Author Topic: Amex 2014 Terms and Conditions  (Read 30601 times)

Offline elimmm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Amex 2014 Terms and Conditions
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2018, 07:21:21 AM »
Nah, I wouldn't accuse him of that. Elimmm seems like a mentsch. I pm'ed back and forth. This may be the accountant, or unrelated.

just to "clear my name"

I didnt start this thread, @Dan can verify by IP, I am not even in the USA now. I posted a $200 award for this info a week or 2 ago, after someone requested it "urgently" by email. I was promised $200 if I find the info. Since I didnt find it myself, I posted the request on a random thread. (I even PMed Dan, but didnt merit a response :) ) No one threatened me, rather someone sent an email begging for the info to help w taxes for his friend. I PMed back and forth w a few fellow DDFers and everyone was only trying to help.
I dont know why or when the negativity started, but i gave up looking for the requested info a while ago. Apparently this fellow (the OP?) is desperate for the info and upset that people arent responding as he expected. Maybe he feels that people r bargaining w him while he is in a situation w IRS. Either way, I dont know the accountant nor his clients. I was only reposting an urgent request that i got by email.
I wish everyone happy hunting (if the t&c wasnt found yet.) And hope people are more respectful, even when they are desperate for help.
                    Wishing y'all good luck, 
(thanks @yelped for letting 'em know that i didnt start this thread)

Offline gingyguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2018, 07:56:14 AM »
nuu where is @Pointsallday  already ?life is getting boring without him!
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline elimmm

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2018, 08:00:02 AM »
nuu where is @Pointsallday  already ?life is getting boring without him!

maybe he got his info already-  any winners of $1k award?  share the wealth! (or at least show us the screenshot)

Offline gingyguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2018, 08:01:22 AM »
just to "clear my name"

I didnt start this thread, @Dan can verify by IP, I am not even in the USA now. I posted a $200 award for this info a week or 2 ago, after someone requested it "urgently" by email. I was promised $200 if I find the info. Since I didnt find it myself, I posted the request on a random thread. (I even PMed Dan, but didnt merit a response :) ) No one threatened me, rather someone sent an email begging for the info to help w taxes for his friend. I PMed back and forth w a few fellow DDFers and everyone was only trying to help.
I dont know why or when the negativity started, but i gave up looking for the requested info a while ago. Apparently this fellow (the OP?) is desperate for the info and upset that people arent responding as he expected. Maybe he feels that people r bargaining w him while he is in a situation w IRS. Either way, I dont know the accountant nor his clients. I was only reposting an urgent request that i got by email.
I wish everyone happy hunting (if the t&c wasnt found yet.) And hope people are more respectful, even when they are desperate for help.
                    Wishing y'all good luck, 
you only merit a response if you threaten him
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2018, 08:27:47 AM »
just to "clear my name"

Wishing y'all good luck, 
People on DDF are more than happy to help someone in need. But to curse someone who is trying to help simply  because you don't like the answer is not a course of action that will engender future assistance.

FWIW, if OP (or his client, or whoever) is having difficulty with the IRS, I hope he  finds the answer for which he's looking.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2018, 08:42:08 AM »
I don't share this stuff normally, but he did threaten to post it, so I may as well post it first.
Have fun trying to help this guy with helpful advice as I did...

Speechless.

As @henche will likely tell you, OP needs a tax lawyer, not an accountant anymore.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline elimmm

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2018, 08:47:30 AM »
you only merit a response if you threaten him

dont give away dan's secret...  now that we all know how to grab his attention we will have to up the ante to get him to respond in the future

Offline Pointsallday

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2018, 08:47:47 AM »
I’m
Sorry if anyone felt threatened that was not my intention I feel the focus is in the writing my area I’m
Sorry if spelling on my phone typing while I was driving wasn’t up to par with expectations
The focus shouldn’t be on why or what but rather how we can help this person
Yes he was. Big biz he sold millions of points every year to one of the big Jewish point companies that is why irs is giving him issues on that income
Again when they decide to audit and they are out to get you they can make u crazy about bunch of small issues and than use it to paint bigger picture the other issues we are resolving and are way easier this si someh Big I have no access to this paper and is not my industry at all but like I said above it says theses words in every country that they age no cash value and even in USA it says under every offer that value depends on use so until I find full rewards terms from 2014 or before not one random page and not someone saying they hve full terms and trying to force us to pay 5k which is taking advantage ppl should give for free but to motivate ppl we are offering nice money again the full terms that came with Plat card is not the full reward terms that can only be found online or because waynack machine whenever clicking on full reward terms do USA either is missing or redirect 20 times till page stops or redirects to anytime past oct 2015 therefore I hve asked this fourum if ppl that are very into credit card offers for someone that might have an actual offer that came in mail in around 2014 that would have saved the second  and third page of the offer that would say the value of the points I Remember myself seeing it when my client asked me about reporting the points etc I looked up terms than and it said points have no cash value I therefore told him than there sound be no issues now my client is blming me saying u said so and I can’t back up what I found than with anything online or any saved papers as my client never sav d any offers that came into mail as he wasn’t really a card offer guy just got lots of points from biz spending I hope this is clear enough let’s keep it civil u guys are all great ppl I’m sorry for any hostility but please if u can help by all means do and if u can’t than please don’t convince other ppl not too not sure what the point of that is
Thank you and good day u can direct private messages at harveykaplan99@gmail.com I will not be responding to this fourum anymore as I’m legit trying to help someone out and some ppl wanna sit down with box of popcorn and enjoy the show to the person involved it’s audits are very scary and a serious thing and he feels the pressure and I take his pressure seriously and was persanoly told by irs that if we bring this terms showing no cash value USA it will wipe off this area all those great arguments ppl have was already given over just  didn’t do the job even though I wish it would have

Offline ben89

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2018, 09:23:49 AM »
I’m
Sorry if anyone felt threatened that was not my intention I feel the focus is in the writing my area I’m
Sorry if spelling on my phone typing while I was driving wasn’t up to par with expectations
Yes he was. Big biz he sold millions of points every year to one of the big Jewish point companies that is why irs is giving him issues on that income
Again when they decide to audit and they are out to get you they can make u crazy about bunch of small issues and than use it to paint bigger picture the other issues we are resolving and are way easier this si someh Big I have no access to this paper and is not my industry at all but like I said above it says theses words in every country that they age no cash value and even in USA it says under every offer that value depends on use so until I find full rewards terms from 2014 or before not one random page and not someone saying they hve full terms and trying to force us to pay 5k which is taking advantage ppl should give for free but to motivate ppl we are offering nice money again the full terms that came with Plat card is not the full reward terms that can only be found online or because waynack machine whenever clicking on full reward terms do USA either is missing or redirect 20 times till page stops or redirects to anytime past oct 2015 therefore I hve asked this fourum if ppl that are very into credit card offers for someone that might have an actual offer that came in mail in around 2014 that would have saved the second  and third page of the offer that would say the value of the points I Remember myself seeing it when my client asked me about reporting the points etc I looked up terms than and it said points have no cash value I therefore told him than there sound be no issues now my client is blming me saying u said so and I can’t back up what I found than with anything online or any saved papers as my client never sav d any offers that came into mail as he wasn’t really a card offer guy just got lots of points from biz spending I hope this is clear enough let’s keep it civil u guys are all great ppl I’m sorry for any hostility but please if u can help by all means do and if u can’t than please don’t convince other ppl not too not sure what the point of that is
Thank you and good day u can direct private messages at harveykaplan99@gmail.com I will not be responding to this fourum anymore as I’m legit trying to help someone out and some ppl wanna sit down with box of popcorn and enjoy the show to the person involved it’s audits are very scary and a serious thing and he feels the pressure and I take his pressure seriously and was persanoly told by irs that if we bring this terms showing no cash value USA it will wipe off this area all those great arguments ppl have was already given over just  didn’t do the job even though I wish it would have
this you also wrote when you were driving?

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2018, 09:33:52 AM »
My eyes hurt.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2018, 09:39:39 AM »
That was one long sentence.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2018, 09:41:52 AM »
I’m
I have the T&C's from 12/2013. No where does it say anything about the value of the points one way or the other. If it did I would gladly give them to you to help. Anyone here that has dealt with me knows the 5k was a joke. I would not charge you a single dime, that is just who I am.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2018, 09:42:08 AM »
That was one long sentence.

I wouldn't know. I stopped halfway through.

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2018, 09:43:08 AM »
I have the T&C's from 12/2013. No where does it say anything about the value of the points one way or the other. If it did I would gladly give them to you to help. Anyone here that has dealt with me knows the 5k was a joke. I would not charge you a single dime, that is just who I am.

Now I am pissed I never did your 30k NDA  >:(

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2018, 09:45:48 AM »
Hasn’t it been established that selling points for cash isn’t considered a “rebate” anymore ?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2018, 09:46:45 AM »
As @henche will likely tell you, OP needs a tax lawyer, not an accountant anymore.
...and the tax lawyer will tell him something he will not like.

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2018, 09:48:00 AM »
Hasn’t it been established that selling points for cash isn’t considered a “rebate” anymore ?
Non MSed points? Hasn't been established here.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2018, 09:50:18 AM »
Non MSed points? Hasn't been established here.
There is no difference.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2018, 09:52:36 AM »
Let's just say that I am happy this is not my accountant.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2018, 09:53:07 AM »

There is no difference.

The case may be different when you are MSing, as it is what I believe is called an extension of wealth, that when you walk out with more money then you came in with you have income.

(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch