Author Topic: Praise for El Al  (Read 4996 times)

Offline zow

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Praise for El Al
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2018, 11:31:00 AM »
Shamelessly copied from Rabbi Mendy Uminer’s weekly email, joke of the week:

Polite Israeli's

Benny is on his way to Saint Barts for a 2 week vacation. As he’s waiting in the departure lounge at Heathrow airport, a gorgeous woman walks over and sits down next to him.

Benny is convinced that she must be an airline stewardess. However, because she’s not in uniform, he doesn’t know which airline. So he attempts to find out without asking her directly.

He turns to her and chants aloud the Delta Airlines slogan, "Love to fly and it shows?"

She just stares at him in a confused kind of way, so he’s sure she doesn’t work for Delta Airlines.

He turns to her again and this time chants aloud the Singapore Airlines slogan, "Something special in the air?"

Once again she gives him the same confused look, so he’s sure she doesn’t work for Singapore Airlines.

Benny then turns to her for a third time and chants aloud the Thai Airways slogan, "Smooth as Silk?"

At this, the woman gets very, very angry. With a snarl on her face she turns to Benny and shouts, "What the hell do you want?"

Suddenly, all is clear to Benny - he knows who she works for. He slumps back in his chair and says, "Ah, so you work for El Al."

Offline jose34

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Praise for El Al
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2018, 03:04:13 PM »
Correct. Flew Delta ex-TLV a few weeks ago and literally put a whole stack of seforim into my roller bag. IME US airlines in general give the easiest time with carryons, and they are my favorite way to go to Israel when possible.

Also took Alitalia ex-TLV several months ago. Some bochur had a morbidly obese backpack, which they mandatorily checked for free. Also, based on others’ general experiences, it seems most checkin agents don’t have the nerve to make you pay for it, even if they force you to check it.

Interesting, makes a lot of sense.
However usually once you get passed the check in counter they usually leave you alone in regards to paying unless I guess your flying OS.
Even when I flew LH recently they agreed to check the bag at the gate and started mumbiling how heavy the bag was and I should really pay etc but they just the bag without having me pay.
Another example flying AC  I was only allowed to carry on 2 pieces I had 3, at the gate  they told me I needed to check the 3 rd piece but did not charge for me it.