Author Topic: CO award ticket TLV-NYC  (Read 933 times)

Offline MnM1130

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
CO award ticket TLV-NYC
« on: August 07, 2011, 01:56:48 PM »
Just wondering if its more worth it to purchase a round trip ticket with the return date not the best award redemption (same amount of points but not the right day) and than CHANGE the date, or to just book one way and make another one way on the way back cus itll prob open the day b4. they are charging 117$ one way for tax extra over the 40k miles and a bit more for booking it round trip which i may have to change the way home. how much do they charge for changing award tickets?
and also if i see the availability on CO does that mean its avail on ANA, and i just need to call them and book thru them- cus i cant search from TLV-NYC on ANA (of course i dont know how... and im sure there is a way)
The ideal dates btw are August 10- Sept 1 for one passenger if anyone cares to help out here...
and not specifically looking into CO, just seemed to have the best availability.
thanks for all your help.
im def gettin better at this!

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: CO award ticket TLV-NYC
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 08:37:55 AM »
A. There might be award availability even if Continental.com doesn't have it. For example, Swiss Air flights are not listed online, but can be booked with OnePass miles. Call to check for availability.

To call CO without waiting on hold use this link: http://bit.ly/oGou3M.

B. Award availability between TLV & NYC will not open up a day before the flights leave. As a rule airline award availability is set months in advance. Even if that wasn't true, flights between Israel and NY are usually at max load, certainly in late August. You will have trouble finding regular Economy seats, never mind reward.

C. If you plan on going to Israel again within 12 months, you can book end-on-end. Instead of making the return half of your reward ticket now, make it for the your second return from Israel (next time you go), then book a round-trip from Israel to NY, departing Israel when you want to return from your first trip, 'return' from NY to TLV when you want to leave on your second trip.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline MnM1130

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 11:09:35 PM »
alot of info.. but thanks!
and i LIVE in israel... so its more like coming to america and therefore cant plan a trip like u mentioned...
thanks!

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 08:46:34 AM »
Just wondering if its more worth it to purchase a round trip ticket with the return date not the best award redemption (same amount of points but not the right day) and than CHANGE the date, or to just book one way and make another one way on the way back cus itll prob open the day b4. they are charging 117$ one way for tax extra over the 40k miles and a bit more for booking it round trip which i may have to change the way home. how much do they charge for changing award tickets?
and also if i see the availability on CO does that mean its avail on ANA, and i just need to call them and book thru them- cus i cant search from TLV-NYC on ANA (of course i dont know how... and im sure there is a way)
The ideal dates btw are August 10- Sept 1 for one passenger if anyone cares to help out here...
and not specifically looking into CO, just seemed to have the best availability.
thanks for all your help.
im def gettin better at this!
ANA will now charge you very high surcharges and will not book one ways. Unless you already  a
have points there, forget about them.