Author Topic: Build-A-Bear Pay Your Age Day 7/12/18  (Read 4773 times)

Offline voldemort

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Build-A-Bear Pay Your Age Day 7/12/18
« on: July 09, 2018, 10:19:30 PM »
Build-A-Bear is having a “pay your age day” on July 12th.
Must be a bonus club member(free to join).
Minimum price is $1

https://www.buildabear.com/brand-about-events.html

Full FAQ.

“PAY YOUR AGE DAY FAQS
Do I to bring a form of identification to verify my age?
You do not need to present formal identification to participate in the offer. Tell a store associate how old you are on July 12, and you will be able to pay your current age for a furry friend.

Can I pay my child’s/children’s age for a furry friend I want to purchase?
Yes – you may pay the age of any and all children who are with you in the store. This offer is valid for one furry friend per Guest who is present in the store on July 12, and who is accompanying a Bonus Club member or adult over the age of 18 who signs up to become a Bonus Club member.

Does my child need to sign up for Build-A-Bear Bonus Club if I want to pay his/her age?
Guests must be 18 years old or older to sign up for Build-A-Bear Bonus Club; therefore, children under 18 are not required to sign up for Bonus Club. They need only accompany a Bonus Club member, or an adult over the age of 18 who signs up to become a Bonus Club member, in order to participate in the Pay Your Age Day event.

Is this offer available in all countries?
This offer is available in all U.S., Canada and U.K. Build-A-Bear Workshop stores.

How many furry friends can I purchase with this offer?
This offer is valid for one furry friend per Guest present in the store on July 12.

This offer seems too good to be true—are there any exclusions?
Exact product assortment varies slightly by store location; however, this offer is valid on any Make-Your-Own furry friend that is in stock in the Workshop on July 12.

What if my age is higher than the price of the furry friend I want to purchase?
On July 12 only, none of our U.S./Canada in-store Guests will be a day over 29 years old—meaning that no matter their age, Guests will pay no more than $29 USD / $29 CAD (plus tax) for any furry friend in stock in the store. A Guest who is 40 years old, for example, will only pay $29 for a furry friend valued at $35.

Can I pay less than $1 / £1 if my child is less than 1 year old?
The minimum price for this offer is $1 USD / £1 GBP / $1 CAD. A Guest may not pay less than this price for any furry friend, regardless of the Guest’s age or his/her child’s age.

I don’t live near a Build-A-Bear Workshop store. Can I still participate?
We understand that not all of our Guests live within driving distance of our stores, and therefore, not all are able to celebrate with us in person. We will have future events that are offered online, but this special offer is only available in the Workshop.

Can I purchase a furry friend unstuffed and come back to stuff it later?
Yes—U.S. and Canada Guests can pay their age for an unstuffed furry friend and come back to have the full Build-A-Bear Workshop experience at a later date. However, our Pokémon plush may not be purchased unstuffed.

I can’t make it in to a store on July 12—can I come back and participate another day or obtain a voucher to use another day?
The Build-A-Bear Workshop Pay Your Age Day offer is valid only on July 12, 2018. There are no vouchers available for this offer to be used at a later date.

Can expecting mothers participate in this offer?
Guests under 1 year can pay $1/£1, however this Thursday’s Pay Your Age day deal offer is designed for children who can enjoy the fun of Build-A-Bear Workshop. With that in mind, we look forward to celeBEARating your child’s birthday any time during their birthday month with our new Count Your Candles program where the age they are turning is how much their new Birthday Treat bear will cost! More information on this program is coming soon!”

Offline This is who I am

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: Build-A-Bear Pay Your Age Day 7/12/18
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 11:52:53 AM »
Important Update - Pay Your Age Day
July 12, 2018

Per local authorities, we cannot accept additional Guests at our U.S. Build-A-Bear Workshop locations due to crowd and safety concerns

We have closed lines in our U.S. stores. We understand some of our Guests are disappointed and we will reach out directly as soon as possible.
“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”

Offline stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 12:03:27 PM »
Yup I heard they cut it which is understandable, this woulda put them out of business 
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline Geshmak25

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 12:10:50 PM »
Yup I heard they cut it which is understandable, this woulda put them out of business
Not sure that's true. Only the bears themselves would have cost the age, all of the add-ons would have been regularly priced. If the have limited/no stock of $10+ bears then they probably wouldve done fine.
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline keepsmiling123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UR, SPG, MR, UA
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 12:45:49 PM »
Should have been marketed as pay your child's age for bear and must buy one accessory as well in order to qualify.  Or they could've done an ongoing promotion for an email certificate to get a bear at the cost of your child's age on the child's b-day month w/ proof of b-day and purchase of an accessory. They'd have gotten people in the doors but not as crazy a turnout that they'd have to cancel the promo altogether after a couple hours.

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 12:48:52 PM »
Should have been marketed as pay your child's age for bear and must buy one accessory as well in order to qualify.  Or they could've done an ongoing promotion for an email certificate to get a bear at the cost of your child's age on the child's b-day month w/ proof of b-day and purchase of an accessory. They'd have gotten people in the doors but not as crazy a turnout that they'd have to cancel the promo altogether after a couple hours.
According to a recent email, they do offer pay your child's age during the month of bday.
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline how

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 02:45:50 PM »

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 03:06:03 PM »
In response, we distributed vouchers to Guests, who were present in lines, to be redeemed for a future purchase. We are now making vouchers available to our U.S. and Canada Build-A-Bear Bonus Club members, who log into their account by midnight CST on Sunday, July 15, 2018. Vouchers related to this event will be honored through August 31, 2018.

It is our sincere desire for all of our Guests to enjoy the best Build-A-Bear experience possible. As such, our goal with the voucher extension is to enable us to better flow traffic to the stores over the next several weeks to avoid long lines and wait times as much as possible. Therefore, we strongly encourage Guests to consider delaying their next planned trip to Build-A-Bear, and we appreciate everyone’s understanding and patience in this matter.

Build-A-Bear Workshop takes seriously the privilege of providing our valued Guests with an opportunity to make a furry friend. It is with that spirit that we created our Pay Your Age Day event and the new, year-long Count Your Candles birthday program, where kids 14 and under can “pay their age” for our new Birthday Treats bear during their birthday month.

Thank you for your passion and continued suppor
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline 6girls

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 03:32:57 PM »
In response, we distributed vouchers to Guests, who were present in lines, to be redeemed for a future purchase. We are now making vouchers available to our U.S. and Canada Build-A-Bear Bonus Club members, who log into their account by midnight CST on Sunday, July 15, 2018. Vouchers related to this event will be honored through August 31, 2018.

It is our sincere desire for all of our Guests to enjoy the best Build-A-Bear experience possible. As such, our goal with the voucher extension is to enable us to better flow traffic to the stores over the next several weeks to avoid long lines and wait times as much as possible. Therefore, we strongly encourage Guests to consider delaying their next planned trip to Build-A-Bear, and we appreciate everyone’s understanding and patience in this matter.

Build-A-Bear Workshop takes seriously the privilege of providing our valued Guests with an opportunity to make a furry friend. It is with that spirit that we created our Pay Your Age Day event and the new, year-long Count Your Candles birthday program, where kids 14 and under can “pay their age” for our new Birthday Treats bear during their birthday month.

Thank you for your passion and continued suppor
How does that help me if I was planning to go with 3 kids, ages 1, 3, & 5? And it's only valid once per account?

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 03:37:08 PM »
How does that help me if I was planning to go with 3 kids, ages 1, 3, & 5? And it's only valid once per account?
Better than nothing...
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline Meno

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 03:43:17 PM »
Important Update - Pay Your Age Day
July 12, 2018

Per local authorities, we cannot accept additional Guests at our U.S. Build-A-Bear Workshop locations due to crowd and safety concerns

We have closed lines in our U.S. stores. We understand some of our Guests are disappointed and we will reach out directly as soon as possible.

Don't really get what they were thinking. What did they expect to happen?

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 06:06:10 PM »
It was actually closed by authorities, but have been reopened, at least in some locations. My wife is currently in the store getting a $2 bear for my son, and a $1 one for my unborn child. They gave out $15 coupons for everyone who was in line when it was shut down, but reopened the line later. DW got 2 $15 vouchers and still got the pay your age deal. Guess I'll get $30 worth of accessories next visit.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline 6girls

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2018, 08:00:31 PM »
It was actually closed by authorities, but have been reopened, at least in some locations. My wife is currently in the store getting a $2 bear for my son, and a $1 one for my unborn child. They gave out $15 coupons for everyone who was in line when it was shut down, but reopened the line later. DW got 2 $15 vouchers and still got the pay your age deal. Guess I'll get $30 worth of accessories next visit.
I believe the vouchers are for bears "furry friends" only and can't be used for accessories. But let us know...

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 08:12:41 PM »
I believe the vouchers are for bears "furry friends" only and can't be used for accessories. But let us know...
Makes no difference now, apparently they got lost on the way home

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018, 08:24:38 PM »
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2018, 08:53:28 PM »
What did the voucher look like?

https://www.dansdeals.com/more/free-stuff/get-15-off-15-build-bear-stores-pay-age-birthday-bear-birth-month/
DW says that's what it looked like. Well, losing it hurts less now. Just looked at her receipt, she checked out at 5:48PM (central) which is well past their "cancelation".

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2018, 05:24:27 PM »
https://www.buildabear.com/count-your-candles.html?

They seem to offer your age price of it's your birthday.

Offline beeweegee

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 06:46:35 PM »