SheyanRambanAsianAgudat Yisrael
SkylineJerusalem Gardens HotelUpscale MeatRabbanut Mehadrin
The Spaghetti'sMamilla mallDairyRabbanut Mehadrin
Sushi Garden YirmiyahuSushiChasam Sofer BBMoishebatchy
SosumiIbn ShaprutSushiRabanut Mehadrin
Uzi's FalafelYishayahuFalafelEida Chareidis
Waffle BarParanDairyRubinMoishebatchy
Waffle BarBeit HadfusDairyRubin
**           **                  **                  **                **       

Tel Aviv/Center
http://www.israelkosherdining.com/kosher-mehadrin-restaurants-tel-aviv/
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ska-Q-LN5Vg_HUE_zEvRKotxvJgC72GX&usp=sharing
NameLocationTypeHechsherReview
Cinnabon Permanently closed          Rabin Square, Tel Aviv       Bakery              Rabbanut           Moishebatchy

Tiberias and Northern Region

Eilat and Southern Region

Bene Braq

Halo Teiman           Entrance to BB    Shwarma+   Machpud 4/5 Not too expensive amazing shwarma
Not Sure Rabbi Akiva Street Shwarma and Falafel Landau 3.5/5 Not too expensive. Ok food

Haifa Region
by ProIsrael
Achla           **                  **                  Rabanut 5/5 Not too expensive amazing salads and best Pargiot I have ever had. It is a nice place to come with your family as well as a semi romantic location. with on request mehadrin meat
Atika           **                  **                  Mehadrin                4/5 Pre Fixe menu. Fantastic food not a lot to choose from though
Japan Japan Sushi            *                  *                  Mehadrin Last time I ate there                3.5/5 Chinese/Japan food 3.5/5 there are always Groupons for this place.       
Shaleh Milchig place           Kiryat Motzkin                  *                  *                great for breakfast or lunch sit down type place Badats Agudas Yisroel       
Cafe Gregg           Kiryat Ata and a location in the main mall Lev Hamifratz                  *                  just be careful as one is treif in the mall and the other mehadrin                *       
Habima           Kiryat Ata                  *                  *                Sushi Food is 4/5       
Mommas Schnitzel           Kiryat Shmuel                  *                  Mehadrin                4/5 Good fast service         
Pizza Plus          Kiryat Shmuel                              *                  Mehadrin                *       
  Pizza Kiryat Yam          Kiryat Yam                  **                  **                Mehadrin       
Gilato Cafe          Kiryat Shmuel                             **                  Badatz                **       

Many restaurants have 10% coupons on eLuna.com.

« Last edited by Moshe Green on May 23, 2022, 05:48:21 AM »

Author Topic: Restaurants In Israel Master Thread  (Read 187688 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Restaurants In Israel Master Thread
« Reply #1100 on: June 14, 2023, 04:29:51 AM »
1 generally most heimush places in the US don't have tmidi eitherway
In Jerusalem mehadrin (at least for dairy) you do not need tmidi only at least 1 fully שומר שבת  person who will close ovens etc
2 this is somewhat true (again everywhere) but when it means is that often they will take into account what the product in question is how complicated it is to produce what in contains versus a blanket yes or no based on who supervised the product
3 in Jerusalem there are only about 3 distributors who deal with mehadrin produce
Generally the mehadrin list is almost the exact list of rav efrati and rav rubin as such if the delivery was mehadrin you are not relying on the mashgiach to do anything with trumah and masros
Wasn't asked but in Jerusalem almost all leaves are greenhouse (even in many rabanut stam places) so that is not a major issue
once again I am not advocating for them just explaining their standards and the logic of why people rely on them
AFAIK Rabbanut requires greenhouse leaves nationwide
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1101 on: June 14, 2023, 08:31:03 AM »
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: June 14, 2023, 09:06:07 AM »
AFAIK Rabbanut requires greenhouse leaves nationwide
that is true.
This is an area where even regular Rabbanut is far stricter than most American hashgachos, at least on policy. Oversight of said policy is a completely different situation.

Offline davidd75

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: June 14, 2023, 09:34:01 AM »
1 generally most heimush places in the US don't have tmidi eitherway
In Jerusalem mehadrin (at least for dairy) you do not need tmidi only at least 1 fully שומר שבת  person who will close ovens etc
2 this is somewhat true (again everywhere) but when it means is that often they will take into account what the product in question is how complicated it is to produce what in contains versus a blanket yes or no based on who supervised the product
3 in Jerusalem there are only about 3 distributors who deal with mehadrin produce
Generally the mehadrin list is almost the exact list of rav efrati and rav rubin as such if the delivery was mehadrin you are not relying on the mashgiach to do anything with trumah and masros
Wasn't asked but in Jerusalem almost all leaves are greenhouse (even in many rabanut stam places) so that is not a major issue
once again I am not advocating for them just explaining their standards and the logic of why people rely on them

from what I gather from what you are saying that these issues are prevalent in the US as well so again then what is the issue for Jerusalem Rabbanut Mehadrin(milchig restuarants) if one relies on OU and stark K in the US etc...?

why is it on the bottom of the totem pole on these lists posted here? 

Offline SHL

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: June 14, 2023, 09:55:32 AM »
from what I gather from what you are saying that these issues are prevalent in the US as well so again then what is the issue for Jerusalem Rabbanut Mehadrin(milchig restuarants) if one relies on OU and stark K in the US etc...?

There are certain individual items that the rabanut may consider simple and allow as such while others hold it isn't as simple (example canned goods from different countries)
Not to get controversial but there is often a financial incentive for a private hechsher to not recommend another
Additionally some people do not understand that different cities have different standards and lump all together
Remember just because Jerusalem mehadrin has one standard doesn't me ashdod etc has the same
I will also remind that non recommended does not mean not kosher I can state for a fact that when certain private supervising services come into a Jerusalem mehadrin facility not only don't they kashera but they even allow existing product to be used (as long as it doesn't contain specific products they have an issue with)

Offline SHL

• View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: June 14, 2023, 09:56:44 AM »
I honestly do not know

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1106 on: June 14, 2023, 10:00:10 AM »

I don't have any information, but it could be because

Oversight of said policy is a completely different situation.

I can state for a fact that when certain private supervising services come into a Jerusalem mehadrin facility not only don't they kashera but they even allow existing product to be used (as long as it doesn't contain specific products they have an issue with)
As a blanket rule or for individual locations?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: June 14, 2023, 10:27:43 AM »

It's a combination of virtue signaling and ignorance, which can thrive when there are enough other options. Very few people don't eat Rabbanut Mehadrin dairy based on real knowledge, and they wouldn't eat OU either
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline SHL

• View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: June 14, 2023, 11:22:32 AM »
As a blanket rule or for individual locations?
At least 1 as a blanket rule

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: June 14, 2023, 11:46:48 AM »
What I have noticed though is that a lot of times the Jerusalem Rabbanut Mehadrin locations tend to be in more relatively chioni areas and the restaurant staff may be entirely chiloni?
In addition the modesty of the restaurant staff(waittresses) may be totally inappropriate (IMHO way more inappropriate than US restaurants).  The modesty of restaurants with the "top" hashgachas (badatz, rubin, landeau) would never allow such an environment.

May that be the underlying apprehension for some and not any real kashrus concerns?

Offline shaulyaakov

• View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: June 15, 2023, 11:05:16 AM »
The non glatt thing gets complicated.

Do American Ashkenazi Jews have a chumra to not eat non glatt, or is it Minhag hamakom? Kasharus regilah in much of Europe is also non glatt.

Is Israeli non glatt the same as US "glatt"? Many in the know say the glatt standards in the US have been so watered down to keep up with the demand of glatt meat.g

Does any of this matter for chicken?

Offline SHL

• View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: June 15, 2023, 11:35:34 AM »
The non glatt thing gets complicated.

Do American Ashkenazi Jews have a chumra to not eat non glatt, or is it Minhag hamakom? Kasharus regilah in much of Europe is also non glatt.

Is Israeli non glatt the same as US "glatt"? Many in the know say the glatt standards in the US have been so watered down to keep up with the demand of glatt meat.g

Does any of this matter for chicken?
Glatt in the definition itself does not apply to chicken (it means smooth and refers to the lungs) however it does represent a standard that applies also to chicken
As a general rule ירושלים מהדרין is always "glatt" and from a rabanut mehadrin shchita (which usually has other certifications but must have rabanut mehadrin) unrelated I have seen accepted US hashgochos use animals that the rabanut said we're kosher but not good enough for mehadrin
(The idea of meuhedet was partially due to this and allows glatt meat not from their shchitas)

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: June 15, 2023, 12:38:14 PM »
It's a combination of virtue signaling and ignorance, which can thrive when there are enough other options. Very few people don't eat Rabbanut Mehadrin dairy based on real knowledge, and they wouldn't eat OU either

so what about these lists then that put Jerusalem Rabbanut mehadrin as a very sub-par hashgacha, I's assuming who ever complied these lists put in time and research?

also I have heard others say that Jer rabbanut mehadrin cannot be relied on for trumos and massros etc...

I wish once and for all we had a reliable list based on the real facts and details as to the standards of each Hasgacha  etc....

I know wishful thinking

Offline SHL

• View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: June 15, 2023, 01:14:58 PM »
so what about these lists then that put Jerusalem Rabbanut mehadrin as a very sub-par hashgacha, I's assuming who ever complied these lists put in time and research?
Not to get personal many of those people are the ones with agendas
They work for competition etc
also I have heard others say that Jer rabbanut mehadrin cannot be relied on for trumos and massros etc...
As a general rule mashgichim do not take their own
They buy pre trumaad and maisered (mostly efrati and rubin but rarely others)

Offline mevinyavin

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #1114 on: June 18, 2023, 09:02:23 AM »
@ad120
Does @yfr bachur or anyone else here know what the hechsher is of Aroma at Hebrew U-Mount Scopus?
The one at the kotel is petach tikvah I am wondering if it is the same. I tried calling but no answer.
Got an answer today.
היי מבין צהריים טובים

תודה שכתבת לנו

הסניף אינו כשר ופתוח בשבת

המשך יום נפלא :)

בברכה,

טל.
ארומה ישראל
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline Shirabira

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: June 22, 2023, 08:41:16 PM »
Does anyone have Kashrus info on Herods Dead Sea hotel?  Or info on Mehadrin restaurants nearby ?
Is Arad close enough to travel to and does anyone have names of dairy/meat Mehadrin places?
Thanks!

Offline ABC

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: June 23, 2023, 09:37:59 AM »
Does anyone have Kashrus info on Herods Dead Sea hotel?  Or info on Mehadrin restaurants nearby ?
Is Arad close enough to travel to and does anyone have names of dairy/meat Mehadrin places?
Thanks!

Cafe Greg is kosher.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/sdRyKNJek5cXAgPZ6?g_st=ic

Offline Spoon

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: June 23, 2023, 10:06:57 AM »
Cafe Greg is kosher.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/sdRyKNJek5cXAgPZ6?g_st=ic

Also cafe cafe and katzefet.

I don't think there's much in Arad.Pizza and bakeries iirc. There's also a mehadrin hotel that may have meals.

You may find more info in the Dead Sea thread

Offline Shirabira

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: June 23, 2023, 06:40:21 PM »
Thanks. Is the Cafe Cafe still open? Heard it may have closed in Covid.

Offline ad120

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: June 23, 2023, 07:02:57 PM »
@ad120 Got an answer today.
היי מבין צהריים טובים

תודה שכתבת לנו

הסניף אינו כשר ופתוח בשבת

המשך יום נפלא :)

בברכה,