Author Topic: El Al not our favorite airline  (Read 1502 times)

Offline ckuttner

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
El Al not our favorite airline
« on: June 20, 2018, 12:34:40 PM »
We are awaiting our connecting flight back after going to Israel from LAX, and returning early this morning.

Sheesh! Going, we were on a 777-220 that was showing its age. Connection box under seats prevented us from putting our carry-on under seats. Staff were surly, we had to repeatedly ask for the headline and snack that they skipped middle seat.

Returning, we were thrilled to have room in front of us to stow bags. Staff started out nicer, but 14.5 hours in the air takes its toll on staff and passengers. And we had USB power outlets which would have been nicer if they were powered instead of dummies. Sleep would have been nice if it weren't for the neighboring Israelis talking loudly.

To get coffee in the morning, we had to go to the rear galley to get lukewarm coffee.

I think our next Israel trip will be with another airline. And I think we'll do better to start on the east coast.

Offline noturbizniss

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: El Al not our favorite airline
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 07:26:01 AM »

We are awaiting our connecting flight back after going to Israel from LAX, and returning early this morning.

Sheesh! Going, we were on a 777-220 that was showing its age. Connection box under seats prevented us from putting our carry-on under seats. Staff were surly, we had to repeatedly ask for the headline and snack that they skipped middle seat.

Returning, we were thrilled to have room in front of us to stow bags. Staff started out nicer, but 14.5 hours in the air takes its toll on staff and passengers. And we had USB power outlets which would have been nicer if they were powered instead of dummies. Sleep would have been nice if it weren't for the neighboring Israelis talking loudly.

To get coffee in the morning, we had to go to the rear galley to get lukewarm coffee.

I think our next Israel trip will be with another airline. And I think we'll do better to start on the east coast.

1. Not sure this belongs in this thread.
2. If you had checked seat guru before selecting seats you would have known about the box under your seats, not El Al's fault.
3.not sure what a headline is or how they could possibly skip snacks for a mode seat. They gave tindow and aisle but not middle? Was middle seat sleeping or away?
4.were they meant as power USB or just a way to connect a device to view your media on the seat back? Like a standard computer USB as opposed to a powered 2A jack?
5 did you complain to crew about noisy passengers or say something yourself?
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline jose34

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: El Al not our favorite airline
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 07:45:32 AM »

Its seems like you do not like flying that much!
Starting on the east coast is much better idea since you do get a shorter flight, 14.5 hours is pretty long to be a  on plane espcially if you dont like flying.

What difference does it make if the people talking loudly were Israeli's or Russians or Greeks. Its hard when you have people speaking loudly in a language you don't understand.