Author Topic: Off Brand Doona for Less?  (Read 10524 times)

Offline mercaz1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Off Brand Doona for Less?
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2018, 09:54:18 AM »
It is both. It is like a car seat and a snap and go which you don't need to deal with separate pieces.

without a basket underneath which I find to be a lifesaver and also doesn't the Doona have a very low handle to push it?

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2018, 07:45:10 PM »
without a basket underneath which I find to be a lifesaver and also doesn't the Doona have a very low handle to push it?
Both of those are matters of taste
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline lybbtthl

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Barely anything these days...
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2018, 08:11:52 PM »
figured i'd chime in on the debate.
I was sold on the doona long before my child was born, it is honestly the best thing, for what it's designed for. It must be understood that this is not a stroller, rather a car seat with wheels!
It has been the greatest thing for me and my wife, from travelling all over the world, in and out of cars, taking uber/lyfts with it, just popping it in and out of the car and not gabbing anything from the trunk. Travelling with it thru airports on and off planes is the best, I've taken it on board and stored it in the overhead bin of wide body jets when I didn't have a seat for the baby, and on the Delta 767 they let me put it in the front closet of the plane since it didn't fit in the over head bin, I only had to gate check it twice. Yes, it does not have much storage, but we added hooks to the handle bar and hang a couple bags from it. My child is now 20 months and outgrowing it, we're very lost as to what our next car seat / travel stroller will be.
It is not our only stroller, as it has no shocks/suspension (walking through the old city in Jerusalem wasn't very comfortable, but I wasn't gonna schlep out bugaboo to Israel). Our Bugaboo has only been folded and placed in the car on a handful of occasions, but we use it whenever we're walking.
My wife doesn't drive, so she uber/lyfts everywhere when I'm at work, what would people suggest now that our days are numbered how long we can continue using the doona. We don't want to have to always request the uber/lyfts with a car seat, so we'd need something like the snap and go. Do they make that for toddlers?

Offline Iz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2018, 08:36:34 PM »
what would people suggest now that our days are numbered how long we can continue using the doona. We don't want to have to always request the uber/lyfts with a car seat, so we'd need something like the snap and go. Do they make that for toddlers?
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=13088.0