Topic Wiki

"Piece" in Klask should read "striker."

Ships in Imhotep actually aren't unloaded in loading order, but in order of position on the ship, chosen when placing blocks. (Also, I didn't mean to use inconsistent terminology. If you're familiar with standard gaming cubes, the ones in Imhotep are larger, hence "blocks.")

Author Topic: Target - multiple tabletop games  (Read 378 times)

Offline Randomex

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: MSPaint, Notepad, Firefox, VLC Media Player - Old sig quote was found in Reb Mendel and His Wisdom
Target - multiple tabletop games
« on: November 27, 2018, 06:52:29 PM »
From most to least off usual price:

Klask - 38.5 (21.5 off)
It's like air hockey, except you control your striker from underneath the board with a magnet, you mustn't fall into your own goal, and you mustn't get 2 of the 3 non-puck magnet-bits stuck to your piece. (I hear ordering a spare parts pack and playing with 4 can be even more fun.)
(By the way, if you live in Lakewood, Toys for Thought also has this on sale for 40 through Chanukah. I think that's in-store only.)

Imhotep - 22 (18 off)
Egyptian-themed light strategy game for 2-4. You mostly load blocks of your color onto public ships or send a full-enough public ship to one of several places to unload its cubes in the order they were loaded, with each of those places scoring differently. There are 2 playable versions of each place for variety.

Kingdomino - 12.8 (10.2 off)
Lighter strategy game for 2-4. Take turns picking an available tile to add to your grid, always having to match a nearby tile - the better the tile you take, the later your turn will be in the next round. Scoring is based on the size of each area of a single type and the number of crowns on the area's tiles. (The Target-exclusive version comes with a tile-dispensing tower.)

Santorini - 23 (7 off)
(Note: This game has a cutesy Greek myth theme and includes the names of Greek avodah zara.)
Position-based strategy game for 2-4 (but don't play with 4). Players each have 2 pieces on the same 5x5 grid. On a turn, move one of them like a chess-King and then build nearby. Buildings (which don't belong to the players) can go up to 4 floors, and players can only move upward by 1 floor in a move. The object is to get a piece onto the 3rd floor of a building (4th floors can't be moved to) or prevent your opponent from having a legal move. That's the basic game, anyway - players can also each have a different special rule. The buildings are plastic and pretty nice.

MegaLand - 20 (5 off)
Light push-your-luck game with some strategy. In the first part of each round, players must choose when to back out from a public card-draw, somewhat blackjack-style - staying in is always rewarded but runs the risk of losing all the round's gains. In the second part, they use their rewards to buy cards that progress them toward winning (and may help them in future rounds). Nice art.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 06:58:37 PM by Randomex »
Do you want to play a board game, digitally or in Lakewood NJ? PM me. (Can be asynchronous, i.e. take turns whenever)