Author Topic: Forex, futures and stocks trading  (Read 80110 times)

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
Re: Forex, futures and stocks trading
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2019, 12:56:36 AM »
I myself will not be a buyer here, TLT was down - $1.46  today at the exact resistance I mentioned, it is a good area to watch , the $133 resistance is strong, I shorted TLT this morning at the open at $132.50 , a small position, my stop loss is $133.10 , very minimal risk. I also shorted SNAP at $14.86 yesterday, today was down to $14.55, both are short term trades .
On TLT, some indicators I use flashed a short term sell, it hit the upper linear regression on the chart which means it is over bought, plus there was a diversion on the 14 RSI and CCI , they did not make a higher high while the price did, alse the 21-8 time series gave a sell too.

I don't know about short term, and I can assume TLT (or Treasuries) to be overbought, but with yields around the world being lower, I just don't understand how US yields aren't plunging even lower than where they are now.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-21/the-world-now-has-13-trillion-of-debt-with-below-zero-yields?srnd=premium

I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2019, 01:15:53 AM »
I don't know about short term, and I can assume TLT (or Treasuries) to be overbought, but with yields around the world being lower, I just don't understand how US yields aren't plunging even lower than where they are now.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-21/the-world-now-has-13-trillion-of-debt-with-below-zero-yields?srnd=premium
I am with you on this. Just read the Bloomberg article and a similar one on FT .
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2019, 01:41:15 AM »
Yes, I placed an order to buy before yesterday and the price jumped up without me getting filled, I did not want to chase it, now $10800, no resistance till $13500, I might get in for a short term trade on a pull back if we get one, it is overbought and can sell off first.
To bad I dipped my feet in so little.
 Should have bought more.
   I bought a few a 7-8k now at 11-12k.
 Crazy few weeks. Wonder if it's going to continue to the all time high again at 20k? 
     You never know with this crypto currency.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2019, 02:08:14 AM »
To bad I dipped my feet in so little.
 Should have bought more.
   I bought a few a 7-8k now at 11-12k.
 Crazy few weeks. Wonder if it's going to continue to the all time high again at 20k? 
     You never know with this crypto currency.
Are you buying to hold for long term?Very volatile and viscous movements, on June 19 it dropped $850 in 5 minutes,staying long is ok as long as you use a trailing stop loss.I only trade shorter term and always use a stop and stick to it.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2019, 02:18:31 AM »
Are you buying to hold for long term?Very volatile and viscous movements, on June 19 it dropped $850 in 5 minutes,staying long is ok as long as you use a trailing stop loss.I only trade shorter term and always use a stop and stick to it.
Didn't invest heavily, so for now went through square(cashapp) and playing by air.
   Just hate the exchange rate when buying and selling my bitcoins. Always getting less then what I had.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2019, 01:39:39 AM »
Gold hit $1438 today.Now $1424 , first support $1410 , if it holds and this correction is short lived, i'll add to position.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2019, 06:59:55 AM »
Is this a short squeeze driving this now?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2019, 10:38:27 PM »
Is this a short squeeze driving this now?
The last resistance from years ago was around $1360 , it took it strongly, maybe the smart money sees something we don't , as long as it stays above $1360, the trend changed from sideways to up, a correction is currently underway, but so far not much. I am out for now looking for a new buying point.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2019, 11:29:11 PM »
   Is there any theory or reason whatsoever that I can assume the Bitcoin will be going up or fall suddently?

Just looking at the past few weeks or month to two months it's been going up.
      Still not clear how it works, or if there is any theory behind it?
   To me it seems like playing the lottery and it's a hit or miss, while here chances might be a little bigger, hence you saw it going up and up, so you can assume it will continue to increase.
 With a lottery ticket, 50% you win, 50% you lose.
   While with these bitcoins I would presume that'll continue going up.

Offline Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2019, 12:26:32 AM »
   Is there any theory or reason whatsoever that I can assume the Bitcoin will be going up or fall suddently?

To me it seems like playing the lottery and it's a hit or miss, while here chances might be a little bigger, hence you saw it going up and up, so you can assume it will continue to increase.
Crypto Halving is the reason usually Google it.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2019, 12:28:35 AM »
Crypto Halving is the reason usually Google it.
Half the reward for the minors?

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2019, 01:38:01 AM »

BTC tripled in 2 months, and almost doubled in 2 weeks, try to ride it all the way up with a trailing stop to protect any profits you might have. Was just up over $1000 and I shorted 2 contracts for a quick day trade, not risking much , but if i am right cand end with a very nice profit.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2019, 02:01:32 AM »
BTC tripled in 2 months, and almost doubled in 2 weeks, try to ride it all the way up with a trailing stop to protect any profits you might have. Was just up over $1000 and I shorted 2 contracts for a quick day trade, not risking much , but if i am right cand end with a very nice profit.
Who you go through when using a trailing stop?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2019, 02:05:47 AM »
Maybe I should become a minor, if im getting a half of BTC that's nice cash.

Or just invest in the stocks

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2019, 02:10:54 AM »
Maybe I should become a minor, if im getting a half of BTC that's nice cash.

Or just invest in the stocks
You can just use a mental stop if your trading platform does not allow placing a stop, though it is harder since BTC trades 24 hours a day and you are not able to watch it day and night, the best you can do is to never let any profit turn into a loss, so if it keeps going higher, keep raising your mental stop to trail the price, once the price hits your stop just sell, no one ever, can catch the exact tops or bottoms, but sometimes it does happen, I shorted BTC last year at the exact top and made a killing, the most important thing is to limit your losses, if you do, the profits will come.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2019, 02:17:02 AM »
You can just use a mental stop if your trading platform does not allow placing a stop, though it is harder since BTC trades 24 hours a day and you are not able to watch it day and night, the best you can do is to never let any profit turn into a loss, so if it keeps going higher, keep raising your mental stop to trail the price, once the price hits your stop just sell, no one ever, can catch the exact tops or bottoms, but sometimes it does happen, I shorted BTC last year at the exact top and made a killing, the most important thing is to limit your losses, if you do, the profits will come.
That's all fine and dandy, but if I suppose BTC will reach 14k does that mean after it hits the 14k mark I'm suppose to withdraw all my funds? If it reached 14 then chances are it's going to reach 15 or more.
 By putting a mental stop your limiting your profit, but then again you can loose some as well, nothing stops it from plummeting even before reaching 14k and noone will tell you to remove the funds.

Also if you set your stop at 14 and it creeps all the way to 15.5 you can take the risk as you made 1.5 more than your stop, so you have nothing to loose.
   I guess I need to do a bit more research on how the stop works with the pros and cons.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2019, 02:27:01 AM »
Wow insane $700 in a matter of hours.
  Now topping $13k.
 I think it's time to fund another few $.

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2019, 02:27:51 AM »
That's all fine and dandy, but if I suppose BTC will reach 14k does that mean after it hits the 14k mark I'm suppose to withdraw all my funds? If it reached 14 then chances are it's going to reach 15 or more.
 By putting a mental stop your limiting your profit, but then again you can loose some as well, nothing stops it from plummeting even before reaching 14k and noone will tell you to remove the funds.

Also if you set your stop at 14 and it creeps all the way to 15.5 you can take the risk as you made 1.5 more than your stop, so you have nothing to loose.
   I guess I need to do a bit more research on how the stop works with the pros and cons.
There is a saying that you never go broke by taking a profit, and a profit here and another there adds to big money. Let me give you an e.g. I bought puts on 2 stocks, SNAP the July 5th 15 put and ROKU the July 5th 100 put. Twenty puts on SNAP , the stock went up against me one day then fell sharply, i got out today after holding for 2 days with a $650 profit. Now on ROKU the stock crashed today, I got out when it was down $4 and on 10 puts made $2600 , but the minute I got out the stock fell $3.5 more in less than an hour, i could have doubled my profit, but I never let it bother me, as I can't squeeze every penny from a trade. For me I have been successful as a short term trader, I do not hold anything more than hours or a few days, the most a few weeks occasionally when I see a big move.The most important thing I learned is to always cut your losses fast, never let a profit turn to a loss, and take your profit when you can, not when you have to. Sorry if I bored you with all this :)

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2019, 02:34:29 AM »
There is a saying that you never go broke by taking a profit, and a profit here and another there adds to big money. Let me give you an e.g. I bought puts on 2 stocks, SNAP the July 5th 15 put and ROKU the July 5th 100 put. Twenty puts on SNAP , the stock went up against me one day then fell sharply, i got out today after holding for 2 days with a $650 profit. Now on ROKU the stock crashed today, I got out when it was down $4 and on 10 puts made $2600 , but the minute I got out the stock fell $3.5 more in less than an hour, i could have doubled my profit, but I never let it bother me, as I can't squeeze every penny from a trade. For me I have been successful as a short term trader, I do not hold anything more than hours or a few days, the most a few weeks occasionally when I see a big move.The most important thing I learned is to always cut your losses fast, never let a profit turn to a loss, and take your profit when you can, not when you have to. Sorry if I bored you with all this :)
No not at all, actually enjoy reading your tips and tricks.
    Yes indeed very true with what you said, but then again when does one decide I'm going to stop at 10 or I'm going to stop at 20 where do you set your maxpoint?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2019, 02:43:42 AM »
What trading site do you use for bitcoins?
  I'm using the cash app which is extremely easy, not sure if the best place. But for now it seems to be working for me.