Topic Wiki

fundamental
Are you aware of the criticisms towards your airline (which all seem to boil down to an arrogant/condescending corporate culture) and what, if anything, are you going to do to fundamentally change things?

service

We are well aware that your customer service is in line with what is acceptable in Israel.  Would you be interested, as a company that has lots of customers from outside of Israel, in learning what customer service means in the rest of the world?

Why as a passenger do I have to feel like a pain to the FA's if I just want to drink! Why can't they have an area where you could take yourself. and those 5oz cups (with no soda can).....

Why do you hate your customers.

products
Why can't there be pink and blue rows in the back of the plane that can expand or contract based on demand?

I would ask them if the Hashgocha is reliable on the standard meals

And why doesn't Toronto deserve a 787?!!?

And how do the have the chuzpa not to update their IFE on their 747/ 777 to a newer system!

In addition to new IFE can they retrofit new seats in 777? (At least in J)
booking/awards

Why do Matmit point expire after 3 years regardless of status or activity?
Have they ever proactively tried to be part of an alliance?

How much QF pays them for redemptions, was it them or QF that pulled the F redemption, and why can't AA miles book LY

Why are you cutting TA comms? Aren't there smarter ways to cut (not even) 5%? 😡

Why in the world do they have a confusing point system instead of regular miles, and what was the logic behind it in the first place?

Why don't you have a competitive credit card for points and status?
site
When is a website coming with better cookies and better paid and award flex search calendars?

We have iron dome but why doesn't manage my booking online work?
« Last edited by Iz on July 25, 2018, 01:31:25 PM »

Author Topic: If You Could Ask El Al Management One Question...  (Read 34793 times)

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: If You Could Ask El Al Management One Question...
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2018, 09:58:04 AM »
For whatever it’s worth, though I do try avoiding El Al, I often find myself flying them in the end. They do have the best schedule for a frum person from NY, including the only option early enough which allows me to daven Shacharis with a minyan when I arrive. Yes, I took Delta last week and it kicked the El Al experience in every way, but I usually don’t end up going with them.

But, the Matmid thing isn’t pathetic. I’d love to earn points that are actually useful. Unless you’re always going to Israel and have use for elite benefits, flying El Al isn’t much more than a glorified bus ride.
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2018, 11:04:01 AM »
How do you plan to stay competitive considering the constant delays due to pilot disputes. Do you understand that people are avoiding flying el Al due to this? Do you have a plan to resolve the issue?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2018, 12:05:38 PM »
And do they think we are stupid, calling all these one time operational issues or whatever garbage they call it? Why not be up-front and honest with your customers?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2018, 01:21:07 PM »
And do they think we are stupid, calling all these one time operational issues or whatever garbage they call it? Why not be up-front and honest with your customers?
What should they say?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline tavster

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2018, 01:31:39 PM »
What should they say?
That their pilots don't feel like working..

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2018, 02:01:11 PM »
What should they say?
Just seems disingenuous to a few hours before delay a flight by hours with no warning, and the uneducated consumer has no idea that it might be coming

Offline yandmk

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2018, 06:43:44 PM »
&feature=youtu.be

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2018, 07:05:15 PM »
There is a shortage of pilots even without the disputes.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2018, 09:56:15 PM »
1) Why are you considering cutting commissions for TAs? (Elal recently sent out an email to the Israeli agents that by next year they will sort of stop paying commission) Do you understand that the only reason TAs push elal these days is because the nice commission? You will lose a ton of business changing from the commission model.

2. Why the heck did you stop allowing to wait list J class? It doesn't force agents to book Z. All it does is help TAs play around with the J classes and save it for their customers since they don't have to be afraid about people with higher status wait listed.

Now to the consumer side.

1. Regarding fees. Which airline charges their top tier elites close in fees on award bookings? LY charges top platinums $50 to book awards 24 hours before the flight.
Can you geg rid of the $10 cancelation fee on awards for PLs? Makes you look childish..  Why do PLs have to pay $25 when doing award booking on phone? Which of your competitors does this?

2. People have spoken about the website already but specifically, travel agent bookings do not have option to select a seat on the website.   :o

3. Why do you overbook business class? Most airlines overbook economy, however no one "officially" overbooks business. I mean, in high travel season literally e every flight ends up being overbooked. And don't give me the F class excuse crap. Because bottom line it doesn't work. For years you've had problems in the airport.

@Dan i have one question for you though, why waste your time with these idiots. They know exactly their problems and have absolutely no interest in fixing it. They will take you for a ride but that's about it. Take this whole meeting with a grain of salt.

To be continued.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2018, 11:36:43 PM »
1) Why are you considering cutting commissions for TAs? (Elal recently sent out an email to the Israeli agents that by next year they will sort of stop paying commission) Do you understand that the only reason TAs push elal these days is because the nice commission? You will lose a ton of business changing from the commission model.

2. Why the heck did you stop allowing to wait list J class? It doesn't force agents to book Z. All it does is help TAs play around with the J classes and save it for their customers since they don't have to be afraid about people with higher status wait listed.

Now to the consumer side.

1. Regarding fees. Which airline charges their top tier elites close in fees on award bookings? LY charges top platinums $50 to book awards 24 hours before the flight.
Can you geg rid of the $10 cancelation fee on awards for PLs? Makes you look childish..  Why do PLs have to pay $25 when doing award booking on phone? Which of your competitors does this?

2. People have spoken about the website already but specifically, travel agent bookings do not have option to select a seat on the website.   :o

3. Why do you overbook business class? Most airlines overbook economy, however no one "officially" overbooks business. I mean, in high travel season literally e every flight ends up being overbooked. And don't give me the F class excuse crap. Because bottom line it doesn't work. For years you've had problems in the airport.

@Dan i have one question for you though, why waste your time with these idiots. They know exactly their problems and have absolutely no interest in fixing it. They will take you for a ride but that's about it. Take this whole meeting with a grain of salt.

To be continued.
Wow it seems you had a miserable experience with them.
  I always thought Israel was known for their technological brains, seems here with El-Al just the opposite, what a shame.

why is it so darn hot on the planes, especially before takeoff?

why do they serve the drinks 20 minutes before the meal is served, so there is no drink left when you eat?

why cant give out water in beginning of flight like other airlines?
I would assume they're following the רמב"ם's diet which requires 20 minute waiting period after drinking fluids before eating.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline mgarfin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2018, 12:45:57 AM »
DDMS seems to have 4 questions repeatedly

1.leg room
2. CS /attitude / chareidim
3. Matmid/  alliance/ CC
4. Website

Offline mgarfin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2018, 12:47:12 AM »
BTW is legroom any different on elal then United or Delta?

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2018, 12:51:10 AM »
DDMS seems to have 4 questions repeatedly

1.leg room
2. CS /attitude / chareidim
3. Matmid/  alliance/ CC
4. Website
  They definitely won the award by far, they have the worst possible customer service.

Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Hjay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2018, 01:21:42 AM »
Their checkin - I don’t remember it being so terrible coming from NYC (prob because I’m always late), but checkin at tlv for their midnight flights is horrendous. They have everybody from both flights waiting together on the same line & every single time I’ve come 2 hours or more b4 my flight I’ve had to wait forever on that line, by the time I finish checkin boarding is usually about to start. Every single time I’ve flown from tlv it’s been like this besides for when I show up late for checkin, then it’s a breeze.

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2018, 06:27:55 AM »
Their checkin - I don’t remember it being so terrible coming from NYC (prob because I’m always late), but checkin at tlv for their midnight flights is horrendous. They have everybody from both flights waiting together on the same line & every single time I’ve come 2 hours or more b4 my flight I’ve had to wait forever on that line, by the time I finish checkin boarding is usually about to start. Every single time I’ve flown from tlv it’s been like this besides for when I show up late for checkin, then it’s a breeze.

+1

I have a friend who always comes to the airport last-minute on purpose. Told me it never fails.
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Offline yandmk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2018, 07:48:12 AM »
Basically the majority of answers (especially) on DDMS were that they need to fix their "attitude" towards customers. Just sounds like a bunch of kvetchy leftists using nice terms like "attitude" or "customer service" when they can't point out anything specific that bothers them about the airline. I'm not a major fan of the airline, but I just don't get all this hatred.
My wife flew both El Al and Delta recently and she actually pointed out that was impressed by a certain level of class that the LY "Israeli" FAs had, while the DL "American" FAs were much less polished, and some were quite rude too.
I get disgusted by these comments that are just generalizing, without enough intelligence to even point out a single issue (I have quite a few issues with them, but at least I know what they are and I don't just call them "attitude")
Like Shachar tells Fuld in the above video, "for every horror story you know, there are 10 amazing positive stories". Same in all airlines. People don't generally go online and share their positive experiences at the end of every flight. When someone has a bad flight they make sure everyone knows about it. (I was once comparing Y class seat comfort between multiple airlines on SeatGuru, and surprised to see that every airline I checked had the exact same complaints despite differences in pitch and width)
With that said:
- I believe joining an alliance (if it's at all possible) would be a very nice move.
- They promised they wouldn't raise prices with the Dreamliner orders, but prices in the past year (at least to/from the US) have been at least 5-10% higher than the previous year.
- The website has some bugs, like not being able to book seats when booked via various OTA's (like Chase).
- Way to much flying (in economy) required to reach elite status in comparison to other airlines.
- They recently started offering CS via SMS (text) which is a great thing. Perhaps they can upgrade to WhatsApp Business?
- Would be nice if they allowed booking awards within 24 hours online, so that it's not necessary to pay $65 for booking on the phone.
- Would be nice to see them add the possiblity to change/cancel bookings online like UA and DL now have.
- Blue rows in the back on NYC routes would be very nice (pink isn't really necessary). It's basically Bachurim and yungeleit flying themselves who have the issues.
(probably some more. can't think of them at the moment)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 07:58:16 AM by yandmk »

Offline Iz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2018, 08:31:32 AM »
I have a friend who always comes to the airport last-minute on purpose. Told me it never fails.
Until it does, and then...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2018, 09:14:44 AM »
BTW is legroom any different on elal then United or Delta?

I don't think so. Legroom is a universal problem in Y, not an LY problem.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Abey

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2018, 09:20:31 AM »
I don't think so. Legroom is a universal problem in Y, not an LY problem.
Not a “problem” imo its customers wanting cheaper fares ,ulcc that pushes airlines to stuff smaller seats.
Not that they wouldn’t try doing it anyway but if customers would be willing to pay more, airlines wouldn’t get away so easily putting 10 seats in a row

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2018, 09:21:02 AM »
Not a “problem” imo its customers wanting cheaper fares ,ulcc that pushes airlines to stuff smaller seats.
Not that they wouldn’t try doing it anyway but if customers would be willing to pay more, airlines wouldn’t get away so easily putting 10 seats in a row
True.