Author Topic: Hold a fare with a 3rd party site?  (Read 4868 times)

Offline Eli

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
Hold a fare with a 3rd party site?
« on: June 05, 2008, 04:49:46 PM »
I'm having an issue right now that I was wondering if anyone could help me with. I need to book for 3 people. When I search for 2, it shows me the fare as $255. When I look for 3, it shows me $295. This is whether I search on travelocity or on the airlines website itself. What I am assuming is not that there's a penalty for booking 3 people, but rather that there are only 2 seats available at that price. What I want to do is have me and my friend booking from 2 separate computers, and click purchase at the same time and hope that they will honor the lower price on all the tickets. An alternative solution would be if anyone knows a 3rd party site like cheaptickets.com, orbitz.com etc that will hold a price on a reservation for any period of time.

Anyone? Anything?
-Eli

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Hold a fare with a 3rd party site?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 10:06:35 PM »
What airline?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 12:40:58 AM »
Frontier. But it doesn't matter anymore cuz I booked tickets.
-Eli

levi

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 03:01:43 AM »
Frontier. But it doesn't matter anymore cuz I booked tickets.
Lets hear how it worked out for you. Did you get all three tickets at the lower fare?

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 04:07:56 PM »
I ended up only needing 2 instead of 3 from LGA and that priced out at the lower fare. The 3 I needed from MDW, were indeed more expensive for tickets number 2 and 3 and it wasn't worth it for me to try 3 different computers at one time and possibly splitting up the group, so I went for the 6:20am flight for all 3 of us which was the cheaper price even for 3.
-Eli