Author Topic: Untimate Rewards Travel  (Read 972 times)

Offline Kempmill

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Untimate Rewards Travel
« on: November 12, 2018, 09:40:01 AM »
It seems Chase's travel agency can no longer piece together flights that you can't find on their website. They only sell flights that they have pre-purchased in bulk. They seem to no longer operate as a travel agency but rather as a travel broker. I could not get them to piece together a flight that was available directly from United. In fact, they told me that they had only one option for a return flight on my date in June. I talked to a supervisor that confirmed the system has been changed and that piecing together itineraries is no longer an option.
 :(

Offline yandmk

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
Re: Untimate Rewards Travel
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 09:44:42 AM »
It seems Chase's travel agency can no longer piece together flights that you can't find on their website. They only sell flights that they have pre-purchased in bulk. They seem to no longer operate as a travel agency but rather as a travel broker. I could not get them to piece together a flight that was available directly from United. In fact, they told me that they had only one option for a return flight on my date in June. I talked to a supervisor that confirmed the system has been changed and that piecing together itineraries is no longer an option.
 :(
It's now ran by Expedia, which is a regular OTA

Offline Kempmill

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 01:43:04 PM »
It's now ran by Expedia, which is a regular OTA

Many many of the flights on Expedia are not available through Chase. I discussed this with multiple supervisors who confirmed. They are powered by Expedia, but they have a MUCH more limited inventory, and don't have the flights I am looking for, even though they are available on Expedia. One supervisor agreed to the wording of my previous comment. Another apologized and said that she hopes they will fix this problem soon.

They did confirm that they have no more flights than what you see on the Chase website, so there is really no reason to call in at this point to try to get a fair published by an airline that you can't find with them.

Offline yandmk

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 01:53:55 PM »

Many many of the flights on Expedia are not available through Chase. I discussed this with multiple supervisors who confirmed. They are powered by Expedia, but they have a MUCH more limited inventory, and don't have the flights I am looking for, even though they are available on Expedia. One supervisor agreed to the wording of my previous comment. Another apologized and said that she hopes they will fix this problem soon.

They did confirm that they have no more flights than what you see on the Chase website, so there is really no reason to call in at this point to try to get a fair published by an airline that you can't find with them.
When they say DROPR, it was said on Chase travel "experts" x1000! At least IME. Dumbest agents ever.
An agent once told me that it's not worth booking a flight to TLV with UA/LX returning with LH, because if I'll want to make a change, I would need to pay a change fee to each of the 3 airlines. Seriously.

Offline confu

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 05:29:35 PM »
When they say DROPR, it was said on Chase travel "experts" x1000! At least IME. Dumbest agents ever.
An agent once told me that it's not worth booking a flight to TLV with UA/LX returning with LH, because if I'll want to make a change, I would need to pay a change fee to each of the 3 airlines. Seriously.
+1000
they could hardly find anything with the old system, although they were quick to explain that alitalia prob doesn't interline with delta's regional carrier. and other such ....