Author Topic: El Al Protect  (Read 1013 times)

Offline davidwag

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
El Al Protect
« on: August 15, 2023, 09:39:45 PM »
El AL is now selling "El Al Protect" - a small fee ($29 on the fare I'm looking at from L.A.) to be able to change the flight with no fees for a voucher. My question is, isn't that the current policy for tickets purchased by the end of August 2023 for travel before August 2024? I'm a bit confused b/c the El Al wording states this policy (the August/August policy) is for tickets with *destinations* in the US. I'll return to the US but my destination is TLV! In any case, if the policy still exists, why are they offering "El Al Protect" before September starts?

Offline dwkl

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA lifetime platinum
Re: El Al Protect
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2023, 06:53:33 PM »
regarding your question the current policy only allows you to get a credit for the passenger named on the ticket
this $29.00 insurance will allow you to take money spent as a voucher which can be transferred and used for anyone else as well

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2023, 07:34:06 PM »
El AL is now selling "El Al Protect" - a small fee ($29 on the fare I'm looking at from L.A.) to be able to change the flight with no fees for a voucher. My question is, isn't that the current policy for tickets purchased by the end of August 2023 for travel before August 2024? I'm a bit confused b/c the El Al wording states this policy (the August/August policy) is for tickets with *destinations* in the US. I'll return to the US but my destination is TLV! In any case, if the policy still exists, why are they offering "El Al Protect" before September starts?
regarding your question the current policy only allows you to get a credit for the passenger named on the ticket
this $29.00 insurance will allow you to take money spent as a voucher which can be transferred and used for anyone else as well

Can this be purchased when using Amex points for a ticket?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Young explorer

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2023, 10:50:51 AM »
Can this be purchased when using Amex points for a ticket?
NO.

Offline Newtoforums

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2023, 09:32:43 AM »
Yes,  I was able to add ELAL Protect to a ticket purchased with AMEX points. After the reservation was ticketed I called ELAL and added the Protect product. I was given conflicting information from Amex regarding the feasibility of adding Protect but it seems that this can only be done within 24 hours of ticket purchase.