Author Topic: I have one page with two documents on it I want to split it and print them each.  (Read 4407 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
I'm not too familiar with cutting a picture in half and then printing them in full screen meaning a full size paper if I had access to Microsoft Word or a computer I would actually try to go ahead and split them up and zoom in and blow it up, is there any app or website I could just download this picture or somehow cut it and put them on four pages versus having it on two pages and having the other half of the page blank as you can see in the link below which I'll link, you can even download it if you want beautiful d'var Torah on this week's Parsha.
  TIA..
And if someone does end up helping me if you don't mind and show me the method on how to break them up so I can do it in the future thanks a lot good Shabbos.

https://www.hac1.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=687589&type=d&pREC_ID=1127239

Or to actually download the PDF directly you can click on this link..
https://4.files.edl.io/d0d9/05/29/18/145522-4f483edc-7ca8-416e-a8af-26c4696c0be4.pdf
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline myi

• View Profile
Want each square on one page?

@mileagejunkie done,thanks
Haven't used Windows in years but idea would be to crop each page and then print to PDF.
Yes ,there's 2 pages on one page causing the two pages to be shrunk because the only way to fit 2 pages parallel would be to make a regular page with four papers which are shrunk and causing to have 2 on top while having the bottom empty as seen in the link.
  Yes so anything that would separate the two square paragraphs and place them on their own paper would suffice.
Thanks
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 12:24:49 PM by myi »
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
I'm not too familiar with cutting a picture in half and then printing them in full screen meaning a full size paper if I had access to Microsoft Word or a computer I would actually try to go ahead and split them up and zoom in and blow it up, is there any app or website I could just download this picture or somehow cut it and put them on four pages versus having it on two pages and having the other half of the page blank as you can see in the link below which I'll link, you can even download it if you want beautiful d'var Torah on this week's Parsha.
  TIA..
And if someone does end up helping me if you don't mind and show me the method on how to break them up so I can do it in the future thanks a lot good Shabbos.

https://4.files.edl.io/d0d9/05/29/18/145522-4f483edc-7ca8-416e-a8af-26c4696c0be4.pdf
Do you still need help?

Offline myi

• View Profile
Do you still need help?
You have an idea sure wouldn't mind hearing.
Mileagejunky has a nice idea about cropping the part you want to be on its one page and then when In gallery crop and the save as pdf and print, now only problem with that is when I zoom into the photo it's blurry and I know when printing if when you zoom it's blurry usually the picture/text is a bit blurry, so curious to know if there's another idea? Or I will have to go with mileagejunkys idea?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 05:20:43 PM by myi »

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  TIA..

I was able to open in word, unlock from "read only" (CTL+shift+ F11) and the change the format to one document per page

Offline myi

• View Profile
I was able to open in word, unlock from "read only" (CTL+shift+ F11) and the change the format to one document per page
Thanks I'll try that later when I get near a computer.

Offline myi

• View Profile
Tried on a freinds laptop but he doesn't have word(he doesn't have a paid version,I will see if I can get him a version) so tried editing it on the online word but it  changes the document to chinese as its coming from a hebrew font.
  Will have to try on a computer when I get a minute or if I get a free version for his laptop.

Offline myi

• View Profile
I managed to get it to word after using an online converter,it seems i physically have to take each page and font and rearrange  it by hand? What did you mean 'change the format to one document per page'?
@moko

Offline myi

• View Profile
Ended up printing them as is, since I found no other alternative which made sense.

last question, I'm printing the pages back to back ,while causing one of the pages to be upside down when folding the two page or four sided dvar torah, what's the easiest way to make a 180 on of the pages whether the first or last page making them both upright ? Flipping a PDF? Or in the print settings?  Can I flip the second page right before I print my documents? Tia

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
Ended up printing them as is, since I found no other alternative which made sense.

last question, I'm printing the pages back to back ,while causing one of the pages to be upside down when folding the two page or four sided dvar torah, what's the easiest way to make a 180 on of the pages whether the first or last page making them both upright ? Flipping a PDF? Or in the print settings?  Can I flip the second page right before I print my documents? Tia
You may be able to fix it in the printing settings (look for duplex settings, it may ask you if you want 'long edge' or 'short edge', you want 'short edge'.

Otherwise, if you document is a PDF you can use a program called PDF SAM (Split And Merge) to split it into multiple documents (pages), then to rotate the pages you want to rotate, and then to merge them back into one document.
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline myi

• View Profile
You may be able to fix it in the printing settings (look for duplex settings, it may ask you if you want 'long edge' or 'short edge', you want 'short edge'.

Otherwise, if you document is a PDF you can use a program called PDF SAM (Split And Merge) to split it into multiple documents (pages), then to rotate the pages you want to rotate, and then to merge them back into one document.
Wow thanks for that info,yes the print settings has that option but I have no clue what those options meant short edge or long edge, will try that first if not follow your next idea.
  Curios to know while I'm on this topic how can you do the same to a Microsoft word document? Is there a button to made a 180 deg flip?

Offline etech0

• View Profile
Wow thanks for that info,yes the print settings has that option but I have no clue what those options meant short edge or long edge, will try that first if not follow your next idea.
  Curios to know while I'm on this topic how can you do the same to a Microsoft word document? Is there a button to made a 180 deg flip?
Basically it means that if you are reading a book / booklet and want to turn the page to read the back, in order to determine which way it should print, you base it on how the pages are attached. A standard size paper has a long side and a short side, if the pages of the book are attached on the longer side then that's what you'd choose for printing. In this case you'd want them attached on the shorter side.

I don't know of a way to do that in word but you can always export it to a PDF first...

Offline myi

• View Profile
Basically it means that if you are reading a book / booklet and want to turn the page to read the back, in order to determine which way it should print, you base it on how the pages are attached. A standard size paper has a long side and a short side, if the pages of the book are attached on the longer side then that's what you'd choose for printing. In this case you'd want them attached on the shorter side.

I don't know of a way to do that in word but you can always export it to a PDF first...
Thanks simpler then I thought, or maybe just the way you explained it made it seem that way.

Offline etech0

• View Profile
Thanks simpler then I thought, or maybe just the way you explained it made it seem that way.
It took me a long time to figure it out :)

You're welcome!

Offline myi

• View Profile
It took me a long time to figure it out :)

You're welcome!
You wouldn't by any chance know where I can get some insights or some courses on the functions that can be used at/on Microsoft word?

Offline etech0

• View Profile
You wouldn't by any chance know where I can get some insights or some courses on the functions that can be used at/on Microsoft word?
google? :)

A long time ago I took some courses from a place called 599cd but I don't know if they have updated courses on the newer versions. Otherwise you can learn almost anything via google/youtube, the questions is if you know what to google, and how to filter through the youtube videos to find the good ones.

Lynda.com probably has good ones if you want to pay.