Author Topic: 10k MR for adding additional AMEX card  (Read 93436 times)

Offline yare

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: 10k MR for adding additional AMEX card
« Reply #220 on: August 10, 2011, 06:56:57 PM »
Looks like you need reread what I wrote, again.

Without the SS# *(or at least an address tied to the name)* there cannot be any report activity.

Riddle me this:

How could there be report activity on a name like "John Smith" with no attendant SS# and/or physical address? What are they going to go on... "john Smith?"

Yea, uhu. 
yes, i'm sure john smith without a dob, ss or address would be a good one.  you should try that, see if they let you put it on.   but when your name is aaron jakobovitz and your date of birth is 3.14.85 and "coincidentally" they have in their files a aaron jakobovitz that has cards from them with the exact same dob, it's not very hard for them to do the math; with or without an address.   like i said, i've seen it happen; on just a dob.      now, you could keep talking (as it seems you're wont to do), but that's all it is; i'm telling you a fact.

Offline compddd

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 10, 2011, 07:21:35 PM »
I just got the friendliest MR rep ever

She added 5 additional cards for my PR Gold and 5 for Business Gold

Bam 100k in the bag :)

Offline Mocha

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 10, 2011, 07:24:08 PM »
You got the bonus 5k MR before actually receiving the cards and activating them??

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #223 on: August 10, 2011, 08:02:35 PM »
yes, i'm sure john smith without a dob, ss or address would be a good one.  you should try that, see if they let you put it on.   but when your name is aaron jakobovitz and your date of birth is 3.14.85 and "coincidentally" they have in their files a aaron jakobovitz that has cards from them with the exact same dob, it's not very hard for them to do the math; with or without an address.   like i said, i've seen it happen; on just a dob.      now, you could keep talking (as it seems you're wont to do), but that's all it is; i'm telling you a fact.

"Wont to do"? Really? Well, Mr. Shakespeare, this may not have occurred to you, but what if you gave a different DOB?

So, for your benefit, let me repeat: No SS (sometimes they may not even ask). No address (not asked for). And different DOB.

Golden.

You mean a future 100k, right?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 10, 2011, 08:03:34 PM »

lucky u . I called a second time to add another card . The guy started harassing me that I wasn't targeted and even if yes it will take 6-8 weeks for it to post . I got disconnected. Called back the next CSR said that my account was noted with this guys comments :(

What do I do now

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #225 on: August 10, 2011, 08:06:33 PM »
lucky u . I called a second time to add another card . The guy started harassing me that I wasn't targeted and even if yes it will take 6-8 weeks for it to post . I got disconnected. Called back the next CSR said that my account was noted with this guys comments :(

What do I do now

Just have a reg CSR add the additional cardmembers and *then after spending the $1*, call up MR a couple days later and say you want the points for those cards as well.

As long as you get the 10k for the other ones you signed up for, you should be able to convince an MR rep to give you for the second card as well.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 10, 2011, 08:17:13 PM »
Just have a reg CSR add the additional cardmembers and *then after spending the $1*, call up MR a couple days later and say you want the points for those cards as well.

As long as you get the 10k for the other ones you signed up for, you should be able to convince an MR rep to give you for the second card as well.
Was Planning to lay low until I get some cards and then call. However he was going on and on that there is misinformation being spread by CSR and he will note the account for ALL the cards that I signed up for. Let's wait and see.

The trouble is I have a plat card that I need to cancel soon to avoid the fee . Was going to add  5 Gold AUs to the Plat . I'm not adding people if it might  turn into a 6-8 week complicated process. Not worth the $

Offline dirah

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 10, 2011, 08:19:58 PM »
Some encouragement for those who don't get it on the first call:
I had to call MR three times - All in the space of half hour.
First call: As soon as the rep heard me talk about the 10K for additional cardholders, she told me that it is only available for targeted accounts.
So I hung up and immediately called again.
Second call:
The rep had no idea what I was talking about. Spend 5 minutes looking up offer code 5721, and came back saying that it must be something cardmember services deals with, so he transferred me to that department. The rep from that department had no idea what I was talking about, so looked it up for 5 minutes and came back aplogising that she couldn't help me.
Third call:
As soon as the rep heard me talk about the 10K for additional cardholders, she says "sure, I can help you with that!" She didn't even ask me for the offer code 5721. She notated my account, and she then transferred me to cardmember services to add the additionals. When the cardmember services rep heard that I want to add 5 additionals, she says, "this must be for the 10K offer for additional cardholders, right?" She was more than happy to help, and I did not need to supply SSN's.

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 10, 2011, 08:27:23 PM »
My MR rep added the additional cards for me without transferring me to cardmember services.

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 10, 2011, 08:29:11 PM »
Was Planning to lay low until I get some cards and then call. However he was going on and on that there is misinformation being spread by CSR and he will note the account for ALL the cards that I signed up for. Let's wait and see.

The trouble is I have a plat card that I need to cancel soon to avoid the fee . Was going to add  5 Gold AUs to the Plat . I'm not adding people if it might  turn into a 6-8 week complicated process. Not worth the $

So he basically said he notated that you would get 10k for each AU you added?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #230 on: August 10, 2011, 08:50:33 PM »
Some encouragement for those who don't get it on the first call:
I had to call MR three times - All in the space of half hour.
First call: As soon as the rep heard me talk about the 10K for additional cardholders, she told me that it is only available for targeted accounts.
Second call:
The rep had no idea what I was talking about. Spend 5 minutes looking up offer code 5721, and came back saying that it must be something cardmember services deals with, so he transferred me to that department. The rep from that department had no idea what I was talking about, so looked it up for 5 minutes and came back aplogising that she couldn't help me.
Third call:
As soon as the rep heard me talk about the 10K for additional cardholders, she says "sure, I can help you with that!" She didn't even ask me for the offer code 5721. She notated my account, and she then transferred me to cardmember services to add the additionals. When the cardmember services rep heard that I want to add 5 additionals, she says, "this must be for the 10K offer for additional cardholders, right?" She was more than happy to help, and I did not need to supply SSN's.
Well done!
Care to post a comment on the main site to help others?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 10, 2011, 09:06:15 PM »
So he basically said he notated that you would get 10k for each AU you added?
I wasn't clear he said IF I was eligible then it will post in 6-8. We know u just keep on calling but I don't like such notes on my account makes things complicated.

Offline sim

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 10, 2011, 09:16:45 PM »
When i called MR  to add the bonus id to get 100k points for my plat, she offered me 10000 points for adding an au on any of my accounts (i picked the business gold) and i didnt need a social only birthday

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 10, 2011, 09:24:32 PM »
Blue for business,
Called mentioned the bonus, she said "oh, you mean the 10K bonus. Sure" (didn't need to give the code) added 4 users over the phone with no San or dob, just names or initials

Offline sammy-in-ny

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 10, 2011, 11:15:36 PM »
Sigh. I called 800-AXP-EARN three times... so far:

Call 1 @ 10:51pm ET: rep said I must be targeted.

Call 2 @ 10:53pm ET: rep said I must be targeted. She mentioned that there were blog sites promoting this.

Call 3 @ 11:08pm ET: rep said he'd transfer me to Cust Serv and they could add the cards for me. He said I would automatically get the 10k points per card. I said, "even if you don't add the offer code?" and he said "yes." When I told the CSR that I wanted to add 5 add'l cards, she asked if it was for the 10k promotion. When I said yes, she said I needed to be targeted and it wasn't showing up on my account. She didn't want to add the AUs only to have me _not_ get the points. She mentioned that blog sites were promoting this, but the sites had it wrong... you need to be targeted AND need to provide SSNs.

Not sure if I'll give up or try again tomorrow.

Offline MnM1130

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 10, 2011, 11:21:51 PM »
Sigh. I called 800-AXP-EARN three times... so far:

Call 1 @ 10:51pm ET: rep said I must be targeted.

Call 2 @ 10:53pm ET: rep said I must be targeted. She mentioned that there were blog sites promoting this.

Call 3 @ 11:08pm ET: rep said he'd transfer me to Cust Serv and they could add the cards for me. He said I would automatically get the 10k points per card. I said, "even if you don't add the offer code?" and he said "yes." When I told the CSR that I wanted to add 5 add'l cards, she asked if it was for the 10k promotion. When I said yes, she said I needed to be targeted and it wasn't showing up on my account. She didn't want to add the AUs only to have me _not_ get the points. She mentioned that blog sites were promoting this, but the sites had it wrong... you need to be targeted AND need to provide SSNs.

Not sure if I'll give up or try again tomorrow.

try again when there are more normal reps around.. like normal business hours... ur better off that way!

Offline yossi4k

• View Profile
  • Programs: Avis President's Club National Executive Elite Sixt Platinum
« Reply #236 on: August 11, 2011, 01:17:46 AM »
try again when there are more normal reps around.. like normal business hours... ur better off that way!
From your statement you seem to imply that more generous reps work during business hours. I haven't seem to find that consistent.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 01:20:55 AM by yossi4k »

Offline ashers

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 11, 2011, 03:37:03 AM »
anyone have luck with SM??
it CAN be done!

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #238 on: August 11, 2011, 04:36:10 AM »
If I add someone with awful credit will that effect me and hurt my credit?

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #239 on: August 11, 2011, 06:10:44 AM »
If I add someone with awful credit will that effect me and hurt my credit?
I've been wondering the same thing. I sure hope not.