Author Topic: Amex SPG Business card -- can't get employee cards for 2 months!  (Read 984 times)

Offline Woofwoof

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Hello all:

I was approved by Amex to get their SPG BUsiness card and was told that I could get employee cards at no cost. I immediately emailed them to request one card for my spouse, but I kept receiving letters asking me for more information. The letters were computer generated and the additional info requested was left blank. Clearly, it was an error.

I talked to multiple phone agents (off biz hours) and they said it would be taken care of. Of course, for months, no progress was made. They did further request me to get a bank letter certifying my identity and address. I accomplished this and faxed it to them. Again, no reply from Amex. It just happened again.

I cannot believe this incompetence. This is a business card.

Did anybody have this experience? If so, how was it resolved (if at all)? What are your suggestions?

Thanks very much! Have a great weekend! 

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
Re: Amex SPG Business card -- can't get employee cards for 2 months!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 09:46:44 PM »
Hello all:

I was approved by Amex to get their SPG BUsiness card and was told that I could get employee cards at no cost. I immediately emailed them to request one card for my spouse, but I kept receiving letters asking me for more information. The letters were computer generated and the additional info requested was left blank. Clearly, it was an error.

I talked to multiple phone agents (off biz hours) and they said it would be taken care of. Of course, for months, no progress was made. They did further request me to get a bank letter certifying my identity and address. I accomplished this and faxed it to them. Again, no reply from Amex. It just happened again.

I cannot believe this incompetence. This is a business card.

Did anybody have this experience? If so, how was it resolved (if at all)? What are your suggestions?

Thanks very much! Have a great weekend!
Did you try online, why not try here?
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Woofwoof

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Amex SPG Business card -- can't get employee cards for 2 months!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 10:19:51 PM »
Thanks. Tried this already. Cannot believe that these guys are so useless.

I am guessing that one likely issue that there is a soft credit lock (protection after the Equifax debacle). This is not the hard credit freeze. Basically, if anybody who needs to issue credit to us would have to call us first.