre!

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2018, 05:25:43 PM »
Just to add a DP, I lost my GE a little over 2 years ago, because i was caught in EWR with checks and cash totaling more than $10k. juat today I tried my luck to see if I would get approved with TSA Pre and BH I was! I was told that i lost my GE forever. at least now i have TSA Pre!
Do they consider checks part of the $10k limit? I thought it was $10 cash, but looks like I am wrong. Also is it $10k per person if you are travelling with family?

Offline ABC

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2018, 05:34:37 PM »
With the new mobile passport app, why are people still busy with GE?

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2018, 06:13:31 PM »
Would you please explain or link to--the new mobile passport app benefits?

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2018, 06:14:56 PM »
Would you please explain or link to--the new mobile passport app benefits?
Is it this?  https://mobilepassport.us/

Offline oldguy

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2018, 02:35:56 PM »
Do they consider checks part of the $10k limit? I thought it was $10 cash, but looks like I am wrong. Also is it $10k per person if you are travelling with family?
They did, They told me if its endorsed in the back, then its counted. For some reason I had 2 checks totaling over $5k that i wanted to deposit a few days before, Just there was too of a long line at the ATM in the only Chase back in the Catskill neighborhood... That's called Bashert...
t's $10 per family or any group of people flying together.

Offline US

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2018, 03:28:29 PM »
Because GE is quicker.
was yesterday in EWR mobile passport had longer waiting the regular line, and GE Kiosk there was no waiting.

Offline ushdadude

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2018, 03:47:00 PM »
Because GE is quicker.
was yesterday in EWR mobile passport had longer waiting the regular line, and GE Kiosk there was no waiting.
i've had opposite experience. I guess it's good to have both

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2018, 04:36:49 PM »
They did, They told me if its endorsed in the back, then its counted. For some reason I had 2 checks totaling over $5k that i wanted to deposit a few days before, Just there was too of a long line at the ATM in the only Chase back in the Catskill neighborhood... That's called Bashert...
t's $10 per family or any group of people flying together.
Thank you for the clarification.

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2018, 04:38:37 PM »
i've had opposite experience. I guess it's good to have both
This is what I plan to do, having both will give better choices.