Author Topic: Why does DansDeals hate Elal?  (Read 7515 times)

Offline joeb1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
Re: why does DD's hate Elal
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2018, 12:43:35 PM »
He is bringing awareness to a terrible episode that elal chose to screw their customers royally. They deserve the full brunt of this.
Halivay Vaytur

Offline Amusch

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2018, 12:44:23 PM »
Some of the hate could be from frustration because their point system is so bad and nobody can figure out how to game them like the other airlines

Exactly my point, thank you.

Offline Chief Rabbi of New York

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2018, 01:01:09 PM »
Oy L'rasha, Oy L'shchaino?
Nobody's losing their job because of a blog post criticizing LYs decision to ruin people's Shabbos.
If they lose their job it will be because LY can't run a proper airline and refuses to listen to criticism.

are less people flying because of the blog posts? less say a lot less people fly Elal now.
you dont think this will result in the company laying off workers?
Show Some Respect for Me, I am The Chief Rabbi of New York :)

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2018, 01:04:08 PM »
I don't see any problem, public bashing will just save people who would have a problem flying with them from flying with them, and not effect anyone else.
It will also hopefully be informative to them as for the corrections they need to implement.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline BP16

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2018, 01:19:14 PM »
Some of the hate could be from frustration because their point system is so bad and nobody can figure out how to game them like the other airlines
I guess you dont even know how to book a regular flight using miles so you think when someone books a flight using miles its considered gaming!
Ok so start from the beginning maybe you'll figure it out.

Offline gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2018, 01:22:05 PM »
I guess you dont even know how to book a regular flight using miles so you think when someone books a flight using miles its considered gaming!
Ok so start from the beginning maybe you'll figure it out.
No what i said was bad points  AND game the system 2 separate things

Offline gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2018, 01:26:26 PM »
I'm not one to go promoting elal as they were the first ones to get away with one bag to Israel instead of 2 about 6 years ago and coincidentally few months later they had the crazy fare where they didn't put in the fuel charges.
Delta tried it and people made a stink so they went back to 2 but once elal did it e/o else jumped on board.

Elal has the Jewish niche the people who 1. Don't know better 2. And the people who are into supporting a Jewish / Israeli company. Kind of like a certain blog site .

Offline JoeyShmoe

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2018, 02:01:18 PM »
Elal has the Jewish niche the people who 1. Don't know better 2. And the people who are into supporting a Jewish / Israeli company. Kind of like a certain blog site .
And this story goes to prove that they're not interested in said Jewish niche, it also proves that they're not acting Jewish and there's no reason for people looking for a "Jewish airline" to use them
DDF A-Z Link Extension
Chrome
Firefox
Info

Offline Ygold

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2018, 02:14:22 PM »
OP has a very good point. The ad nauseum hate here towards ElAl is both irrational and unjustified, much like the hate was towards the ex United CEO which was just plain stupid.

Now I personally try to avoid ElAl for a past previous bad experience, (1 Flight attendant negative towards the frum + bad service) but in this case, while perhaps they could of done things slightly better, they didn't do all that bad, taking into account the circumstances. There are worse airlines out there than ElAl. The amount of vitriol spewed around here is just stupid.

Just my opinion :)
Shout out to Meshugener!

Offline gross5g

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2018, 02:19:29 PM »
And this story goes to prove that they're not interested in said Jewish niche, it also proves that they're not acting Jewish and there's no reason for people looking for a "Jewish airline" to use them
No exactly my point they have the clientele and they keep coming so why do more than they have to.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2018, 02:28:20 PM »
It's the bottom line that counts:

Now I personally try to avoid ElAl for a past previous bad experience, (1 Flight attendant negative towards the frum + bad service)

I have avoided them for the past 18+ years for the same reasons (and limited point/mileage redemptions).

ELAL should be WELCOMING the criticism and learning from it, but unfortunately, they seem to have a DNA problem.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline mgarfin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2018, 02:35:20 PM »
It's the bottom line that counts:

I have avoided them for the past 18+ years for the same reasons (and limited point/mileage redemptions).

ELAL should be WELCOMING the criticism and learning from it, but unfortunately, they seem to have a DNA problem.

Do you know of an Israeli company that's different?

Offline JoeyShmoe

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2018, 02:36:44 PM »
OP has a very good point. The ad nauseum hate here towards ElAl is both irrational and unjustified, much like the hate was towards the ex United CEO which was just plain stupid.
I don't see where @Dan has "hated" on ElAl, definitely not ad naseum, he's reporting a story where ElAl messed up and lost the trust of their clients
No exactly my point they have the clientele and they keep coming so why do more than they have to.
It's not a matter of not doing more than what they have to for their clientele (BTW that's something every business should be doing, doing just enough to satisfy your clients is an easy way for a competitor to steal them), they gained the trust of their clientele and just lost it, any loss of revenue or jobs is solely on them. @Dan is just making sure that people don't just blindly jump to fly ElAl "because they're a Jewish company" or "because they don't fly on Shabbos", since they aren't and they do...
DDF A-Z Link Extension
Chrome
Firefox
Info

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2018, 03:01:37 PM »
I don't see where @Dan has "hated" on ElAl, definitely not ad naseum, he's reporting a story where ElAl messed up and lost the trust of their clients

It's not a matter of not doing more than what they have to for their clientele (BTW that's something every business should be doing, doing just enough to satisfy your clients is an easy way for a competitor to steal them), they gained the trust of their clientele and just lost it, any loss of revenue or jobs is solely on them. @Dan is just making sure that people don't just blindly jump to fly ElAl "because they're a Jewish company" or "because they don't fly on Shabbos", since they aren't and they do...

Well said.

It almost seems like the ELAL board and entire management should be taking accounting 101, realizing what are their assets and what are their liabilities (some in actual accounting terms, and some in a broader meaning). For every commercial company, their (satisfied) clients are an asset, their employees could be an asset, a liability or both. Thinking about it as I write, clients, employees, and even some hard assets as well as a loyalty program, could be either assets or liabilities, a lot depends on how they are treated.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline aygart

• View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2018, 03:03:56 PM »
Well said.

It almost seems like the ELAL board and entire management should be taking accounting 101, realizing what are their assets and what are their liabilities (some in actual accounting terms, and some in a broader meaning). For every commercial company, their (satisfied) clients are an asset, their employees could be an asset, a liability or both. Thinking about it as I write, clients, employees, and even some hard assets as well as a loyalty program, could be either assets or liabilities, a lot depends on how they are treated.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodwill_(accounting)
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.