Author Topic: Chase sapphire brand  (Read 887 times)

Offline Bennyk9292

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Chase sapphire brand
« on: May 11, 2018, 06:26:19 PM »
I just signed up for the chase sapphire reserve.
I got a letter in the mail saying that I was denied the reserve being that I’m a ‘chase sapphire brand holder’.
I’ve never heard of something like this in my life. I have friends and colleagues who have the preferred and reserve and we’re able to receive the bonus and sign up points from both cards.
The bank told me I need to upgrade my card to reserve but I won’t receive the bonus points.
I downgraded my card to the freedom ultimate rewards so I don’t have so many issues.
I have the original chase sapphire which never offered any bonus points or sign up points to begin with.
When I signed up for the reserve, I did the whole sign up for 3 cards at once so I onl incur one credit pull. I got approved for the SPG.
What am I able to do to get the reserve and it’s points along with it and hopefully not having another hard pull on credit report.
Any and all answers help. Thanks!

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: Chase sapphire brand
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 06:38:06 PM »
Welcome to the forums. Definitely don't need a new thread for this. The "start here" board is a great place for you to start. If you read up a little, you'll learn that chase no longer allows people to apply for a sapphire product while holding one.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile

Offline MeirS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 09:25:49 PM »
I just signed up for the chase sapphire reserve.
I got a letter in the mail saying that I was denied the reserve being that I’m a ‘chase sapphire brand holder’.
I’ve never heard of something like this in my life. I have friends and colleagues who have the preferred and reserve and we’re able to receive the bonus and sign up points from both cards.
The bank told me I need to upgrade my card to reserve but I won’t receive the bonus points.
I downgraded my card to the freedom ultimate rewards so I don’t have so many issues.
I have the original chase sapphire which never offered any bonus points or sign up points to begin with.
When I signed up for the reserve, I did the whole sign up for 3 cards at once so I onl incur one credit pull. I got approved for the SPG.
What am I able to do to get the reserve and it’s points along with it and hopefully not having another hard pull on credit report.
Any and all answers help. Thanks!
Whatever the above posters wrote is very true and if you signed up for a Chase card and an Amex card, it'll be 2 credit pulls.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 04:33:10 PM »
Whatever the above posters wrote is very true and if you signed up for a Chase card and an Amex card, it'll be 2 credit pulls.
Lol denied for the Reserve but approved for the SPG :) .. maybe the OP meant the new Marriott? Dan basically described it as an SPG earning card, I can understand the confusion
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.