Author Topic: 10k MR for adding additional AMEX card  (Read 93471 times)

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: 10k MR for adding additional AMEX card
« Reply #420 on: October 11, 2011, 03:52:01 PM »
Called to transfer all my points to CO and had her borrow 30k which would be covered by the 30k I was promised. I told her I would only borrow the 30k if I would for sure get them. She had no problem notating my account that if the 30k were not given to me then I would not have to pay back the 30k that I borrowed. After she did the transfer she said she opened a ticket to have the points credited and a couple days later my balance went from -29,432 to 432 :)

She did say that my original note was very strongly worded that if the points were not posted automatically then they would be credited manually...

Smart move. Well done!
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #421 on: October 11, 2011, 03:53:03 PM »
Called to transfer all my points to CO and had her borrow 30k which would be covered by the 30k I was promised. I told her I would only borrow the 30k if I would for sure get them. She had no problem notating my account that if the 30k were not given to me then I would not have to pay back the 30k that I borrowed. After she did the transfer she said she opened a ticket to have the points credited and a couple days later my balance went from -29,432 to 432 :)

She did say that my original note was very strongly worded that if the points were not posted automatically then they would be credited manually...

I've heard that approach has worked a couple of times, i.e. people borrowing points on the promise of future bonuses. Seems to squeeze AMEX that much harder...
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Thingywingy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 11, 2011, 04:46:42 PM »

Didnt Continental transfers stop at end of september?
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 11, 2011, 04:48:18 PM »
Didnt Continental transfers stop at end of september?

Yes, and he transferred those 30k (and whatever other amount) before October.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline yaakov s

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 11, 2011, 07:14:59 PM »
I went with my request to the executive offices. She called me back left me a voicemail  that I didn't get it because there is a 1K spend per card required. Somehow for some stupid reason I deleted that message. Called back to get it promised if I spend the $$ (figured I don't have any other cards I need to spend on right now )and now I'm getting denied on all fronts. I threatened to go to the AG office with the voicemail(which I claimed to still have) and they aren't budging.

Any ideas?

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 10k MR for adding additional AMEX card
« Reply #425 on: October 11, 2011, 07:22:10 PM »
I went with my request to the executive offices. She called me back left me a voicemail  that I didn't get it because there is a 1K spend per card required. Somehow for some stupid reason I deleted that message. Called back to get it promised if I spend the $$ (figured I don't have any other cards I need to spend on right now )and now I'm getting denied on all fronts. I threatened to go to the AG office with the voicemail(which I claimed to still have) and they aren't budging.

Any ideas?

Try to get the voicemail restored by the carrier?

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 11, 2011, 07:26:06 PM »
is that really possible?

And then what . They think I have the voicemail and they are still denying.

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: 10k MR for adding additional AMEX card
« Reply #427 on: October 11, 2011, 07:45:31 PM »
is that really possible?

And then what . They think I have the voicemail and they are still denying.

Definitely possible, don't know how hard though...

Actually sending it to the AG or BBB or wtvr?

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 11, 2011, 07:50:05 PM »

-29,432 + 30,000 = 568
You are owed 136 points from amex.  :D

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 11, 2011, 07:54:51 PM »
-29,432 + 30,000 = 568
You are owed 136 points from amex.  :D

Lol my bad posted it from my phone.

Quote from: AwardWallet
Amex (Membership Rewards) changed from -29,568 to 432

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #430 on: October 12, 2011, 02:28:31 PM »

Any ideas?

IF (big if) you can get the voicemail back, the Exec CSR would likely have left their direct extension. With that, get in touch with that CSR who promised you and you're golden.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 12, 2011, 02:46:47 PM »
IF (big if) you can get the voicemail back, the Exec CSR would likely have left their direct extension. With that, get in touch with that CSR who promised you and you're golden.

It's possible but won't be easy. This is why I use Google Voice for voicemail :)

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 12, 2011, 03:45:00 PM »
It's possible but won't be easy. This is why I use Google Voice for voicemail :)

Yea, I personally use youmail (same typa deal--all VM's saved to my email).

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 12, 2011, 04:23:12 PM »
Wow. Just logged in to AMEX and saw my 50K posted (10k x 5 AU's). Had to go to exec office.

Offline compddd

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 13, 2011, 11:44:32 PM »
Nice! How many times did you have to call the Exec office before they gave you the points for the AU promo?

Was it for promo 5721?

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #435 on: October 15, 2011, 08:50:27 PM »
Wow. Just logged in to AMEX and saw my 50K posted (10k x 5 AU's). Had to go to exec office.
What number did you call?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 15, 2011, 10:45:25 PM »
What number did you call?

The same # everyone is calling. Just google it.

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 16, 2011, 01:29:56 AM »
I am dealing with the CSR who left the voicemail!! She isn't outright denying that she said that , she says she was explaining why it didn't happen on its own , but I'm not targeted blah blah blah .I think I will have to ratchet it up after Y"T , maybe with a different exec CSR

Offline yaakov s

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 16, 2011, 01:33:52 AM »
was there ever a mention of a requirement of 1K spend per card during your back and forth?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 16, 2011, 01:36:32 AM »
I am dealing with the CSR who left the voicemail!! She isn't outright denying that she said that , she says she was explaining why it didn't happen on its own , but I'm not targeted blah blah blah .I think I will have to ratchet it up after Y"T , maybe with a different exec CSR

You have the VM, how could she deny even if she wanted to?

was there ever a mention of a requirement of 1K spend per card during your back and forth?

No.