Author Topic: Visible (Verizon) cell phone service  (Read 28811 times)

Offline JudahMcB

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Visible cell phone service ($40 unlimited)
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2020, 12:17:04 AM »
Anyone with recent experience on this carrier?

I have 4 lines with Visible since early December. Porting was an adventure - 2 lines went smoothly, 2 didn't. One line took about 36hrs of no service until it was resolved. Another was not working for about 6hrs. The other 2 ported without issue in about 5 minutes. Once ported however the service is fine. Just hope that you never have to use support because it's chat/Facebook/Twitter support only. No phone number to call.  I had Verizon Wireless for ~15 years and never called support unless it was to find ways to lower my monthly bill so I'm not missing anything.

Coverage in and around Manhattan, Queens, LI, Northern NJ, Orlando, Miami and Boca is the same as Verizon. I've never noticed any throttling and average about 30-35Mbps down/5-12Mbps up. When I signed up they offered "no throttling for life" as long as I remain a customer. Note that Visible doesn't support 3G so if you find yourself in areas where you drop to 3G often, don't switch. Verizon is shutting down their 3G network at the end of 2020 for all customers anyway so this isn't a great loss for me.

I haven't had an issue with dropped calls except for known Verizon "dead zones" that were an issue before I switched. Haven't spent enough time outside the areas I listed above since switching so can't comment on extended coverage yet.

Party Pay which discounts you from $40/month to $25/month is annoying if you are coming from a family plan because it requires that each line has a unique account with a dedicated email address and it's own billing info. If you change your CC for example you have to do it for all 4 accounts. Luckily they don't block the Gmail "+" trick like some other sites do. If you have fewer than 4 lines you can find some randos on Reddit and join their party to get the discount. They don't see any of your info except first name and last 4 digits of your phone #.

If your not grandfathered into an older unlimited plan, $25/mo (with Party Pay) for unlimited on Verizon towers with unlimited hotspot (no throttle but only 1 device at a time) and wifi calling support is as good a deal as you'll find.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 12:35:45 AM by JudahMcB »

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2020, 12:22:23 AM »
I have 4 lines with Visible since early December. Porting was an adventure - 2 lines went smoothly, 2 didn't. One line took about 36hrs of no service until it was resolved. Another was not working for about 6hrs. The other 2 ported without issue in about 5 minutes. Once ported however the service is fine. Just hope that you never have to use support because it's chat/Facebook/Twitter support only. No phone number to call.  I had Verizon Wireless for ~15 years and never called support unless it was to find ways to lower my monthly bill so I'm not missing anything.

Coverage in and around Manhattan, Queens, LI and Northern NJ is the same as Verizon. I've never noticed any throttling and average about 30-35Mbps down/5-12Mbps up. When I signed up they offered "no throttling for life" as long as I remain a customer. Note that Visible doesn't support 3G so if you find yourself in areas where you drop to 3G often, don't switch. Verizon is shutting down their 3G network at the end of 2020 for all customers anyway so this isn't a great loss for me.

I haven't had an issue with dropped calls except for known Verizon "dead zones" that were an issue before I switched. Haven't spent enough time outside the NY Metro area since switching so can't comment on extended coverage yet.

Party Pay which discounts you from $40/month to $25/month is annoying if you are coming from a family plan because it requires that each line has a unique account with a dedicated email address and it's own billing info. If you change your CC for example you have to do it for all 4 accounts. Luckily they don't block the Gmail "+" trick like some other sites do. If you have fewer than 4 lines you can find some randos on Reddit and join their party to get the discount. They don't see any of your info except first name and last 4 digits of your phone #.

If your not grandfathered into an older unlimited plan, $25/mo (with Party Pay) for unlimited on Verizon towers with unlimited hotspot (no throttle but only 1 device at a time) and wifi calling support is as good a deal as you'll find.
Thank you very much! Going to browser to hit like! Any of your plan constituents use the service in lakewood?
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline JudahMcB

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2020, 12:25:03 AM »
Any of your plan constituents use the service in lakewood?
No

Offline Definitions

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2020, 02:33:22 AM »
Thank you very much! Going to browser to hit like! Any of your plan constituents use the service in lakewood?
I just got a phone with service yesterday for a family member. I haven't had a chance to find out how it's going so far.

First thing I did was do a speed test. Download speeds were around 4 mbps. That's the only test I did. Obviously area matters
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline Definitions

• View Profile
Re: New Verizon NVMO -Invite code
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2020, 01:45:48 AM »
Don't want to start a new thread.

I've had Visible for roughly a week. So far I'm very happy with it.

I used it only in Lakewood/Jackson. Calls are clear, data speeds are very good (at least compared to what I'm used to), and coverage is good. Lowest speed test (download) I've had was around 5 mbps, highest was 41mbps in Jackson area and around 29 in Lakewood. Obviously it depends on exact location and time.

The average speed for me I'd estimate was around 15mbps.

The main thing I was worried about before signing up was customer support (especially since I was porting in a number). Customer support wait time was surprisingly quick when I had an issue. I was always first in line by the chat feature. Before signing up I remember rarely being below 20 in line. Either they got more reps or customers have priority.

Some things to note. My phone supports LTE+ which can I guess boost the speeds. Also I signed up now when they say they took off the speed cap for a limited time.

Offline Definitions

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2020, 01:46:10 AM »
Throttled speed capped at 5MBPS.
I believe that's only for the hotspot feature

Offline Yisroel Tech

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2020, 01:49:59 AM »
Wanna make a party?

Offline Definitions

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2020, 02:16:59 AM »
Wanna make a party?
I made one for my family. There's two spots left that I think I will fill with my family. Maybe start a new thread for it

Offline Yisroel Tech

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2020, 09:56:09 AM »
I made one for my family. There's two spots left that I think I will fill with my family. Maybe start a new thread for it
If you find yourself with an empty slot you can let me know.

Offline cozmohoot

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2020, 10:19:08 PM »
If you find yourself with an empty slot you can let me know.
There's a thread on reddit with people's family links

Offline grodnoking

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2020, 11:01:53 PM »

Offline grodnoking

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2020, 11:06:02 PM »

Don't want to start a new thread.

I've had Visible for roughly a week. So far I'm very happy with it.

I used it only in Lakewood/Jackson. Calls are clear, data speeds are very good (at least compared to what I'm used to), and coverage is good. Lowest speed test (download) I've had was around 5 mbps, highest was 41mbps in Jackson area and around 29 in Lakewood. Obviously it depends on exact location and time.

The average speed for me I'd estimate was around 15mbps.

The main thing I was worried about before signing up was customer support (especially since I was porting in a number). Customer support wait time was surprisingly quick when I had an issue. I was always first in line by the chat feature. Before signing up I remember rarely being below 20 in line. Either they got more reps or customers have priority.

Some things to note. My phone supports LTE+ which can I guess boost the speeds. Also I signed up now when they say they took off the speed cap for a limited time.

I too have been using it for just about a week. Switched from verizon prepaid, and have not seen a difference in service. I have not dropped a call, and in fact think maybe the quality has gotten better than verizon prepaid (all my calls are routed thru GV). The biggest reason I switched was for the hotspot. I dont need more than one device attached so that's not an issue. Never chatted with CS so I don't know how that's like.

Offline Yisroel Tech

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2020, 11:09:13 PM »
There's a thread on reddit with people's family links
Maybe it's just me... but I need something more heimish...
YES!
Let's save!

https://www.visible.com/p/VisibleDDParty

Offline Yisroel Tech

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2020, 12:49:38 AM »
Okay, we now have a party paying $35/m.

Anyone else wants to join? We can get it to $30 or $25.

Offline yuds70

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2020, 01:16:23 AM »
I got a Note 10, while its showing as not compatible online, some people are saying they were successful.

Any data points from my crowd here?
Make stuff happen.

Offline Yisroel Tech

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2020, 01:34:09 AM »
I got a Note 10, while its showing as not compatible online, some people are saying they were successful.

Any data points from my crowd here?
I don't have the Note 10, but I have a Moto G7 which is officially not compatible and data works very good with it (that was the device I initially activated with - they gave me in chat a fake compatible MEID to enter in the system) but Talk and Text are not working.

Offline Definitions

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2020, 09:18:25 AM »
This is the compatibility list I got from a chat agent.
I understand. Do you have a list of phones that are/aren't compatible that you can copy and paste in here?

8:10 PM

I'm going to send it on parts. 😃

8:15 PM

iPhones: 6 (A1549) (A1586) 6 Plus (A1522) SE (A1662) 6s (A1688) and (A1633) 6s Plus (A1687) and (A1634) 7 (A1660) and (A1779) 7 Plus (A1661) 8 (A1863) and (A1905) 8 Plus (A1864) and (A1897) X (A1865) and (A1901) XS (A1920) XS Max (A1921) XR (A1984) iPhone 11 iPhone 11 Pro iPhone 11 Pro Max

Android devices that work on Visible: Google Pixel 3 Google Pixel 3 XL Google Pixel 3a -We sell model numbers G020A on our website. Google Pixel 3a XL -We sell model numbers G020E on our website. Google Pixel 4 Google Pixel 4 XL LG Stylo 5/M7 -Only models sold by Visible AND unlocked models from Verizon. LG G8 -Only models from Verizon are compatible. LG V40 -Only models from Verizon are compatible. Motorola G7 Power -All unlocked models from Motorola. -All unlocked models from Verizon. -All unlocked models from other carriers (as long as they have updated to latest software version). Motorola moto e6 (Only models sold by Visible) -The model number for sale by Visible is: XT2005-5 Motorola Z4, models that come from Verizon and unlocked models. Motorola Z4 "Stingray" OnePlus 7 Pro, EXCEPT models from T-Mobile. OnePlus 7T, EXCEPT models from T-Mobile.

I'll be right back! 😃

Visible

Ok

8:16 PM

Samsung Galaxy A50 (BYOD compatible as of 2/4/20) -This is currently the ONLY model that is BYOD compatible: SM-A505U1 -The SKU that Visible sells is: SMA505UZKVX Samsung Galaxy S8 (Models unlocked straight from Samsung are NOT compatible) -The following model numbers are BYOD compatible: SMG950UZSV SMG950UZVV SMG950UZKV CLNRSAMG95064S CLNRSAMG95064K CLNRSAMG95064GR OCPO1ASAMG95064K OCPO1ASAMG95064GR OCPO1ASAMG95064S GALAXYS8-NVZW Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Models unlocked straight from Samsung are NOT compatible) -The following model numbers are BYOD compatible: ​​​​​​​SMG955UZSV SMG955UZVV SMG955UZKV CLNRSAMG95564K CLNRSAMG95564S CLNRSAMG95564GR OCPO1ASAMG95564K OCPO1ASAMG95564GR OCPO1ASAMG95564S GALAXYS8PLUS-NVZW ​​Samsung Galaxy S9 ​​​​​​​(Models unlocked straight from Samsung are NOT compatible) -​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​The following model numbers are BYOD compatible: SMG960U1ZKVX SMG960U1ZKVX SMG960U1ZKAX SMG960U1ZKEX SMG960U1ZKFX SMG960U1ZPAX SMG960U1ZPEX SMG960U1ZPFX SMG960U1ZBAX SMG960U1ZBEX SMG960U1ZBFX Samsung Galaxy S9+ ​​​​​​​(Models unlocked straight from Samsung are NOT compatible) ​​​​​​​-The following model numbers are BYOD compatible: ​​​​​​​SMG965U1ZKAX SMG965U1ZKEX SMG965U1ZKFX SMG965U1ZPAX SMG965U1ZPEX SMG965U1ZPFX SMG965U1ZBAX SMG965U1ZBEX SMG965U1ZBFX SMG965U1ZKVX VZW120005140018 VZW120005140019 VZW120005140020 VZW120005140021 VZW120005140022 VZW120005140023 Samsung Galaxy S10e (BYOD compatible as of 2/4/20) ​​​​​​​-This is currently the ONLY model that is BYOD compatible: ​​​​​​​SM-G970U1 Samsung Galaxy S20 -​​​​​​​BYOD: Only models sold by Verizon are BYOD compatible. Samsung Galaxy S20+ -​​​​​​​BYOD: Only models sold by Verizon are BYOD compatible. Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra -​​​​​​​BYOD: Only models sold by Verizon are BYOD compatible. Visible ZTE R2™ Visible ZTE Blade A7 Prime (R3) - Only models bought from Visible Visible ZTE Blade 10 Prime (R3 Max) - Only models bought from Visible

8:17 PM

That's it. 😃

Offline grodnoking

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2020, 06:20:11 PM »
Okay, we now have a party paying $35/m.

Anyone else wants to join? We can get it to $30 or $25.

Bump

Offline grodnoking

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2020, 10:15:44 AM »
My brother is looking to join a party pay.

Offline cozmohoot

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2020, 09:57:15 PM »
Anyone have a party plan with an open slot?