Author Topic: Credit Card and Preapprval letter for buying a house  (Read 1047 times)

Offline wasuz

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Credit Card and Preapprval letter for buying a house
« on: May 03, 2018, 02:13:18 PM »
Hi All,

I just had a company do a pull on my credit score to get me a pre approval letter for a house purchase. If I apply to a chase business credit card today, will this be counted as another pull on my credit score or a total of one since the pull happened on the same day?

Thanks

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: Credit Card and Preapprval letter for buying a house
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 02:16:39 PM »
Hi All,

I just had a company do a pull on my credit score to get me a pre approval letter for a house purchase. If I apply to a chase business credit card today, will this be counted as another pull on my credit score or a total of one since the pull happened on the same day?

Thanks
No need for a new thread. Yes it will be. Also, they typically do a soft pull later on in the process, and I can't say for certain, but this may impact your rate later.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 08:39:16 AM »
Hi All,

Thanks
1. It will be a desperate pull as it's a different product and likely a different bank.
2. When you go to contract your lender will hard  again to ensure you haven't had major changes In your credit, so yes it will impact your report. Question is how much.
3.there are at least 2 existing threads discussing credit reports and scores.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline mgarfin

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 12:43:59 PM »
1. It will be a desperate pull as it's a different product and likely a different bank.
2. When you go to contract your lender will hard  again to ensure you haven't had major changes In your credit, so yes it will impact your report. Question is how much.
3.there are at least 2 existing threads discussing credit reports and scores.

Also, take into account that the new home lender may want to know the purpose of this pull.

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 12:47:06 PM »
Also, take into account that the new home lender may want to know the purpose of this pull.
That's the key. Another r hard pull. Will have minimal impact on score. It's the reason for it that is questioned.
Once we decided we were buying in a year or 2 we stopped cc apps in large part. After pre approval I stopped completely.
The 150k point bonus at the absolute highest isn't worth losing even a tenth of a point on ur interest.
I missed the csr sign up for me and wife because we were looking for house and then under contract. Not worth it at all imho
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!