Author Topic: JJ1000's 10,000 Post Featuring: A day in the life of Dan, Giveaway, & More  (Read 55603 times)

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
It's hard to imagine I joined DDF over 10 years ago, of course this was after I made the first comment on DDMS 14 years ago and joining ctown forums after that.

I really can't begin to count the memories I have here on DDF, one that comes ot mind is the first major DO where @Dan @AsherO @BrooklynCPA @Mikeoracle @Smirk @MOSES @whYME @yare @Avid Reader @Chachem Balaileh @mancunian @yid @SuperFlyer all had an amazing time.

Picture of the DO:

Back at that DO no one really knew who I was, besides that I was the guy who started the jokes thread, which I must say was one of my finest additions to DDF ;)

Since that DO I have made countless friends and received countless favors from DDF members, who truly are like family.

Some that come to mind.

@rots5 and @moish putting me up in Israel while @moishebatchy offered my friends and I extra sheets for our stay, this was of course when we went with the first El AL glitch tickets. @SamKey For hooking up his apartment for Pesach and @Emkay for some awesome kugel, that I am pretty sure had an ok hechsher. @Chaikel for setting up a sweet Jamaican honeymoon.

@steve2 and the fights other new comers used to love to pick like @AJK when he was a total troll back in the day and @HelpMe who IMO had no idea what he fell into when he got here, and I'd like to think was very happy that he stayed.

@TimT is always there to offer some advice and is obviously the best searcher on DDF, @AsherO and @aussiebochur used to be that helpful guy until he got too busy for us ;)

Of course there was @JEWDA who it's still hard to believe isn't here anymore, going to his widows house the day after my Lchaim/vort with my then fiance will always be very special to me. The way DDF comes together when someone is in need (@SBS thread) is so heart touching it's hard to explain.

@mileagejunkie @Marco Polo @myi @YossieW @stooges44 @davidmal @Yaalili @B.D.Da'ehu @ben89 and of course @Davidthebest are my 100 HT club peeps, and have helped ignite the great deals we post every day to help tens of thousands of people save (and maybe spend) money every day. I really appreciate every deal that's sent to us and that's posted on DDF.

I couldn't possibly remember all of the countless nights I stayed up to argue with someone that was wrong about the most random things imaginable. @churnbabychurn @ExGingi @aygart @ChaimMoskowitz and of course many others can always be counted on for some good popcorn when it's needed. And @sky121 can always be counted on for a balanced and positive view on any subject.

Some dude coming along looking to sell a stinky old fish tank has drastically improved the trip reports and photography skills of DDF, hats off to you @Something Fishy.

@DH Data Recovery practically owned the tech deals on ddf at one point, and he @chevron and @txtmax4  are always good for a wine recommendation.

Wrigley softball DO with @SrulyS @Moes Tavern @Redbull3 @MosheD @EJB @chucksterace @Bentch @grodnoking @AJK @Yitzshpitz @Dan@Yodai Dooma @ShmulieCFS @JTZ

One day I may even meet @henche though that is likely IMPOSSIBLE.

Big shoutout to @BAHayman, @Eli, and @Suave for making DDMS/DDF able to run and be what it is today thanks to them!

The first DDF shidduch was super cool @Lou Bob @MC to many more, spending shabbos together in Aruba on the Hyatt Price Mistake was awesome.

Crazy to imagine there are over 300 members with 1,000+ posts so my apologies, I'm sure I missed many memories.

I made a thread asking what I should do for my 10,000 post, and I will try to do most of them below.

Enjoy :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A typical day in the life of Dan:

Some names and identifying details have been changed to protect the privacy of individuals.

Dan wakes up from an amazing night's rest on his W Hotel mattress. and tell his Echo Dot which he got for free to turn on the Breville Coffee Maker plugged into his smart plug.

Get into hisNissan Altima and take the quick 2 minute drive to shachris.

After davening, @AJK texts Dan that AA has a Price Mistake to LA in F for $5, if they buys it in the airport and flies today. Naturally Dan just heads straight to the airport and boards the flight to LA. On the plane there is a dog next to him, which was strange at first until he realized it was just @meshugener flying in F as well.

In LAX Dan visits the United lounge, which he has free access to with his lifetime membership and his JMPRCC. He picks up his rental from Silver Car and heads to Tierra Sur for the Lunch DO.

In LA @Yehoshua @Cholentfresser @Yaalili @PlatinumGuy @yehuda @D93 @etech0 @ilherman and @David Smith all meet up for the DO.

All of a sudden Barto walks in and instinctively, the group makes a beeline for the door. But before they can bail, he stops them...And says he planned the AA Price Mistake in order to get a face to face with Dan after all these years.

Barto has realized after years of being the bad guy, he just wanted to hang out with the cool kids on DDF from the olden days like @Drago @Saver2000 @Cbs @Q274 @MarkS @aussiebochur , @chuchem and @myb821, he said even though it's @noturbizniss but he left his old job and as he was leaving he reinstated all the damage he's done over the years, returning millions of miles to their rightful owners.

Everyone was very happy and had drinks all around as well as
steak
grilled to perfection.

After Lunch Dan drives back to the airport and rushes to catch his flight home as he realizes it is almost time for his UPS delivery. On the plane he uses the on board Wi-Fi to make some posts and read DDF (this is actually what takes up 18 hours of the day every day, besides shabbos).

He makes it home just in time to receive his UPS delivery of US Mint coins. He had set up delayed delivery back in 2009 and every day since then he has been receiving a $10k shipment of US Mint coins shipped via the UPS Method. To date this has netted a cool 30,000,000+ SPG points.

At the end of the day he reflect on life and remembers what is really important and what he is thankful for.

Now it's time to count to 10,000 and fall asleep.

(This is a fairly typical day)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just some simple tricks for car rental status.

You can get free Sixt Platinum status when you sign up with this link. Once you confirm your email address you can login and instantly get your card online that shows you as Platinum.

Then match that status to National and hopefully get Executive elite, possibly Executive. https://status.emeraldclub.com/ (Can also apply here directly for executive)

Then email Hertz Simply enroll in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Program then provide proof of your identity and proof of status with other car rental companies via email to hertzstatusmatch@hertz.com

And apply for Enterprise Platinum here.

Avis you can try via social media or calling sometimes.

Fell free to add more matches in the comments.
A quick chazara of all my posts: Your attitude is what decides your mood, not what's going on. You can have a trip ruined if something goes wrong, or it can become one of the most memorable trips of your life. Roll with the punches. Always have a healthy dose of cynicism. Understand that someone with beliefs to the right of you or the left of you aren't wrong, just different, a rainbow would be pretty ugly with just one color. Enjoy life and always cherish what's most important to you, and try to keep that in mind every second of every day.

As a last note I'd like to do a small giveaway. just comment on this thread and I'll choose one winner to get a Google Home Mini and another winner to get the best card games IMO being Codenames and Monopoly Deal.

I can't thank DDF enough for giving me all the opportunities life has to offer, from making friends, traveling the world, to supporting my family, I couldn't do any of it without this truly amazing community.

Just to end off with a special thanks to Dan for starting it all and giving me the opportunity to grow the site and live the blessed life that I do.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 01:27:38 PM by jj1000 »
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline JACKBLUE

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Wow! Wow! And again Wow!!!

Offline Cholentfresser

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
This is great!!!
In order to understand recursion, you first need to understand recursion.

Offline Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
after all the anticipation for the 10,000th post you absolutely did it justice!! congrats and to many more!
#TYH

Offline emineh17

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Guess I'm not active enough to get a shout out  :'(

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Bravo!! Bravo!!

Offline chevron

• View Profile
First off, I contribute more to popcorn thread than to wine thread.

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Did dan or jj write this? Regardless, Mazal tov!

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
How dare you call my fish tank stinky.

I'm off to CTF.
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline chevron

• View Profile
I almost met @henche he was on my AC glitch flight YYZ to tlv

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
EPIC!!!!!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
Mazal tov!
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline davidmal

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 239
    • View Profile
Wow. Great post.

and great way to end all the anticipation from...

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=93827.msg1955876#msg1955876

I think You'll have less people burning your jersey after todays announcement.
It's almost as if your returning to Cleveland....
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
Had a nice good laugh.
Glad you like steak.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Now we see how many people just comment randomly to get in on the giveaway 😝
Jk, really cool post, here's to another 10k!
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline davidmal

• View Profile
EPIC!!!!!
Well said.
Awesome Job well worth the Hype.
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
#TrollTillIDie
#AJKtheGlitchFinder
#AJK4SCOTUS
#AJKBelieveTheHype
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline davidmal

• View Profile
#TrollTillIDie
#AJKtheGlitchFinder
#AJK4SCOTUS
#AJKBelieveTheHype
not so popular all coming out 0 tweets on twitter and DDF (now 1)
-DMC

Offline MarkS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Amazing writing! I was worried that I didn't make it into the post but see ya squeezed me in at the end.