Topic Wiki

Gosh, is this so complicated? He was a true American hero. Period. Full stop.

RIP.

HT: beeweegee

Author Topic: RIP John McCain  (Read 27102 times)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: RIP John McCain
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2018, 04:04:54 PM »
Repeal Obamacare? How many times did he say that during the Obama years.
We all make mistakes. The bigger man owns them like he has.
The only ones that will ever remember his last vote on it will be the Trumpsters because Trump used it mock him. The question is will he still continue to do it?
I just found a new supply of forks!

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2018, 04:12:59 PM »
The only ones that will ever remember his last vote on it will be the Trumpsters because Trump used it mock him. The question is will he still continue to do it?
Wrong.

McCain chose a certain path in recent years. He could have left his legacy where it was the last time he lost the primaries, and there wouldn't have been any divisiveness or controversy around him.

He chose to take the path of appeasement to the (radical) left, he might have been well-meaning, but if that is the case he was simply blind or not wise enough to realize that the D's are as partisan, with strong radical leanings, as it gets.

Trump, and his style, are far from being my cup of tea, but unfortunately in the reality of today's day and age, it seems like class and finesse have gone the way of the dodo. So all we have to look at is the end results. And I think Trump seems to be delivering on those (despite the fact that the road there might be bumpy). Trade deal signed with Mexico today (I have no idea what the details are, but the bottom line is that there's something there that was signed by both parties.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2018, 04:13:12 PM »
So only Trumpsters will remember? How about the people that voted for him because he will "lead the fight on Obamacare"?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2018, 04:16:42 PM »
Wrong.

McCain chose a certain path in recent years. He could have left his legacy where it was the last time he lost the primaries, and there wouldn't have been any divisiveness or controversy around him.

He chose to take the path of appeasement to the (radical) left, he might have been well-meaning, but if that is the case he was simply blind or not wise enough to realize that the D's are as partisan, with strong radical leanings, as it gets.

Trump, and his style, are far from being my cup of tea, but unfortunately in the reality of today's day and age, it seems like class and finesse have gone the way of the dodo. So all we have to look at is the end results. And I think Trump seems to be delivering on those (despite the fact that the road there might be bumpy). Trade deal signed with Mexico today (I have no idea what the details are, but the bottom line is that there's something there that was signed by both parties.
Tell yourself what ever you want to justify Trump. I will stick with McCain!!!

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2018, 04:22:48 PM »
I think its important for us to show a united front. I think many of his actions derailed that. Yes, Trump is of course to blame that too. I think if McCain would have let him come to his funeral, it would have sent a much stronger message to the American people.

That tweet was not needed and just make us look bad. Then again, so are most of Trump's tweets, but no one is arguing that point.

All in all, John McCain lived a great life and served his country with dignity. May he RIP.

Your argument is that he did certain things which were wrong in order to build a legacy. Think about that. It means that he didn't carry water for Trump to build a legacy, because in future, with the benefit of hindsight, going against Trump will be a legacy but toeing party line for the sake of partisanship would be seen as the wrong thing to do?

In other words, when faced with a choice, on one side doing something politically expedient, on the other "building a legacy" - the legacy is obviously the choice of integrity. Even if your motive is a legacy, it's still the right choice!

Of course, he could be wrong. But he still chose what he thought was the correct path, not the politically expedient one.

When Obama did the Iran deal, was it necessary then to hold a united front? And your refrain about Trump attending the funeral is proved more and more absurd seeing Trump's efforts to denigrate McCain at every opportunity since his passing.

Trump being at the funeral would be a national disgrace.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2018, 04:23:28 PM »
McCain appeasing the radical left? What are you people smoking?!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2018, 05:10:57 PM »
McCain appeasing the radical left? What are you people smoking?!
How anyone can use appeasement when describing anything McCain did is beyond me. This is the same gut who refused an early release from being a POW.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2018, 05:15:27 PM »
How anyone can use appeasement when describing anything McCain did is beyond me. This is the same gut who refused an early release from being a POW.
So you think he could have never changed.

שהרי יוחנן כהן גדול שמש בכהונה גדולה שמונים שנה, ולבסוף נעשה צדוקי
-- Dan

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2018, 05:18:18 PM »
John McCain is a war hero and if it would stayed with that it would be great, unfortunately he let us down in his political carrier last while, john doesn't deserve to be criticized in such sensitive times after his passing, after all it was Johns decision to politicize his funeral by dis-inviting the current president, you cant expect much from trump in such a case.

its just interesting to compare the headlines of the same fake news channels from '08 elections with johns passing.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2018, 05:20:45 PM »
So you think he could have never changed.
Has his views changed, of course. Don't turn into a typical Trumpster by using that word when describing him.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2018, 05:21:48 PM »
John McCain is a war hero and if it would stayed with that it would be great, unfortunately he let us down in his political carrier last while, john doesn't deserve to be criticized in such sensitive times after his passing, after all it was Johns decision to politicize his funeral by dis-inviting the current president, you cant expect much from trump in such a case.

its just interesting to compare the headlines of the same fake news channels from '08 elections with johns passing.
Typical Trumpster. Blame a true American HERO over our coward draft dodging president.

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2018, 05:24:27 PM »
Typical Trumpster. Blame a true American HERO over our coward draft dodging president.
ever heard of a scale?
he has on both sides of the scale and one side might tip the other but don't make it like he is a lamed vuvnik
["-"]

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2018, 05:26:48 PM »
ever heard of a scale?
One side we have a decorated war hero and the other side we have a draft dodging coward. On what side of the scale are you?  ::)

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2018, 05:35:29 PM »
Boy am I glad I never step foot into the Politics thread, if this is what it looks like.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2018, 05:39:14 PM »
Boy am I glad I never step foot into the Politics thread, if this is what it looks like.
Don't worry it will get worse.  :)

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2018, 05:41:41 PM »
Has his views changed, of course. Don't turn into a typical Trumpster by using that word when describing him.
No sir. I am not talking about his views. I am talking about these kinds of things:

https://twitter.com/SenJohnMcCain/status/1005614491768360960

Last time I checked, the POTUS is the commander in chief. For a person of military background to put out such a tweet, means something else changed besides for his views. I am not comparing him to Trump, nor am I discussing Trump. As pointed out, it was McCain who decided to politicize all of this. And unfortunately, that will now become part of his legacy.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 05:47:38 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2018, 05:48:34 PM »
No sir. I am not talking about his views. I am talking about these kinds of things:

https://twitter.com/SenJohnMcCain/status/1005614491768360960?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1005614491768360960&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.dansdeals.com%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D95295.0

Last time I checked, the POTUS is the commander in chief. For a person of military background to put out such a tweet, means something else changed besides for his views. I am not comparing him to Trump, nor am I discussing Trump. As pointed out, it was McCain who decided to politicize all of this. And unfortunately, that will now become part of his legacy.
Last time I checked he was in the US Senate and not the military. What changed is we have a despicable person as president that is doing untold damage to this country.

Glad your not discussing Trump.  ::)

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2018, 05:54:51 PM »

after all it was Johns decision to politicize his funeral by dis-inviting the current president, you cant expect much from trump in such a case.

This thread is making my head explode. The man's funeral is not a swearing in ceremony. Again, on what planet would any of you want someone who mocked and denigrated you in the worst possible way to be at your funeral unless it was to ask forgiveness, which Trump is incapable of?

https://twitter.com/SenJohnMcCain/status/1005614491768360960

What a a load of nonsense. You would have wanted your senator to shout from the hilltops against Obama's policies. Were was your loyalty to the commander in chief when congress invited Netanyahu against his wishes?

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2018, 06:02:42 PM »
Don't worry it will get worse.  :)
I'm checking out. Just for the record, I don't get how people let their minds get twisted by the gangster Trump, and lower themselves to his kindergarten level brain, with his denigrating everyone normal, and all of a sudden left is right and right is left.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2018, 06:05:25 PM »
What a a load of nonsense. You would have wanted your senator to shout from the hilltops against Obama's policies. Were was your loyalty to the commander in chief when congress invited Netanyahu against his wishes?

It is one thing to shout against the POTUS's policies, it's another to talk directly to foreigners against the POTUS. I pointing this out in the context of his military background. There are certain things that civilians might have the liberty to do, which military personnel do not. I am fully aware that he was a civilian at the time of that tweet, but I would think that a person with a military background would stick to certain standards when it comes to the commander in chief.
-- Dan