Author Topic: stopover with LAN  (Read 991 times)

Offline vkazman

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
stopover with LAN
« on: August 07, 2011, 01:16:01 AM »
Hello,

I am confused with which stopovers are allowed with LANPASS. I have LANPASS KM and originally wanted to go from JFK to Rio (GIG). It was 48K round trip just couple of days ago. Now it is 62K minimum.
I called LAN and tried to find out If I can redeem miles to the ticket to LIM (Lima still 48K round trip) with stopover anywhere else. I mentioned EZE (Buenos Aires) as an example. Rep told me that it will work.
    I know that I can do only 1 stopover with LAN. But I cannot believe that I can do a stopover nowhere close to a direct route. This way I could stop in SYD Australia on the way to LIM. It cannot be like this. I think agents just do not have any clue what they are talking about and I am afraid that when time comes to do a booking a flight with a stopover over the phone, I will be refused.

So my question is if I indeed can book JFK-GIG-LIM and LIM-JFK for 48K or another flight JFK-EZE-LIM and LIM-JFK for 48K (price for return ticket to Lima)

If these itineraries work, I would plan most of my trip in Brazil and/or Argentina and would get to Lima 1 day prior to my return flight to JFK

Thanks a lot