Author Topic: Ashley Durablend Sofa peeling! Do you have this issue?  (Read 4975 times)

Offline yzj

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Ashley Durablend Sofa peeling! Do you have this issue?
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2016, 11:56:29 PM »
looks like they currently have 3 piece sofa sets with top grain  love seat, sofa, and armchair  for 2-2500... I think they carry the single sofas for $899 or so in store in January and again around July
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 12:43:55 AM by yzj »

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2018, 04:53:27 PM »
I bought my couch a couple years back it started peeling after a half a year  by now there's almost nothing left to peel off (it looks similar to the pic in first post inverted), is it worth it to reupholster? who would do a good job that lasts and with what material? please share your experience thanks.

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2018, 08:39:18 PM »
http://www.whatsurhomestory.com/buying-leather-furniture/

The sales manager at Ashley Furniture told us “You can get the leather look for much cheaper and after a few years when you are tired of it get a new one. Still will cost you less than real leather”,

“Bonded leather” is a cheaper manufacturer’s first line of attack in selling you the look and feel of leather for a “great deal.” Unfortunately, bonded leather is hardly leather at all—by definition, it has to be only 17% leather. So leather is to bonded leather what chicken is to chicken McNuggets (or pressboard to wood, or dryer lint to fabric): In other words, it’s processed beyond recognition.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 08:49:15 PM by yesitsme »