Author Topic: Sprint TEP (Total Equipment Protection) Open Enrollment Until 08/31  (Read 2205 times)

Offline HSS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, BMI Silver, Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Didn't see this posted here yet but figured it may be helpful to some of y'all...

If you opted out of the Total Equipment Protection (TEP) program for Sprint devices at the time of purchase, Sprint is having open enrollment for customers from 8/1 - 8/31. The cost is now $8/mo, per line of service for coverage. Sprint's TEP provides coverage against loss, theft, and damage.

Enroll at http://www.tepenroll.com, or call 877-663-6250, or at any Sprint B&M store.

Supposedly I have heard Dan report that if you have a non 4G smartphone (i.e palm centro, etc.) and was grandfathered in before the $10/mo smartphone "tax" began, then if your phone is lost or damaged and you get it replaced through insurance you will not have to start paying that extra $10/mo whereas otherwise if you were to ever activate a new phone on that line even if its the same phone model you would have to start paying that $10/month. (Dan please correct me if I'm incorrect...)

Hope this is helpful to some of you!

HSS

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Sprint TEP (Total Equipment Protection) Open Enrollment Until 08/31
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 12:57:16 AM »
Didn't see this posted here yet but figured it may be helpful to some of y'all...

If you opted out of the Total Equipment Protection (TEP) program for Sprint devices at the time of purchase, Sprint is having open enrollment for customers from 8/1 - 8/31. The cost is now $8/mo, per line of service for coverage. Sprint's TEP provides coverage against loss, theft, and damage.

Enroll at http://www.tepenroll.com, or call 877-663-6250, or at any Sprint B&M store.

Supposedly I have heard Dan report that if you have a non 4G smartphone (i.e palm centro, etc.) and was grandfathered in before the $10/mo smartphone "tax" began, then if your phone is lost or damaged and you get it replaced through insurance you will not have to start paying that extra $10/mo whereas otherwise if you were to ever activate a new phone on that line even if its the same phone model you would have to start paying that $10/month. (Dan please correct me if I'm incorrect...)
Hope this is helpful to some of you!
HSS

Is there a deductible with TEP?

Offline HSS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, BMI Silver, Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 01:30:11 AM »
Is there a deductible with TEP?
I think it used to be $50 across the board, but I believe I saw it may be $100 for some of the newer smartphones... For some reason that www.tepenroll.com site is sorely lacking info about the program kinda strange imho...

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 01:37:15 AM »
I think it used to be $50 across the board, but I believe I saw it may be $100 for some of the newer smartphones... For some reason that www.tepenroll.com site is sorely lacking info about the program kinda strange imho...

The info will just turn you away... At $8/month with $100incident deductible, it's almost not worth it (considering they often give you a refurbished device).
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline aussiebochur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 04:39:08 AM »
The info will just turn you away... At $8/month with $100incident deductible, it's almost not worth it (considering they often give you a refurbished device).
If you put through a claim once a year, $196 is much cheaper then you can find some of the top smartphones for...

Offline muttman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 09:50:07 AM »
If you put through a claim once a year, $196 is much cheaper then you can find some of the top smartphones for...

You can purchase most refurbished phones for around that price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MINT-SPRINT-HTC-EVO-4G-ANDROID-WIFI-CAMERA-CELL-PHONE-/150644796357?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item2313212bc5#ht_2365wt_1185
I take no responsibility for the results of your actions

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 10:40:42 AM »

You can purchase most refurbished phones for around that price.

+1

And you only pay if you have a claim.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline elikay

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 01:48:49 PM »
It is a total waste of money