Author Topic: US passport in Israel- Do they have access to your address?  (Read 2817 times)

Offline henryr

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Does Israel know your home address when they see your passport? I know Passports don't have addresses, but do they somehow have access?

If one Parent was born in Israel, but the parent left Israel before getting married, they technically wouldn't know if they got married or had kids.
Back when I last visited Israel 10 -12 years ago, my parent had never been to Israel since getting married, so when I was there they had no way of knowing if any of my parents are Israeli.

In the last few years, my parents have been to Israel, although they were never asked if/who are their kids. I've also had siblings go without issues.

My question is, does the US share the address on passports, so that Israel may one day decide to match up addresses and last names, and try to question if we are Israeli. (it would just maybe complicate things for my kids down the line, as Im too old anyways to serve..)

---
I am also aware that if its 15 years since your passport was issued, you need to start a brand new application for a new passport. On the other hand, if it was issued within the last 15 years you can renew much easier by sending your old passport. I'm assuming that if they renew your old passport, you would get the same passport number, while if you need to start a new application it would be a new number.
Is this assumption true?

My thinking is that if its a new passport number, and I'm now living in a different address than 10 years ago, it would be harder for some Israeli computer to match me to my old address where my parents live. On the other hand it's a much bigger pain to start a brand new application for a passport.

So, I've asked a few questions here, and if you you know any answers to the above questions, would be much appreciated.

BUT MY MAIN QUESTION IS, CAN I JUST RENEW MY CURRENT PASSPORT, SINCE ISRAEL DOESN'T KNOW ANYONE'S ADDRESSES FROM A PASSPORT ANYWAYS, OR DO I NEED TO WAIT FOR MY PASSPORT TO PASS 15 YEARS SINCE BEING ISSUED IN ORDER TO GET A BRAND NEW PASSPORT, SO THAT THEY SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO LINK MY NEW PASSPORT TO MY OLD PASSPORT?

Its possible that some of what I asked or assumed my be nonsense, so please help me clarify any of the above, so I can decide what to do.

Thank you.

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
Re: US passport in Israel- Do they have access to your address?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 09:34:58 PM »
The only thing I can add is if you have been living in the USA for many years-not sure of how many-and Israel is no longer your home-that is spend in Israel more than 6 months a year, have family, apartment or house, bank accounts etc- when you renew your 10 year Israeli passport they will give you an Israeli Travel Document, first time good for 1 year, next renewal good for 2 years, it says you are an Israeli citizen, gives you the right to enter Israel as an Israeli, BUT you lose all the no visa travel to most countries that comes with the Israeli passport. To get back a 10 year Israeli passport you need to live in Israel for more than 6 months, I think this was done to prevent people from collecting benefits like health insurance and pension etc.
If anyone has better info on this please post. In the Chicago Consulate , 5 years ago, they guaranteed me a 10 year passport since I was born in Israel, but they lied, I received the Israeli Travel Document instead, many Israelis I know had the same experience.

Sorry, I am not sure about if they know your address or not with collaboration with the US.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline henryr

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 04:28:23 PM »
Does anyone have a answer to my question, if its worth it to wait 15 years since passport was issued in order to get a new one (with a new number?), or does it make zero difference, since Israel or any foreign country doesn't see the address you originally applied with your passport?

Online a mirrer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 07:30:52 AM »
Does anyone have a answer to my question, if its worth it to wait 15 years since passport was issued in order to get a new one (with a new number?), or does it make zero difference, since Israel or any foreign country doesn't see the address you originally applied with your passport?
us passports always generate a new number regardless of if its within 15 years or not

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 07:48:10 AM »
us passports always generate a new number regardless of if its within 15 years or not
+1

Offline shwarmabob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 09:38:30 AM »
Why are you concerned if they match you with your address?

Offline shwarmabob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 03:07:56 PM »
I know bachurim who went to visit/study with their US passport even though the parents are also Israeli citizens and Israelis never figured this out or did not say anything.

Offline henryr

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 04:18:03 PM »
Good to know.

Offline henryr

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 05:13:43 PM »
I know bachurim who went to visit/study with their US passport even though the parents are also Israeli citizens and Israelis never figured this out or did not say anything.
The question is why not? Do they not have access to addresses, and therefore no way to tie this child to the Israeli parent, or do they just ignore it?

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 05:48:10 PM »
The only thing I can add is if you have been living in the USA for many years-not sure of how many-and Israel is no longer your home-that is spend in Israel more than 6 months a year, have family, apartment or house, bank accounts etc- when you renew your 10 year Israeli passport they will give you an Israeli Travel Document, first time good for 1 year, next renewal good for 2 years, it says you are an Israeli citizen, gives you the right to enter Israel as an Israeli, BUT you lose all the no visa travel to most countries that comes with the Israeli passport. To get back a 10 year Israeli passport you need to live in Israel for more than 6 months, I think this was done to prevent people from collecting benefits like health insurance and pension etc.
If anyone has better info on this please post. In the Chicago Consulate , 5 years ago, they guaranteed me a 10 year passport since I was born in Israel, but they lied, I received the Israeli Travel Document instead, many Israelis I know had the same experience.

Sorry, I am not sure about if they know your address or not with collaboration with the US.
I don't think they still offer the "travel document" CMIIW.
Was this recently? they're catching more lately.

Offline shwarmabob

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 07:53:15 PM »
I don't think they still offer the "travel document" CMIIW.
They give you a red travel document.
Was this recently? they're catching more lately.
one of them is in yeshiva in Israel right now

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 09:03:26 PM »
+1. Personal experience. A few (and a little more) years ago.

Offline shapsam

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2018, 09:16:40 PM »
They give you a red travel document.
I think they stopped it last year.

Offline shwarmabob

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 09:35:34 PM »
I think they stopped it last year.
so what do you get now? a real passport?

Offline shapsam

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018, 09:37:11 PM »
so what do you get now? a real passport?
Yes. A family member tried to get the red one and that's the info he got.

Offline shwarmabob

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2018, 09:40:13 PM »
Yes. A family member tried to get the red one and that's the info he got.
that's shocking because that would make sense. after all if you are a citizen they should give you a passport.  :o

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 10:28:25 PM »
I don't think they still offer the "travel document" CMIIW.Was this recently? they're catching more lately.
I last renewed 18 months ago, and they still gave me a travel document, it says travel document in lieu of an israeli passport, but still specifies inside citizenship-Israeli
If you know more about these being discontinued, please post, as I really want my 10 year passport back.

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 10:30:34 PM »
They give you a red travel document. one of them is in yeshiva in Israel right now
No it is the same dark blue color as the Israeli passport. Do they also have a red one? I wonder what is the difference.

Offline shapsam

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2018, 11:37:21 PM »
No it is the same dark blue color as the Israeli passport. Do they also have a red one? I wonder what is the difference.
The one I'm talking about was red.

Offline shwarmabob

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2018, 11:41:44 PM »
like this