DansDeals Forum > General Discussion

AVOID AVOID justfly.com

(1/3) > >>

Jay:
Just wanted to put a word of warning to all members not to book with justfly.com.

I don't see anything current on the forums regarding this, however I was sent to them via kayak.com and assumed them to be trustworthy.  I have booked and cancelled with orbitz previously with no issues and assumed they were no different.

Justfly.com proudly displays a large "FREE 24hr Cancellation" at the top of their booking page (see image)

However when I tried to cancel within this period, via their website they charge a $75 "service fee" to cancel per ticket!

With difficulty and immense patience I spent over an hour reaching a rep who eventually agreed (after almost? hanging up twice on me) to lower it to $25 per ticket.  Which I paid as pure blackmail, to secure my refund.  I intend to dispute their charges but would love to hear if there is any other way around this - as it seems 100% illegal. 

@Dan please warn others on your main page!  There seems to be lots of old posts about this on this other sites, but nothing new and no concrete advice.

Thank you!

ChaimMoskowitz:
I pull up the same flight and it doesn't say "Free". Can you link to where it says "Free"?

Jay:
I just tried it again. Go to justfly.com.  I chose JFK-TLV chose random dates, selected my flights and it's right there. 

I did complain to Kayak and this was their response (my screenshot of their 'popup' is attached):

I was advised by JustFly that during the booking process "The 24 hour cancellation image that was sent has a message that pops-up as also seen in our Terms and Conditions: For U.S. bookings, even if your ticket is nonrefundable:
Within 24 hours of purchase, you may cancel your booking and receive a full refund, subject to our cancellation fees."

JustFly has advised me that as a good will gesture they have refunded the fees.  For further assistance please contact JustFly's service center at 1-800-717-5015.

moish:
A quick Google search could have saved you some anguish

ChaimMoskowitz:
Weird, here is what I get.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version