Author Topic: Power BI  (Read 844 times)

Offline Zubda

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Power BI
« on: July 09, 2018, 04:30:13 PM »
Hi all, I don't yet see a Microsoft Power BI topic so I decided to start the first one.

Any help please with connecting to a remote MySQL database? I have a MySQL database on a remote server that I can connect with ssh, I don't want to enable remote access to the DB itself just wondering if there is a way using M to connect using my DB credentials and the ssh token, or maybe a custom PQ connector, or if anyone can steer me in the right way on using ODBC to connect to MySQL and then I'll connect to the ODBC with PBI.
Thanks

P.s. I already installed the mysql-connector-net... And still isn't working

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Power BI
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 05:45:03 PM »
Hi all, I don't yet see a Microsoft Power BI topic so I decided to start the first one.

Any help please with connecting to a remote MySQL database? I have a MySQL database on a remote server that I can connect with ssh, I don't want to enable remote access to the DB itself just wondering if there is a way using M to connect using my DB credentials and the ssh token, or maybe a custom PQ connector, or if anyone can steer me in the right way on using ODBC to connect to MySQL and then I'll connect to the ODBC with PBI.
Thanks

P.s. I already installed the mysql-connector-net... And still isn't working
Try tagging the tech guys. (I can't on Tapa)

Offline Zubda

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Power BI
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 09:47:10 AM »
Try tagging the tech guys. (I can't on Tapa)
Thanks for the reply! Sorry but I don't know what you meant by the 'tech guys'. Can you please steer me in the right direction?