Author Topic: Tiny Seats, No Legroom on Flights: Does The F.A.A. Care?  (Read 1357 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Tiny Seats, No Legroom on Flights: Does The F.A.A. Care?
« on: July 21, 2018, 10:20:18 PM »
Source TWG

And the well written article he quotes..
https://www.npr.org/2018/07/12/628546532/airline-passenger-groups-outraged-over-faa-ruling-on-seat-sizes

Wonder what you guys have to say in regards to this topic while most of you take a few flights a month and I'm sure theres many times where you have been in encomy and not j or f.  ;)
   It's just cruel to keep and decreasing the size of an airline seat, all those who are 6+feet have to sit with their legs bend and crunched and while those who know how to eat have to breath in the whole flight to be able to fit in their seat/s(pun intended).
  And then the topic about safety is something which I dont understand why no action has or was done?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
Re: Tiny Seats, No Legroom on Flights: Does The F.A.A. Care?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 12:13:24 AM »
Why is it the government's business what a private company does? People have a choice to not fly, to boycott these airlines, to pay more etc.

Offline Sig

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 09:24:17 AM »
Source TWG

And the well written article he quotes..
https://www.npr.org/2018/07/12/628546532/airline-passenger-groups-outraged-over-faa-ruling-on-seat-sizes

Wonder what you guys have to say in regards to this topic while most of you take a few flights a month and I'm sure theres many times where you have been in encomy and not j or f.  ;)
   It's just cruel to keep and decreasing the size of an airline seat, all those who are 6+feet have to sit with their legs bend and crunched and while those who know how to eat have to breath in the whole flight to be able to fit in their seat/s(pun intended).
  And then the topic about safety is something which I dont understand why no action has or was done?
This betrays a deep and fundamental misunderstanding of how government works in the U.S. The FAA is an agency of the executive branch. They don't get to make laws, they are only allowed to implement laws passed by Congress and signed by the President. There is no law giving the FAA authority to regulate seat size or pitch. The only law that could maybe be stretched to cover that regards safety, but you're actually safer in a crash with tighter pitch since the seat in front of you plays a substantial role in restraining you. There's certainly no law for the FAA to enforce a minimum comfort level.

So it's up to Congress to pass a law and the President to sign it that gives the FAA regulatory power to regulate passenger comfort or seat pitch and width. It's simply ignorant and pointless to assert the FAA has anything to do with it at this point. Do something useful and complain to your elected representative instead!

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 09:55:12 AM »
You can argue that uncomfortable pax are a safety hazard
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Moshe123

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 01:44:18 PM »
When you have to twist yourself into a pretzel to justify why the government needs to regulate a comfort issue at a private enterprise, you know it's not a winning argument.

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 02:40:53 PM »
It's just cruel to keep and decreasing the size of an airline seat, all those who are 6+feet have to sit with their legs bend and crunched

I'm 6'8". I have a choice when flying, and depending on the flight will give my business to the carrier who has the most legroom in Y, a decent way of getting Y+ or an exit row, or I'll pay for J or F.

It's not the government's business to tell airlines that they must accommodate me; it's my job to vote with my wallet.
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 04:32:51 PM »
I'm 6'8". I have a choice when flying, and depending on the flight will give my business to the carrier who has the most legroom in Y, a decent way of getting Y+ or an exit row, or I'll pay for J or F.

It's not the government's business to tell airlines that they must accommodate me; it's my job to vote with my wallet.
The gov't seems to be doing a fine job invading and being involved in people's lives but when it comes to the comfort of the citizens all of the sudden you hear nothing.

On those pics I saw from the jet smarter deals I would never guess your 6.8, wow a big man you are bli ayen hara,and how did you fit in that mini museum?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Sig

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 07:22:24 PM »
The gov't seems to be doing a fine job invading and being involved in people's lives but when it comes to the comfort of the citizens all of the sudden you hear nothing.

On those pics I saw from the jet smarter deals I would never guess your 6.8, wow a big man you are bli ayen hara,and how did you fit in that mini museum?
We used to have regulated air travel. There was far more leg room. And the very cheapest seat, when adjusted for inflation, was far more expensive then a current business/first seat, which has much more room. Plus there is far better choice in routes and frequency today.

I for one don't want to go back to the "good old days" of regulated air travel and neither do you if you really understood what it entails.