Author Topic: AF: Book an extra seat and you will be reimbursed if flight has any empty seat  (Read 836 times)

Offline tmendy226

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
I just found out about this. Apparently it is not new but in COVID chances are pretty high that most if not all flights have empty seats.

Travel in more comfort and security with Air France*, with our option to choose an extra seat with a 25% discount in the Economy cabin.
Air France will reimburse the entirety of your 2nd seat fare if there are unoccupied seats in your cabin.

https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common/guidevoyageur/assistance/particuliere_pfc.htm

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Does one need to prove waist measurement in order to be eligible?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Does one need to prove waist measurement in order to be eligible?

This has to do with COVID distancing concerns, not girth.

What happens if 20 economy passengers buy a seat like this, and there’s a single empty economy seat? Do all 20 passengers receive a refund for the second seat? Also, what happens if they downgrade to a smaller aircraft (with fewer seats) after I booked?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Joe4007

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
This has to do with COVID distancing concerns, not girth.

What happens if 20 economy passengers buy a seat like this, and there’s a single empty economy seat? Do all 20 passengers receive a refund for the second seat? Also, what happens if they downgrade to a smaller aircraft (with fewer seats) after I booked?
You mean there are 21 empty economy seats? Why wouldn't they receive a refund?