Author Topic: Tips for getting the most compensation for price mistakes?  (Read 1057 times)

Offline shalom4343

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Tips for getting the most compensation for price mistakes?
« on: August 05, 2018, 06:04:10 PM »
Hey last week I found a panasonic camera listed here for $35 that should have been $350, the order was cancelled and I was reading the posts of people getting offered $100 credit, the difference between the paid cost and the current cost ($300+) etc, and I tried contacting Amazon. Called them, asked to talk to supervisor as some recommended, and then was told that they would see if they could do anything and would get back to me soon. Haven't heard back at all yet.

When I was on the phone I couldn't really think of anything to bring up to voice my case for getting a more lucrative compensation. I was wondering if you had some tips?

All I could think of was 1) I had to waste my time for nothing and 2) I was excited about getting it at that price (I really did need a new camera). So how if I talk to them again do I get at least the best chance for more $$$ from them?

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
Re: Tips for getting the most compensation for price mistakes?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 10:41:40 PM »
$5 if you are lucky  :)
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline Tuna Baygel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 10:48:31 PM »
IMO taking it to the next level and not giving in is the way to go

Be transferred to a supervisor and make them want to give it just to get you off the phone

If that doesn’t work HUCA

Offline Tuna Baygel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 10:52:10 PM »
Hey last week I found a panasonic camera listed here for $35 that should have been $350, the order was cancelled and I was reading the posts of people getting offered $100 credit, the difference between the paid cost and the current cost ($300+) etc, and I tried contacting Amazon. Called them, asked to talk to supervisor as some recommended, and then was told that they would see if they could do anything and would get back to me soon. Haven't heard back at all yet.

When I was on the phone I couldn't really think of anything to bring up to voice my case for getting a more lucrative compensation. I was wondering if you had some tips?

All I could think of was 1) I had to waste my time for nothing and 2) I was excited about getting it at that price (I really did need a new camera). So how if I talk to them again do I get at least the best chance for more $$$ from them?
It’s one thing being excited and then there’s feeling misled and cheated that you paid for something and the order was cancelled.
You feel you would need substantial compensation to continue your search for a camera and not lose faith in Amazon you always trusted.

Offline peroneustertius

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 07:51:23 PM »
Hate to be “that guy” but I think $10 is very fair compensation for 1 minute of your time that it took you to place the order.  That comes out to $600/hr! Wow, I wish I made that much. Take what they give you and move on. Don’t bother their supervisors.

Offline Tuna Baygel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 01:00:01 PM »
Hate to be “that guy” but I think $10 is very fair compensation for 1 minute of your time that it took you to place the order.  That comes out to $600/hr! Wow, I wish I made that much. Take what they give you and move on. Don’t bother their supervisors.
Noted