Author Topic: Thrown off AA flight...  (Read 1387 times)

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Thrown off AA flight...
« on: June 27, 2018, 09:42:06 PM »
A friend of mine was just thrown off of an AA flight. I have the story, but it is obviously from his side, and I don't know all the details.

He was sitting on the plane, door was still open, and talking on his phone. The FA requested that he hang up, to which he replied that he will shortly and that the door is still open. The FA returned a few minutes later and he was still on the phone. Once again the FA requested he get off the phone, saying "the whole plane is waiting for you to get off the phone." He to the person he was talking to, "ok I gotta go, this guy is being a jerk." and hung up. At this point he was asked to take his bags and leave the deplane.

I understand he definitely wasn't exactly in the right here, but we're they within their rights to expel him after he complied? Just looking for some opinions here as far as what he can do, aside from acting nicer next time.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline henche

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Thrown off AA flight...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 09:46:27 PM »
Typical

Offline zow

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 09:57:35 PM »
I think if your friend showed contrition after ejection, they should put him on next flight.  But they don’t really owe him anything.  It is within their right to eject him. 

Now, if he had apologized right on the spot and promised to behave and said I know I was totally wrong and please give me one more chance, I wonder if he could have stayed in his seat and gotten them to give him a break? Their alternative would have been to call security, and I’m sure they wouldn’t want that.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 10:11:21 PM »
Just looking for some opinions here as far as what he can do, aside from acting nicer next time.
Use his brains. Once you step on the plane, like it or not, you become property of the FA.

Offline outinstyle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile