Author Topic: Speeding Ticket  (Read 1247 times)

Offline bochur613

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Speeding Ticket
« on: August 09, 2018, 10:30:09 PM »
I just got my first speeding ticket. I was going 78 in a 55 zone (on the GSP). Cop pulled me over and gave a ticket that said I was only going 1-9 over the limit( I only started to think ein od milvado half way through) Its $85plus 2 points. Should I fight it, is it worth it or just pay up?

Offline Tuna Baygel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Speeding Ticket
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 12:01:55 AM »
I just got my first speeding ticket. I was going 78 in a 55 zone (on the GSP). Cop pulled me over and gave a ticket that said I was only going 1-9 over the limit( I only started to think ein od milvado half way through) Its $85plus 2 points. Should I fight it, is it worth it or just pay up?
Do you have a NJ license?

Offline justaregularguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 11:50:01 AM »
i assume you have nj plates bc otherwise point don’t carry over from other states.

Fight it and tell the judge it’s your first moving violation in x amount of yrs of driving if he can give you a pass. Worked for me. Judge almost laughed at me when I asked to get points off-said it doesn’t work that way but he took off most of the fine.

By the way when your speaking to the clerk you tell her innocent obviously bc otherwise what ru doing there. And when you get to the judge just say you admit you’re  wrong and ask for a pass.
(And this time think ein od milvado the whole time🙂)
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline Tuna Baygel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 11:32:46 PM »
i assume you have nj plates bc otherwise point don’t carry over from other states.

Fight it and tell the judge it’s your first moving violation in x amount of yrs of driving if he can give you a pass. Worked for me. Judge almost laughed at me when I asked to get points off-said it doesn’t work that way but he took off most of the fine.

By the way when your speaking to the clerk you tell her innocent obviously bc otherwise what ru doing there. And when you get to the judge just say you admit you’re  wrong and ask for a pass.
(And this time think ein od milvado the whole time)
If there’s no points going down to court is a waste of time. There’s a $33 court fee even if the fine is waived. $52 IMHO is not worth the shlep

Offline sams

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 01:10:49 AM »
Anyone have any pa lawyer ?

Offline zigster2818

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 07:53:33 PM »
Hey Guys,

I have a little issue, and I wanted to hear some advice on what you think.

I got pulled over in Virginia near North Hampton County for speeding 82 in a 55. Now, before you start judging, I admit it was not my smartest decisions I have made in life, but it was 12 at night, no one was on the road, and I have been driving for the entire day and was a little fatigue. I understand that it may not be an excuse, but that was the circumstance I was in.

The issue is, I received a summons for "recklessness by speed", which is a criminal offense in the state of Virginia. This causes me to hold a criminal record on my name. Now, because of the severity of the issue, and because the court date is on Yom Tov, I will need to hire an attorney to represent me in court. I spoke to a couple of attorneys, and they all mentioned the idea that I must remove the negative record from my name, or it will impact my ability for employment and /or security clearance if necessary. I have had my license for many years, and I have always respected the law and never had an issue with the police.

This is my first time getting a ticket. Being that I am a New Yorker, and do not know anyone that practices this area of law in the state of Virginia, I am skeptical in hiring someone that I have never met before to represent me and promise me that he will do what he can when he may just walk in there and walk out with nothing, and I am left with dealing with this issue for the rest of my life.

Does anyone know of someone that can represent me in court, around the County of North Hampton, that will do what he can to lower the punishment?