Author Topic: US passport in Israel- Do they have access to your address?  (Read 2868 times)

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Re: US passport in Israel- Do they have access to your address?
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2018, 12:02:34 AM »
My father left Israel at age 12. Took them over 50 years to figure that out. I have never once been bothered about it and did 2 trips last year with not a word from them after they figured out my father left in the 60's. My son is there now in yeshiva. Didnt say a word to him. My brother is an Israeli citizen lives there and serves (on miluim as we speak) and still nothing. I think youre giving them too much credit. Or making a mountain out of a molehill.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline ludmila

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2018, 12:54:59 AM »
like this
Yes, mine is exactly the same wording  but in blue , same color as the USA or Israeli passport.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline ludmila

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2018, 12:59:36 AM »
I found this on the San Francisco Israeli consulate site, from what I understand you should be able to get the regular passport if you visit Israel after the 10 years you will be entitled to a passport. I have been to Israel at least 3 times every year for the last few years. I guess the Chicago consulate never updated me.

What is a laissez passer / travel document and to whom are they issued?
A laissez passer / travel document is issued in place of a passport for Israeli citizens in exceptional circumstances. Laissez passer / travel documents are ineligible for the visa exemptions that apply to Israeli passports. In other words, Israeli laissez passer / travel document holders are required to obtain a visa before visiting any country besides Israel. Israel is the only country that laissez passer / travel document holders can enter/exit without a visa. A laissez passer / travel document is normally valid for two years, and may be extended up to five years since the date it was first issued.
Circumstances in which a laissez passer / travel document may be issued include:
A. Israeli citizens who have stayed more than ten years abroad (once you visit Israel you will be entitled to a passport).
B. Naturalized Israeli citizens who do not demonstrate intent to settle in Israel.
C. Israeli citizens who have lost or destroyed two or more passports in a period of ten years
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2018, 04:14:53 PM »
Can anyone direct me what to do if US Embassy in Jlem isn't showing any available appointments? Looking to apply for new infant passport.
"Not all who wander are lost"