Topic Wiki

Citibank Contacts:
Application status – https://www.accountonline.com/cards/acq/CardApplicationStatus.do?screenID=3187
(800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
(888) 201-4523 – Application status
(866) 606-2961 800-695-5171 – Reconsideration Line
(800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
(800) 645-7240 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
(800) 288-4653 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
(866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep

Many people have also had better luck writing to the office of the President for reconsideration on Citi cards:
Mr. Ken Stork
Office of the President
PO Box 6000
Sioux Falls, SD 57117

Random: see this great article about negotiating tactics with Customer Service Reps.
« Last edited by Dani on July 14, 2021, 10:12:17 AM »

Author Topic: Citi reconsideration  (Read 233240 times)

Offline EMCC

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum
Re: Citi reconsideration
« Reply #200 on: May 01, 2014, 08:05:28 AM »
I called citi for a reconsideration for the AA world elite  Mastercard with the 100k bonus. They pulled my credit again and gave me the same answer as before. Credit is not in good enough standing. My credit is excellent. Mid 700s. No missed payments or anything. I only have an average of 7 month credit history. (my oldest card is older) Ihave a pretty high credit line fromm other banks but no credit with citi. What can I do to get approved?
"Disclaimer: I don't believe everything I write."  - ChaimMoskowitz

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 05, 2014, 08:18:10 PM »
Any recent Stork success?

Also, can anyone post a copy of the letter they sent.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline JamesIV

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 28, 2014, 04:55:15 PM »

Bump

Offline JamesIV

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 28, 2014, 05:15:07 PM »
Just called Citi: 866-606-2787 (Account Analyst) for the 100k card and she accepted me after 1 or 2 questions

Offline M

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 16, 2014, 08:58:01 PM »
Applied for 2 cards Citi Platinum and Hilton.

Platinum got denied for multiple applications. They said they didn't pull credit because automatically denied because of the 2 applications.

Hilton card there requesting 4506-T basically my 1040. Called a few times and it seems like no way around it.

Anyone have experience with this? Just kind of pissed that there requesting this, have good credit and good account history with citi.

THANKS

Offline joew

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 16, 2014, 10:36:19 PM »

I had success twice in the last few months with stork!! done together with fax which is waste of time.

sample letter:

6/20/2014
To: Mr. Ken Stork
Application ID:
To Whom it May Concern:
I was surprised to receive the denial letter of my recent Citi AAdvantage World Master Card application.
I am asking you to reconsider your decision based on the following facts:
I am employed full time and have an annual income in excess of $100000. I currently have a few hundred thousand dollars in investment funds. And I own the house I live in with no outstanding mortgages.
Although my past credit is limited, you can see from my credit report, I have never missed a payment or been late. The reason my credit history is limited is because my parents were blessed with wealth and supported me and paid my education costs.
Another reason for applying for this card is I am a frequent flyers visiting family across the United States and Canada and I hope to enjoy the benefits of this card flying with American Airlines.
I know, as I checked my credit score just before applying for your card to insure it’s accuracy. I note the current credit score is over 700 which is better than over 50% of the public and is considered good credit by the credit reporting agency.
I am not a heavy user of credit and never plan to be, I do not need a large credit limit and would be happy with a small credit line at first to prove to you our reliability. And I believe I deserve a chance with your card.
Enclosed is a copy from my Equifax credit report witch I hope it will be helpful for a positive decision. 
I look forward to your reconsideration and receipt of my new Citi AAdvatage Credit card.
Respectfully

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #206 on: July 16, 2014, 11:22:53 PM »

I had success twice in the last few months with stork!! done together with fax which is waste of time.

sample letter:

6/20/2014
Application ID:
To Whom it May Concern:
I was surprised to receive the denial letter of my recent Citi AAdvantage World Master Card application.
I am employed full time and have an annual income in excess of $100000. I currently have a few hundred thousand dollars in investment funds. And I own the house I live in with no outstanding mortgages.
Although my past credit is limited, you can see from my credit report, I have never missed a payment or been late. The reason my credit history is limited is because my parents were blessed with wealth and supported me and paid my education costs.
Another reason for applying for this card is I am a frequent flyers visiting family across the United States and Canada and I hope to enjoy the benefits of this card flying with American Airlines.
I know, as I checked my credit score just before applying for your card to insure it’s accuracy. I note the current credit score is over 700 which is better than over 50% of the public and is considered good credit by the credit reporting agency.
I am not a heavy user of credit and never plan to be, I do not need a large credit limit and would be happy with a small credit line at first to prove to you our reliability. And I believe I deserve a chance with your card.
Enclosed is a copy from my Equifax credit report witch I hope it will be helpful for a positive decision. 
I look forward to your reconsideration and receipt of my new Citi AAdvatage Credit card.
Respectfully
Well written.

Offline M

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 17, 2014, 05:29:56 PM »

Platinum got denied for multiple applications. They said they didn't pull credit because automatically denied because of the 2 applications.

Hilton card there requesting 4506-T basically my 1040. Called a few times and it seems like no way around it.

Anyone have experience with this? Just kind of pissed that there requesting this, have good credit and good account history with citi.

THANKS

Offline M

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 20, 2014, 12:54:49 PM »

Would greatly appreciate if someone could help me out?

Only have a few days left to reply with the tax form.

Offline bubble347

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 20, 2014, 01:05:16 PM »
Would greatly appreciate if someone could help me out?

Only have a few days left to reply with the tax form.
Why are you hesitant to send it?
Watch this inspiring video.

Offline David R

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: July 20, 2014, 02:49:57 PM »
Well written.
except the "witch" part

Offline M

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 20, 2014, 09:03:14 PM »

Why are you hesitant to send it?

Because I have never had to do such a thing...So im trying to get some feedback from people that have had to send in this form and go through this procedure?

Thanks

Offline chinagel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 03, 2014, 03:06:14 PM »

Because I have never had to do such a thing...So im trying to get some feedback from people that have had to send in this form and go through this procedure?

Thanks
had the same thing plus they froze all my other citi cards. sent in the form even though i dont file taxes and after 30 days with no response from irs they reopened my accounts

Offline Shmulyg

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2014, 05:27:57 PM »
Applied for a Citi AA biz card. Was declined because of previous card which was opened almost 2 years ago and closed around a year back (and i thought the biz card was churnable... :-[ ). I was A/A'd by Citi a few months ago, but that doesn't seem to be the cause of me being shot down. I tried recon, but to no avail. Is the Stork the only remaining option? If yes, how do i go about contacting him? What do i write? Ect...

Offline Novo

• View Profile
  • Programs: Chase A/A, Amex F/R, Citi A/A. Hertz DNR.
« Reply #214 on: August 11, 2014, 07:39:34 PM »
Applied for a Citi AA biz card. Was declined because of previous card which was opened almost 2 years ago and closed around a year back (and i thought the biz card was churnable... :-[ ). I was A/A'd by Citi a few months ago, but that doesn't seem to be the cause of me being shot down. I tried recon, but to no avail. Is the Stork the only remaining option? If yes, how do i go about contacting him? What do i write? Ect...

sample letter:

6/20/2014
Application ID:
To Whom it May Concern:
Respectfully
I try my best :-\
Quote from: Centro
If you wanna go fast, go alone
If you wanna go far, go together

Offline Shmulyg

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 11, 2014, 11:59:51 PM »
Thanks Novo, but my issue is somewhat different than his. I found the address on DDMS and sent a letter. Hope to report good news :)

Offline Novo

• View Profile
  • Programs: Chase A/A, Amex F/R, Citi A/A. Hertz DNR.
« Reply #216 on: August 12, 2014, 12:36:02 AM »
Thanks Novo, but my issue is somewhat different than his. I found the address on DDMS and sent a letter. Hope to report good news :)
Good luck!
I try my best :-\
Quote from: Centro
If you wanna go fast, go alone
If you wanna go far, go together

Offline Shmulyg

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 12, 2014, 02:42:12 AM »

Offline upside down

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 28, 2014, 11:05:14 AM »
I applied for the citi thank you premier card and they sent me back a request for a 4506 tax form. I don't file taxes so I can't go that route. I have 21k credit on my aa card from citi, is citi allowing to transfer credit from one card to another, and will they let me do that instead of checking my tax filings? Anyone have any recent success over the phone with anything like this?

Offline upside down

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 28, 2014, 08:50:40 PM »
Anyone have any advice? I called them 4 times and all the agents refuse to do anything without me sending it in. They won't let me transfer credit from the AA card I have with them.  Any chance they will approve it if I send it in even though I don't even file taxes?