Author Topic: Are Marriott Flights&Nights Travel Packages the right option for me?  (Read 1031 times)

Offline ukinny

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Firstly, apologies if this post comes off as a humble-brag, please trust me when I say it isn't (especially as I have met many of the people who have far higher balances than I).

With that said, I am not sure how best to deploy my Marriott Rewards points, or if to just let them be? I am currently sitting on about 1.6MM of them.

However, I already have a substantial amount of miles that would be the beneficiary of any travel package (2MM AS miles, 1.4MM AA, 350K UA along with 1.1MM UR, 1.1MM Amex MR, 1.5MM Hilton etc...). Would you buy the packages now, in advance of the July 1, and if so where would you xfer them to, if in my shoes?

As a background, I travel often, and have been gebentsht enough to enjoy JL F, SQ F, EK F, EY F etc..., and B"H have seen a large chunk of the world. All this has been done mainly solo, though now I am in a LTR with the woman I hope will become my better half in due course, so obvi I want to take her on some splendid trips  - her main travel aims being safaris in Africa, the Amalfi Coast, and the islands of the South Pacific (think New Caledonia etc...)

Offline smart man

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Are Marriott Flights&Nights Travel Packages the right option for me?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 06:37:44 PM »
Firstly, apologies if this post comes off as a humble-brag, please trust me when I say it isn't (especially as I have met many of the people who have far higher balances than I).

With that said, I am not sure how best to deploy my Marriott Rewards points, or if to just let them be? I am currently sitting on about 1.6MM of them.

However, I already have a substantial amount of miles that would be the beneficiary of any travel package (2MM AS miles, 1.4MM AA, 350K UA along with 1.1MM UR, 1.1MM Amex MR, 1.5MM Hilton etc...). Would you buy the packages now, in advance of the July 1, and if so where would you xfer them to, if in my shoes?

As a background, I travel often, and have been gebentsht enough to enjoy JL F, SQ F, EK F, EY F etc..., and B"H have seen a large chunk of the world. All this has been done mainly solo, though now I am in a LTR with the woman I hope will become my better half in due course, so obvi I want to take her on some splendid trips  - her main travel aims being safaris in Africa, the Amalfi Coast, and the islands of the South Pacific (think New Caledonia etc...)
You don't want to keep the points and use for hotels? If you're transferring then Alaska should get you the best value. (I imagine you only book travel for yourself, so you're not worried about Alaska audits...).

Offline ukinny

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Are Marriott Flights&Nights Travel Packages the right option for me?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 07:06:53 PM »
I do, but am not sure if the right way forward is to convert some of the points into travel packages, or leave them for future marriott/spg stays. My gut feeling is to leave them as is, but then I wonder if perhaps there might not be a creative use in a xfer to some of the non-US based FFPs