DansDeals Forum > Destination Guides And Trip Planning

RV trip — Midwest to California — to do or not to do?

(1/3) > >>

nirc:
I have an opportunity to drive an rv (no cost) from the Midwest to California this coming Wednesday with the family, and will be flying back after 1.5 weeks

Is 2 days enough prep time for such a trip with 4 kids?

Which route is suggested? I am totally overwhelmed with all the different possibilities, to go from Chicago to San Francisco.

gubevo18:
When in doubt, go.

nirc:

--- Quote from: gubevo18 on June 10, 2018, 10:57:06 PM ---When in doubt, go.

--- End quote ---

That was my initial reaction as well. However, once I entered final destination into google maps, I was slammed with all the different ways to drive, tens of campgrounds to choose from etc...

And of course, what to do along the way. Have kids ranging from teenagers to babies, so can’t exactly just decide on a whim what to do etc....

12HRS:

--- Quote from: nirc on June 10, 2018, 11:17:49 PM ---That was my initial reaction as well. However, once I entered final destination into google maps, I was slammed with all the different ways to drive, tens of campgrounds to choose from etc...

And of course, what to do along the way. Have kids ranging from teenagers to babies, so can’t exactly just decide on a whim what to do etc....

--- End quote ---

Just start. campgrounds are nice no matter what. if you find you need something on the road there are plenty of walmarts along the way.

shmebeble:
especially if the wife/ kids can do some research along the way. And its not busiest season (from what I woud guess) so you should have flexibility getting into somewhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version