Author Topic: IPAD 2  (Read 7118 times)

Offline mendoul

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Flying blue Gold Petroleum, BMI Gold, Accord hotel platinium, Avis gold, Aegean Gold
Re: IPAD 2
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 07:54:05 PM »
Very good the ipad 2 dont weit for the 3
mendy

Offline dealvr

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA ExPlat, Qantas Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 08:04:24 PM »
iPad 1 came out 04/10 and iPad 2 came out 03/11.
I would say an iPad 3 would be likely to come out around 04/12 or so.
According to this calculation shouldn't it be around 2/12?

I have the iPad one and absolutely love it.
HBO GO = Best app ever
Hey there! I am using WhatsApp.

Offline Yossi.

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 09:41:14 AM »
According to this calculation shouldn't it be around 2/12?

I ususally keep an eye on the Buyer's Guide over at MacRumors before buying any Apple product. They keep track of every Apple product launch and tell you "on average" when would be a good time to buy...

Also, this report came out yesterday...

Offline Mordy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2012, 10:48:28 AM »
Just be aware of its limitations, and you will love it.

For me, I sometimes need to use my tablet as I do my desktop, and sadly the lack of native flash support and reliance on iTunes totally turned me off.
Mobile Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Visit one of the Tech Blogs I write: http://www.techcitement.com

Offline karen

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2012, 10:50:48 AM »
My ipad 2 photo resolution is not as good as my iphone 4.

Offline Mordy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, 10:50:55 AM »
It takes Apple a long to lower there prices

Actually, Apple is rather famous for NOT lowering their prices. They charge a premium because it ensures that the product retains value in the eyes of the consumer.

There was a (semi) famous story last year that said Steve Jobs wanted to make it illegal to give away free iPads or iPhones as sweepstakes prizes. Why?
Because he didn't want people equating his products with "FREE". As long as the product is worth a certain amount, the perception of value is retained.
That is why even refurbished Macs cost more than similarly spec'ed PCs.

Offline Yossi.

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, 11:07:51 AM »
Actually, Apple is rather famous for NOT lowering their prices. They charge a premium because it ensures that the product retains value in the eyes of the consumer.

There was a (semi) famous story last year that said Steve Jobs wanted to make it illegal to give away free iPads or iPhones as sweepstakes prizes. Why?
Because he didn't want people equating his products with "FREE". As long as the product is worth a certain amount, the perception of value is retained.
That is why even refurbished Macs cost more than similarly spec'ed PCs.

Well they do actually lower their prices when they introduce a new model of their existing product... (i.e. ipad 2 introduction lowered ipad 1 price...)

Offline mercaz1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2012, 11:18:25 AM »
plus when new products are introduced then the apple resellers like macmall will lower their prices so they can make room for new inventory; also apple will intorduce a lot more refurbished models when they come out with a new product

Offline Mordy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 12:53:30 PM »
Well they do actually lower their prices when they introduce a new model of their existing product... (i.e. ipad 2 introduction lowered ipad 1 price...)
plus when new products are introduced then the apple resellers like macmall will lower their prices so they can make room for new inventory; also apple will intorduce a lot more refurbished models when they come out with a new product

Yes, they DO lower their prices to a certain degree. Perhaps I was not clear-
They will almost always be more expensive than a competitor's product. They keep their prices within a certain range, and ensure to never dip below a that margin, lest their products be perceived as worth less money. Its very effective marketing.

I didn't mean to imply that they never do, I meant they are not known for price dropping.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2012, 01:17:20 PM »
Yes, they DO lower their prices to a certain degree. Perhaps I was not clear-
They will almost always be more expensive than a competitor's product. They keep their prices within a certain range, and ensure to never dip below a that margin, lest their products be perceived as worth less money. Its very effective marketing.

I didn't mean to imply that they never do, I meant they are not known for price dropping.

I suspect they also make their products (artificially) scarce to make it seem like there's higher demand than there really is.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Yossi.

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2012, 01:21:02 PM »
Yes, they DO lower their prices to a certain degree.

Well that's more than a certain degree  ;)

They will almost always be more expensive than a competitor's product.

Apple's products cannot be compared to any other competitor's products... that's why even if the iphone 4 came out with features that my 10 years old sony ericsson already had, or their "super slim" macbook air came after that other dozens of ultraslim laptop were on the market... consumers still perceive the Apple brand and its products as revolutionary... but IMHO it is due to the operating system in all of their products, the huge app store and to their marketing technique of "the most super extra gigantic ultra never-seen-before product"

Offline Mordy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2012, 03:11:44 PM »
Well that's more than a certain degree  ;)

That's a subsidized price. And, I heard some rumors about Apple fighting over that, as well. They didn't want the iPhone to ever be considered "free" (see the argument about the iPad giveaways mentioned earlier), as it tarnishes the value of their name brand.

As long as AT&T was the sole provider of the iPhone, they were under contract with Apple to offer products at their determined prices.
Now that the exclusive contract is up with them, AT&T is free to offer whatever prices they want for the hardware. And Apple has no choice but to embrace it.

Apple's products cannot be compared to any other competitor's products... that's why even if the iphone 4 came out with features that my 10 years old sony ericsson already had, or their "super slim" macbook air came after that other dozens of ultraslim laptop were on the market... consumers still perceive the Apple brand and its products as revolutionary... but IMHO it is due to the operating system in all of their products, the huge app store and to their marketing technique of "the most super extra gigantic ultra never-seen-before product"

Yes, and part of that marketing strategy, as I was trying to explain before, is that the products retain a certain price point in the consumer's mind. Other smartphones go on sale within 30 days of being launched. The Samsung Galaxy S II had a brief sale in which it was free with a contract weeks after being released. The whole "you get what you pay for" mentality works wonders on the general consumer mindset, and that perceived quality is retained by also keeping their resale value high.
Buying a Mac laptop retains its value for longer than a similarly priced PC does. Not because the Mac necessarily lasts longer, but because there is so much competition in the PC market, that used/refurb models drop to nothing very quickly.
The fact that they also market themselves as "revolutionary" is part of it as well, no doubt. It all fits together to make truly extraordinary profits for this company that was in danger of going bankrupt not too long ago.

Also, its not the slick OS, because if that were the case WebOS would still be alive and strong. But HP/Palm failed because although they had an excellent product, they didn't have Apple's marketing and perceived value skills.